Bob Huggins says he never resigned, wants reinstatement | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bob Huggins says he never resigned, wants reinstatement

Reaction Score
I think he got that with his resignation.
If you are correct and my assumptions were wrong (as they often are), then God bless America, Huggins was arrested for DUI, he resigned in disgrace from a state government job and received severance pay? Wow, nothing wrong with that picture.

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
"...mistake..."!? Alcoholics are hilarious (I get to say that...I've got 30 years sober "by the grace of God" as we say). Actually it's sad. Booze and drugs do not discriminate. AA rooms are filled with millionaires and laborers, high achievers and low achievers and everything in between. The chances of a normal healthy productive life for him are slim at best. I wish him God speed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"...mistake..."!? Alcoholics are hilarious (I get to say that...I've got 30 years sober "by the grace of God" as we say). Actually it's sad. Booze and drugs do not discriminate. AA rooms are filled with millionaires and laborers, high achievers and low achievers and everything in between. The chances of a normal healthy productive life for him are slim at best. I wish him God speed.
30 years? I thought you were younger than you apparently are. Congratulations on your sustained sobriety.

Reaction Score
any of our lawyer friends care to chime in? Does he have any chance of pulling off the KO miracle or is he done?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
any of our lawyer friends care to chime in? Does he have any chance of pulling off the KO miracle or is he done?
Not a lawyer but that letter essentials says “hi, deek measuring contest, here’s mine. What kind of second place prize are you looking for?”

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not a lawyer but that letter essentials says “hi, deek measuring contest, here’s mine. What kind of second place prize are you looking for?”
Is he in a union? Ollie really only won because he was in the union (which is absurd) that represents professors.

Reaction Score
Guessing if they didn’t get a letter signed by Huggins or an email directly from his account the University may have jumped the gun here. But definitely gonna be interesting to watch this one play out.

Reaction Score
The university's response provides evidence of multiple written and verbal acknowledgements of the resignation. And it is very clear they don't want him back under any circumstances. Given that they are paying him there's really nothing more for Huggins to do or try. He's done.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

According to WVU, the “University accommodated with Huggins to send the message from his wife’s account because Huggins doesn’t know how to use email.”

He also cleaned out his desk the next day. That’s what we call ratification.

As others have said, he probably got a new lawyer who found out Huggins didn’t sign the letter and thought maybe they could use that to shake down WVU. But Huggins was probably too stupid to tell the lawyer all of the facts.

I haven’t read much about his contract but they probably could’ve fired him for cause and, unlike KO, he’d have no argument that it was pretext. They bent over backwards to keep him after the homophobic stuff.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think he got that with his resignation.

I don’t think we know what he got. Perhaps it was negotiated downward. His salary was $3.15M.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The university's response provides evidence of multiple written and verbal acknowledgements of the resignation. And it is very clear they don't want him back under any circumstances. Given that they are paying him there's really nothing more for Huggins to do or try. He's done.
Yeah. His best bet is to hope for the Liberty job if they crash and burn in the AAC.

Reaction Score
According to WVU, the “University accommodated with Huggins to send the message from his wife’s account because Huggins doesn’t know how to use email.”

As others have said, he probably got a new lawyer who found out Huggins didn’t sign the letter and thought maybe they could use that to shake down WVU. But Huggins was probably too stupid to tell the lawyer all of the facts.

I haven’t read much about his contract but they probably could’ve fired him for cause and, unlike KO, he’d have no argument that it was pretext. They bent over backwards to keep him after the homophobic stuff.
They have email in West Virginia??

I kid, I kid

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I really believe that not knowing how to use email should disqualify you from essentially all forms of employment. That's a red flag if ever I saw one.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If as UConn coach KO used the slurs Huggy used and then followed that up with a DUI, he and his lawyers would have $11M less than they do now.
Yeah, I'm not so sure about that. It's been a while since I looked at the collective bargaining agreement, but I'm not confident that either of those meet the undefined standard of "serious" breach of contract.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Huggy has a lawyer named Rocky? This sounds like some bad '70s cop show.

Just take the retirement man. Based on what I've seen recently it's pretty hard not to find work eventually if you want it no matter how terrible you've been.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom