Boneyard Badass Awards for Tulsa Victory. . . | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boneyard Badass Awards for Tulsa Victory. . .

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Of course, I could not disagree...both putting up some unbelievably gaudy figures. Now the badass thing, I dunno, it's your creation, but I think it has a slightly different connotation...a sort of "in your face" kind of thing that says to opponents, "take your best shot...but just watch, I'm gonna rip your heart out!" Heeere's Gabby!!

I did not say -- nor do I believe -- that Lou is a better (AA) player than Gabby. I rate them as comparable superlative players with different skills. (Clearly, Lou is a better shooter but Gabby is an incredible defender and rebounder.) As I imagined how I would cast my AA vote, I took refuge in the immutable rule of the legendary pool hustler, Minnesota Fats:

"Always take the easy shots first.";)

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
UcMiami - Sorry, I don't see a point being made in your rebuttal. All you've done is elaborated on what I've already stated. The one exception is that claim you don't see the four to six shot Lou takes on average per game that she shouldn't (except the Tulsa game). If that's truly the case, then I strongly suggest you actually start watching the games play by play. Every time she shoots when she's not in rhythm is a shot she shouldn't have taken. There's an old adage that says, "figures don't lie, but liars can figure." No, I'm not calling you a liar, but comparing stats of two players on different teams, playing against different competition, playing different positions, etc., is an argument that doesn't hold water. And, you yourself had already pointed that out. Your last statement makes me chuckle, "Different positions on different teams at different stages of their careers against different competition - both great players!" as it is again just an enhancement of what I stated previously.
Washington wants her to score bushel baskets of points and win NPOY.

None of the above is being provided Samuelson. [/QUOTE
HP - Last night and every night Lou and pretty much every scorer takes 'shots that are not in perfect rhythm - and they typically make lots of them, and they take lots of shots that are in very good rhythm and they miss a lot of them - you can tell the ones that were perfect by the ones that go through the hoop is what I always say! :) Sure I have seen a few shots by Lou that were 'bad' until they went in and a few that were 'bad' that didn't go in. What I do notice is that there are a few games when she seems to lose her legs on her shot late in the third or into the fourth, though that certainly didn't happen against Maryland thankfully.
Lou is taking 26% of her teams shots - Collier gets 20%, and no one else gets more than 15% - so yes, UConn is running stuff for Lou, setting screens for Lou, and finding Lou a lot. Colliers 20% includes many more rebound/put backs than Lou as well - not designed or assisted.
Washington I am sure could care less if Plum wins the NPOY - they want to win games, and her shooting is the best way to do so. Just like the more involved Stewart was in games the last four years the better UConn's chance of winning. And if that meant she garnered personal accolades, bully for her.

Reaction Score
If Lou or Pheesa were given the green light to shoot 25-30 shots a night, like Plum, what would their numbers be?
Singly or together shooting--with individual numbers if together on the floor--pretty much as they are now. If only one of them played on the team all other factors equivalent==Napheesa's numbers may be would be equal to Plum --I say Collier because she can shoot any where on the floor now that her 3 is going. Gabby has a 3 but not as accurate as Precious Collier.
Like her or leave her---Plum can shoot as is that kid from Tulsa.
I seriously doubt Geno is holding any on the team from scoring every point they can make. I believe they ALL have the green light, which turns red when they miss more than they should.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom