Boneyard Bookie – 2014 | The Boneyard

Boneyard Bookie – 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am looking to start a little competition this year if we can get a good following from the Boneyard. Each week I will post the spread and over/under lines for the UCONN game and the top college football games of the week. You don’t have to make picks every week but we will have an end of season cumulative winner as well as weekly winners. (If someone can find a way we can tie this into a charity gift in the name of the winner, or something to that effect, I am all ears.)

The rules are simple:
1) For each game make a selection against the spread and the total.
2) If your post has been edited with a time stamp after the game has started it will not count.

Example:

UCONN vs BYU
BYU -17 O/U 51

The above is how a game will be listed. BYU is favored by 17 points and the total combined points for the game is set at 51. An example of how you would make you selection is below:

UCONN and the Over

Lines for the games will be posted on Mondays. Please add suggestions if any or drop an (I’m in) if you would like to play so that we can see how much interest there is.

Reaction Score
I think whaler, jerry, and a few others got a chubby just from the thread title.

Not knowing the legality of this, I'm going to exit thread now.

Reaction Score
I think whaler, jerry, and a few others got a chubby just from the thread title.

Not knowing the legality of this, I'm going to exit thread now.

Searching through other boards, similar things are done. Don't really understand the concern over legality. This is no different than Streak for the Cash on ESPN, or any of the websites that run pick'em contests. No money changing hands, just a fun competition.

But maybe "Bookie" in the title wasn't the best choice... Could have gone with "Pick'em"

Reaction Score
See this is why gambling never works for me, there is no doubt who I'm picking to win every week.

Reaction Score
I'm in. And I'll make a donation to uconn athletics

Reaction Score
I am in for charity or tickets for military for the year, starting with Stony brook.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I am in. Gimmee the Huskies and the points. No way BYU covers let alone win. They will be awestruck by the noise and enthusiasm. UC 27 BYU 24. Puyol. Just sayin'

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm already in bed with the 17 so I'll take 'em here too. If I had to play the O/U, I'd go O.

Reaction Score
Hold your picks till I post the lines and games on Monday.... but seems like a few people are up for it so I will start it up and we will see how it goes.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd share the suggestion that the total would be fun to list for UConn, but other than that I'd avoid totals and just post spreads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom