Black Wednesday | The Boneyard

Black Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm a Husky in midtown wondering the same thing myself.

It appears we won't have any news until after Christmas or even new years though.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Any rumors out there on who Coach D is going to bring in to replace this whole staff?
You're a kinda Glass is half empty typa guy, huh?

Reaction Score
This was coming...you could see it a mile away. This happens with regularity when FBS schools change head coaches..especially with records like we have had the past 3 years. The fact Pasqualoni kept Edsall's staff that stayed was a rarity!

Reaction Score
This was coming...you could see it a mile away. This happens with regularity when FBS schools change head coaches..especially with records like we have had the past 3 years. The fact Pasqualoni kept Edsall's staff that stayed was a rarity!

This. Whatever happens the next few years are on HCBD. He gets to pick his staff and do it his way.

Reaction Score

I always wondered why PP didn't make more changes. Kind of lazy if you ask me. He kept virtually anybody who wanted to stay.

Husky25

Reaction Score

Based on the timing of when Coach Edsall left the program, Former "Coach" Pasqualoni really had no choice. There is no way to assemble a brand new staff AND keep the recruiting class intact in a 4 1/2 week period. The coaches didn't leave in part because they needed jobs. Regardless of the economic climate, one does not typically leave one job unless they have another lined up, and no other team was banging down the door to pick over the staff of a 5 win team.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Based on the timing of when Coach Edsall left the program, Former "Coach" Pasqualoni really had no choice. There is no way to assemble a brand new staff AND keep the recruiting class intact in a 4 1/2 week period. The coaches didn't leave in part because they needed jobs. Regardless of the economic climate, one does not typically leave one job unless they have another lined up, and no other team was banging down the door to pick over the staff of a 5 win team.
this raises a point to me… HCBD will need to review the recruiting and see what gaps he wants to address in a short window… I will be interested to see how he wraps up that next class.

Reaction Score
Doesn't mean P could have cleaned hose the following year. Fact remains what is happening now is the norm in a coaching change.

Reaction Score
I guess I thought that was a joke, and the question was legit. Who knows?

It was sort of intended to be a joke of a title, followed by a serious question, although I don't mean to make light of these guys losing their jobs.

Reaction Score
According to Diaco (who should know) the staff will be assembled in the first week of January

Reaction Score
According to Diaco (who should know) the staff will be assembled in the first week of January

We got a lot of work to recruiting wise at that time.. at least we'll have had a coach in place for about two months before signing day instead of one.

Reaction Score
These guys know what can happen in this line of work. They will all land on their feet. It will be interesting to see how many of them land at FBS level schools.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Doesn't mean P could have cleaned hose the following year. Fact remains what is happening now is the norm in a coaching change.
In retrospect, Former "Coach" Pasqualoni wasn't going to clean house the following year because, at 63 years old, he was no longer a go-getter. He was letting life happen, cashing each $65,000 bi-weekly check a long the way.
I guess I thought that was a joke, and the question was legit. Who knows?
I look at it as the slate is clean and there is nothing but good to come. Black is generally associated with negativity/bad times/evil.
I dunno, Black Friday is generally considered a good thing, right??
Don't know. I've never gone shopping on Black Friday. I've never seen the allure.
Black Monday refers to the stock market crash in 1987.
Black Tuesday refers to the stock market crash of 1929 (and the start of the Great Depression).

Reaction Score
In retrospect, Former "Coach" Pasqualoni wasn't going to clean house the following year because, at 63 years old, he was no longer a go-getter. He was letting life happen, cashing each $65,000 bi-weekly check a long the way.

I look at it as the slate is clean and there is nothing but good to come. Black is generally associated with negativity/bad times/evil.

Don't know. I've never gone shopping on Black Friday. I've never seen the allure.
Black Monday refers to the stock market crash in 1987.
Black Tuesday refers to the stock market crash of 1929 (and the start of the Great Depression).
Yup...and now we have a AD who not only played P-5 level college football...but was in direct control of the same program as Assoc AD, about as far away as you can get from the loser we had in charge the last time this process was done!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Diaco retained half of the staff, there would be a whole different group bitching about that.

This is just proof that you can never make everyone happy.

Reaction Score
I would call it Black Wednesday because this is where the program will start getting back into the black.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Don't they also call it Black Monday after the NFL regular season starts because all the coaches who are canned? I'm thinking that's where the Black Wednesday reference came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom