Board Hubris - Doomed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Board Hubris - Doomed

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Best mojo has been the anti mojo mojo!

Dump the Dumpster!

Out nerd the anti math nerd August_West!

Relegate the apologista Fishy to the lava of Mount Doom!

Out the superstition of CL82! It has failed us from 2014 until now. Any success with it has purely been coincidental!

I have spoken!
geonosis-jango-decapitation-2.jpg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Just wait until the game chat starts tonight for the hubris to end. 90% of the chat members will empty their bowels within the first 5 minutes of the game.
You're being too optimistic! 99% even before the start!

You and I have spoken!

Reaction Score
It sucks knowing that Gonzaga is an unstoppable wagon, but it’s reality.
Top 5 player in college basketball over the last 4 years and Top 5 coach over the last 20+ years. They’re going to have the kitchen sink ready to throw at us.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Weuce! You'd end up swinging it like Mando with the Darksaber. You'd be lucky to hit my toes.

You are not the way!

Speaking of Mando, that picture of the baby @August_West posted with the Grogu outfit makes me think the child was adopted. Really adorable baby not looking anything like that guy's mug.

I have spoken!!
She thankfully takes after her mom

Reaction Score
Just wait until the game chat starts tonight for the hubris to end. 90% of the chat members will empty their bowels within the first 5 minutes of the game.
I'm cracking up over here. Just picturing Timme in the post scoring the first 2 pts of the game and then here it comes:
"it's gonna be a long day...'

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Oh, I’m on patrol…

homer simpson episode 10 GIF

When you see egregious overreach, let the perpetrator know that “we’re doomed” and bookmark the post “for use” later in the season.

(Hanging nominees are accepted immediately after the Big East tournament.)

It is this superstition that is bad mojo! You are relegating us to think like PC fans!

This is your way. It is not my way because it's a loser's mentality way!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Best mojo has been the anti mojo mojo!

Dump the Dumpster!

Out nerd the anti math nerd August_West!

Relegate the apologista Fishy to the lava of Mount Doom!

Out the superstition of CL82! It has failed us from 2014 until now. Any success with it has purely been coincidental!

I have spoken!
Say what you will fleudy but this thread is empirical evidence of what happens when you start feeling invincible. We got big in our britches and the gods knocked us down two pegs.

That future bet thread is group suicide.

Reaction Score
Weuce! You'd end up swinging it like Mando with the Darksaber. You'd be lucky to hit my toes.

You are not the way!

Speaking of Mando, that picture of the baby @August_West posted with the Grogu outfit makes me think the child was adopted. Really adorable baby not looking anything like that guy's mug.

I have spoken!!
I guess I’m a weuce. Had no idea this word existed. I thought you were calling everyone a wuss.

1679769530404.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Anybody know which player or team has won a national championship going into a tournament thinking they were doooommed?

Why does anybody really subscribe to @CL82's belief? Was it successful over the past eight years?

That void of success relegates this entire concept to superstition/nostalgia and not mojo. This is not the way!

We laughed at Hurley's incense burning thinking it was superstition. And yet here we are! This is the way!

We had success with testiculo. I suggest the weuces in this thread grow a pair and go all out with being optimistic.

I have spoken!
Seriously? On GameDay? W.t.f. Dude?
D51F4B84-46CB-4177-B63F-6CC2056AC232.jpeg

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Say what you will fleudy but this thread is empirical evidence of what happens when you start feeling invincible. We got big in our britches and the gods knocked us down two pegs.

That future bet thread is group suicide.
There is a big difference between feeling confident and feeling invincible. I do not subscribe to the latter. It's a fools way. Not even a star (the sky type) is invincible.

When I go on vacation I plan for as many things as possible ahead of time to avoid surprises. In spite of this there are things that have gone wrong. But I don't start the vacation worried about them. I deal with them as they arise.

There are some of us who are not emotional. That certainly avoids the cost of a negative outcome. But it also takes away from the highs one can have if things are wonderful. I feel if we start off worried in the case of any game we lesson our experience. The best thing imo is to learn to expand our positive emotional reactions and learn to minimize those negative ones. Doing this before games was hard for me. I was a knock on wood guy. So I understand how I am making people feel.

This forum was scrambling around like the recent PC circus looking for a hanging. It was a failed effort. I made a decision to voluntarily hang myself with this mando stuff. It is not my typical way (makes me uncomfortable) to make anyone uncomfortable in this forum. And here I am making multiple people uncomfortable.

It is not popular and I'm sure many are upset with it. My only excuse is I am doing it for the mojo.

THIS IS THE WAY! I HAVE SPOKEN!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom