Blue Out? Idea. | The Boneyard

Blue Out? Idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The whole premise of the blue out is stupid. Even if everyone wore blue I doubt it would stand out much at all, especially during the day.

Reaction Score
I'm watching Mizz vs Ga right now - everyone is in mustard yellow. Looks great on tv. The best teams can do it, why can't we?

Reaction Score
The cold hard reality is that navy blue is not a particularly impressive color to wear all together. A strong color like yellow or red can overpower a few people not wearing the right colors.

That being said, I don't think the fans clothing choices had a ton to do with our struggle today.

Reaction Score
UCONN should get Webster Bank, People's United and ATT etc etc to donate shirts for a real blue or white out.
At least everyone would be uniform.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The only way we will ever be able to have any sort of -Out is to have people handing out tee shirts of that color to every human who walks into the stadium.

And even then, we'd struggle.

Reaction Score
The only way we will ever be able to have any sort of -Out is to have people handing out tee shirts of that color to every human who walks into the stadium.

And even then, we'd struggle.

I agree with what you are saying here. Last year UCONN did a whiteout at Gampel for a game. Cannot remember which one it was. I am a XL-XXL depending on the brand of shirt. I was handed a Large shirt. I would have been better off wearing nothing and letting my big white belly hang out.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
lol.

Next time we have a white-out, tell UConn to order one less shirt 'cuz Darren is goin' belly-out.

Reaction Score
I agree with what you are saying here. Last year UCONN did a whiteout at Gampel for a game. Cannot remember which one it was. I am a XL-XXL depending on the brand of shirt. I was handed a Large shirt. I would have been better off wearing nothing and letting my big white belly hang out.

That was the Pitt game - I wear an XL and the shirts they handed out were tight on me. I gave it to my 11 year old when I got home, no way I was wearing that sausage skin again

Reaction Score
We should have a beige out....just because

We lose next week it better be a darker shade of brown than biege!

images

Reaction Score
The whole premise of the blue out is stupid. Even if everyone wore blue I doubt it would stand out much at all, especially during the day.

Thats true. Seems like only a White Out works, or if your team has a bright color.

Reaction Score
Offer free beverage service (beer or soda) in the first half for anyone wearing blue. Problem solved.

F

fortebleedsblue

Forget Blue-Out... it would be nice for a Sell-Out...

I'm torn on this. Yesterday the stadium looked sad .. Large gaps of empty seats, every color you can imagine with some blue speckled in. But then I saw the product on the field and realized two things... 1) Our W-L record hasn't been very impressive 2) the product on the field is incredibly boring to say the least. It's hard for us die hards to imagine but not everyone wants to lug their wife and kids to a game where nothing happens. You look at programs that have strong fan bases, Cinci, Boise, USC, WVU ... They have a product of football that is up tempo and exciting. Uconn just doesn't offer that. Drives that aren't run the first two plays for three and outs will start to get exciting and then the wild cat comes in and throws the rythem completely off. People on here can say it's the economy but I still see fans in other stadiums.. We live in the third richest state... It's not money ... It's the product. Sometimes going for it on 4th and inches is a good thing.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
That's fair. Yesterday's (lack of) performance sure didn't convince any fence-sitters to make a return trip to the Rent.

Reaction Score
Yesterday we had a silver-out with all those empty seats. We did have an impressive blue out in the chairbacks though. Of course it was from the chairbacks themselves not actual people.

Reaction Score
I was impressed by the guy a row in front of me in a UConn t-shirt that said "White Out". Probably picked it up at that basketball game.

We need to give up on blue outs unless a sponser is handing out free t-shirts. How about giveaways like they do for the first 15,000 fans at baseball parks? No, we don't have Steinbrenner family type deep pockets, but keychains, magnets, etc, those types of things are not expensive.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was impressed by the guy a row in front of me in a UConn t-shirt that said "White Out". Probably picked it up at that basketball game.

We need to give up on blue outs unless a sponser is handing out free t-shirts. How about giveaways like they do for the first 15,000 fans at baseball parks? No, we don't have Steinbrenner family type deep pockets, but keychains, magnets, etc, those types of things are not expensive.

I had a guy near me in a White Out shirt as well. I stopped at Dunkin Donuts on Silver Lane on the way in - there were probably 8-10 people in line going to the game, none of them wearing blue. I almost never wear blue as my better UConn shirts are gray. I dig out the Fincher jersey for big games.

I do wish they would stop with that stuff, it doesn't work and seems sort of pathetic.

Reaction Score
I'm usually not one to bitch about what people where to the games, but all these blue outs do is show how smalltime this fanbase is. The school needs to repeatedly ask fans to do three things: show up on time, stay to the end, and make as much noise as you can when we are on defense. That's all that really matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom