Bob Diaco is Back | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco is Back

Reaction Score
Diaco did get us to one bowl game in his three years here. You have to give him that. He was way better than RE 2.0.
Way better then coach P also… for a while it was fun having Diaco here… he was the crazy coach at Uconn… his quotes were making it on espn… but after a while .. it wasn’t much fun

Reaction Score
Is this a prelude to the SEC signing an expanded contract with Nickelodeon?!;)
As wacky as that sounded at the time, in that case Bobster was right on. The NFL does a couple of games a year on Nicklodeon

Reaction Score
His clock management was one for the ages. The guy didn't even know what down it was. Yuck. We would have never hired him if it wasn't for the "Notre Dame" on his resume.
But I heard Susan say Warde was a football guy who would get this right!

Reaction Score
Agreed.. I wish him well... We gave him his first shot and he failed miserably... a few years before coming to us, didn't he win the DC award for FBS coaches? The way he handled us it was unfathomable... He may end up being a guy who leads a FCS program for many years at the end of the day... From what I saw, that'd be his ultimate landing spot.. and not a bad one...
Yeah the was in over his head at UConn, made a lot of mistakes but has admitted it. An analyst position is good for him to get back to just "coaching". He definitely knows defense, even that showed while he was here.

Reaction Score
Way better then coach P also… for a while it was fun having Diaco here… he was the crazy coach at Uconn… his quotes were making it on espn… but after a while .. it wasn’t much fun
Had P hired literally anyone but DeLeone at OC, it would have been a hugely different tenure the first 2 seasons. He did still recruit well, but DeLeone derailed the whole program.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
In all fairness, everybody thought he was a great hire.
I don't think "everybody" thought his hire was great. I wanted an offensive minded coach.

I think everyone was ok with it because of his success at ND. But I don't remember most people thinking his hire was "great".

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I met him not too long after he was hired and saw how he thought he was the smartest guy in the room. I knew we were in trouble right there

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He at least tried new things. Changing the kickers room into a repository for healthy snacks didn't catch on, but it was a try.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom