Bob Diaco outta here. | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco outta here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Well, he must be related to Woody Allen: he took our money and ran.

Reaction Score
Good news team definitely needs new direction. I don't rejoice when a good man gets fired , good guy, bad coach. Here is Benedict 's chance to make his bones, can't screw this up.

Reaction Score
I got the news via email from UConn Club. I don't often venture over to the football board tho I always get to at least three games a year. What do you all think from hoops eye view? Any way we get a blue chip coach? Is Les Miles that desperate? I can name a bunch of hot assistant head coaches in CBB but not so much football.

Bob D is a good man but he surely had to go.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
You're gonna love this. Chief pretty much called it on the FB board about a week ago.
I think the writing was on the wall weeks ago. Probably right after last game. Not that big of a prediction.

Reaction Score
I think the writing was on the wall weeks ago. Probably right after last game. Not that big of a prediction.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you don't follow college FB very closely. Especially UConn FB. There are too many variables to explain why this was a surprise, but credit where credit is due. Chief got some new .

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The Diaco Era:

Energy vampires, the Civil Conflict and fish cakes.

That was it.

Reaction Score
The Diaco Era:

Energy vampires, the Civil Conflict and fish cakes.

That was it.

There's more: Wasted TOs, wrong decisions & being outcoached every game, screwy metaphors, love & brotherhood, and, of course, cranberry pants.

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised given his record and the direction the team was heading in. I would also not have been surprised if he got one more year though. I see this as Benedict clearly means business and now I'm looking forward to a new coach. I'm also impressed that Benedict does not need/want to hire a search firm. Seems to me that he has a lot of confidence and knows people - which are his responsibilities. I really like this move and like how he handled it so far.

C

Chief00

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you don't follow college FB very closely. Especially UConn FB. There are too many variables to explain why this was a surprise, but credit where credit is due. Chief got some new .
Actually I did get a new one - LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog