Boneyard descriptor | The Boneyard

Boneyard descriptor

Reaction Score
I searched for the Boneyard tonight on Chrome and noticed a descriptor beneath the title included the phrase "cess pool." Does anyone know how those descriptors can be changed???

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Cesspool is the off-topic board that discusses mostly politics.
Perhaps the most generous use of the term "discusses" I've ever read. It was entertaining during the presidential campaign.

BTW Nan, it is chock full of people who are easily offended and plenty of people who look to offend them.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It's a bunch of people yelling at and insulting each other to show how much more right they are. It's a place where the guys strut around waving rulers at each other shouting, "Mine's bigger than yours". :rolleyes:

Why can't men argue like women? When we argue we make catty comments about each other's hair or clothes, someone cries, then we all go out together for Margaritas and trash men. See how simple?

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
It's a bunch of people yelling at and insulting each other to show how much more right they are. It's a place where the guys strut around waving rulers at each other shouting, "Mine's bigger than yours". :rolleyes:

Why can't men argue like women? When we argue we make catty comments about each other's hair or clothes, someone cries, then we all go out together for Margaritas and trash men. See how simple?

Guys enjoy a good p_ssing contest because, well, we always know better than the other guy who needs to be converted to our point of view. And then we belly up to the bar, relish several cold brews, and speak badly of women.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score

Sounds like Facebook. Guys think they are always right, although my wife sort of convinces me I'm not.

I don't get in the (political) arguments constantly on Facebook but I admit I stress. So I have stayed away from the cesspool.

By the way, though, Nan - did you know that my first exposure to "alternative facts" was on the WBB BY a couple of years ago, reading a discussion in which I did not participate. The folks were arguing over the most popular sport in England, 2 quite vehemently, and a third person brought in an actual survey from (IIRC) the London Times. I have never forgotten - and I made a big thing about it among my friends - when one of the disputants made a comment like this - "Well, that's alright, but I'll continue to believe what I'm saying is the most popular sport because it makes more sense to me". If that isn't alternative facts - 2 or more years before the phrase was invented - I don't know what is.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Why can't men argue like women?

Well for one thing, men have something that they can compare as to being "bigger". And although women will never admit it (at least to men), size matters. ;)

When we argue we make catty comments about each other's hair or clothes, someone cries, then we all go out together for Margaritas and trash men. See how simple?
No, that's not the way it goes. Women will make catty comments about each other, behind their backs. And then they'll carry that $H#% for years and years and bring it up again over and over. :rolleyes:

Men can have an all out, punch in the face fight and then go out for beer. Women? They never let that stuff go. Ever.

Reaction Score

We do the male equivalent. We shout as loud as we can, we don't listen to any response unless it is a catty comment about our wife or mother. We then brag about our mostly fictional love life. Then everybody laughs and we grab a beer. Or we start a war.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Well for one thing, men have something that they can compare as to being "bigger". And although women will never admit it (at least to men), size matters. ;)

No, that's not the way it goes. Women will make catty comments about each other, behind their backs. And then they'll carry that $H#% for years and years and bring it up again over and over. :rolleyes:

Men can have an all out, punch in the face fight and then go out for beer. Women? They never let that stuff go. Ever.
Pardon me, but are you mansplaining women to me?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Pardon me, but are you mansplaining women to me?
Mansplaining men. ;)

The rest is just observation. :cool: (although you could prove me wrong, just sayin' :rolleyes:)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
If you want to Lurk.....man....the cesspool is the place to be if you have insomnia. Those guys are nutz.:confused:
yes, people's true colors come out over there...

its the last place I visit when Im bored out of my mind

no insomnia but work overnight so I have a lil more time on my hands

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Sounds like Facebook. Guys think they are always right, although my wife sort of convinces me I'm not.

I don't get in the (political) arguments constantly on Facebook but I admit I stress. So I have stayed away from the cesspool.

By the way, though, Nan - did you know that my first exposure to "alternative facts" was on the WBB BY a couple of years ago, reading a discussion in which I did not participate. The folks were arguing over the most popular sport in England, 2 quite vehemently, and a third person brought in an actual survey from (IIRC) the London Times. I have never forgotten - and I made a big thing about it among my friends - when one of the disputants made a comment like this - "Well, that's alright, but I'll continue to believe what I'm saying is the most popular sport because it makes more sense to me". If that isn't alternative facts - 2 or more years before the phrase was invented - I don't know what is.
Facebook is easily controlled by the people you have selected as "friends". Way better controlled setting than the ceespool. FB you know their 'real names, jobs, where they live, kids etc." not so much on the BY or any other "forum"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom