OT: - Bivol beats Canelo | The Boneyard

OT: Bivol beats Canelo

Reaction Score
Not controversial. Close on the cards. Bivol moved really well and threw crisp combinations and Canelos punches had no effect on the bigger fighter.

Reaction Score
Bivol was sharp tonite made it look easy,canelo got a few uppercuts early but that was it,bivol is a masterclass boxer,called it last week

Reaction Score
Not controversial. Close on the cards. Bivol moved really well and threw crisp combinations and Canelos punches had no effect on the bigger fighter.
Canelo also didn't land many clean punches, alot of punches landed on Bivol's guard and arms

Reaction Score
There has never been a boxer that has had more favorable treatment from the judges than Canelo. From the mayweather fight to both Golovkin fights, even against Lara and Trout it always seems like one or more of the judges give him a huge benefit of the doubt in somewhat close rounds.

Reaction Score
Insane scorecards, Bivol won that easily

Absolutely insane they gave the first 4 rounds to Canelo

Canelo also delusional thinking he only lost 4 maybe 5 rounds. Bivol handled and outclassed Canelo by a sizable margin

Reaction Score
It was a close fight. Canelos walked down and stalked the bigger fighter early. Unlike Kovalev, Bivol kept his guard tight the whole night and took shots off the gloves and shoulders. Eventually Bivol started firing off sharp combinations and I thought cruised the 2nd half of the fight. I give Canelos credit for always challenging himself and making big fights. Errol Spence, Bud Crawford and a lot of younger fighters could learn from him. Don't take the safe route all the time.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I had it 117-111 for Bivol (3, 4, and 9 to Canelo). Great defense displayed by both fighters. Bivol was just too much for Canelo and I am happy the judges got it right, albeit cards were way too close. I hope Canelo does not activate the rematch clause, 168 is his top weight class I think. Canelo should let Bivol face Beterbiev for an undisputed LHW championship once Beterbiev disposes of Joe Smith Jr. next month.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I had it 117-111 for Bivol (3, 4, and 9 to Canelo). Great defense displayed by both fighters. Bivol was just too much for Canelo and I am happy the judges got it right, albeit cards were way too close. I hope Canelo does not activate the rematch clause, 168 is his top weight class I think. Canelo should let Bivol face Beterbiev for an undisputed LHW championship once Beterbiev disposes of Joe Smith Jr. next month.
I think Canelo already said after the fight he’s using the immediate rematch clause

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I think Canelo already said after the fight he’s using the immediate rematch clause
I don't see how the next fight will be different.. I think Bivol will be more comfortable attacking and will win by a larger margin. Bivol vs Beterbiev would be a better fight

The question is does Canelo decide then to face GGG for the 3rd time after ? That 1st fight should have been scored a W for GGG.

Reaction Score
He will lose again from what I saw
Yea, if he goes into the rematch with he same mindset all power. He lacked head movement. Just tried to walk him down with power. He will need to box. Show more skill. Head movement on defense.

Looks like he went into this fight believing all his hype. Had no plan B.

Reaction Score
Cards had it much closer than it really was landed 46 jabs to 10. Landed 106 "power shots to 74. How is that a close fight.

Reaction Score
I would enjoy watching bivol dismantle clenelo again,that was enjoyable.the scoring was embarrassing,how these judges keep their jobs smh.everytime clenelo threw a punch he got hit 2,3,4 times.thosr judges had no choice to give bivol the w,otherwise it would have looked really bad and put dazn on the hot seat

ColchVEGAS

Reaction Score
Bivol/Beterbiev would be a great fight. I used to give Beterbiev the edge, but after seeing that performance by Bivol I am not sure anymore.

I really do not want to see GGG/Canelo 3. I thought GGG won the first (I think a draw was acceptable but would have loved to see another judge's score in place of Byrd's). I thought Canelo might have eeked out the 2nd, but that was closer to a draw than the 1st. No interest in a 3rd with a declining GGG.

Reaction Score
It was a close fight. Canelos walked down and stalked the bigger fighter early. Unlike Kovalev, Bivol kept his guard tight the whole night and took shots off the gloves and shoulders. Eventually Bivol started firing off sharp combinations and I thought cruised the 2nd half of the fight. I give Canelos credit for always challenging himself and making big fights. Errol Spence, Bud Crawford and a lot of younger fighters could learn from him. Don't take the safe route all the time.
Clenelo can't hide anymore,there is none to cherry pick from,there aren't any paper champions left,he has no choice but to go in with top talent,he has no choice or his reputation will take a hit .

Reaction Score
There has never been a boxer that has had more favorable treatment from the judges than Canelo. From the mayweather fight to both Golovkin fights, even against Lara and Trout it always seems like one or more of the judges give him a huge benefit of the doubt in somewhat close rounds.
The opponent knows they are going into a Canelo fight already down 2 or 3 rounds to Canelo before the fight even starts, it's insane.

Reaction Score
That fight is the reason why boxing isn't popular with anyone under 45. I fell asleep between rounds 6 and 9.

116-112 seemed right after watching the replay. Maybe 117, but the judges were really trying to give it to Canelo. Good on him for always getting out of his c9mfort zone unlike most fighters... but that just wasn't very fun.

High level defense from everyone and really solid fundamentals from Bivol offensively. Piece him up with straights and good footwork.

ColchVEGAS

Reaction Score
Canelo will need a double dose of that "tainted" Mexican beef to take down the likes of Bivol/Beterbiev.

Reaction Score
Clenelo can't hide anymore,there is none to cherry pick from,there aren't any paper champions left,he has no choice but to go in with top talent,he has no choice or his reputation will take a hit .
Who has he hid from? That's the point. He has gotten in there with pretty much every significant fighter in his weight class and has moved up to take on bigger fighters like Callum Smith, Kovalev, and now Bivol. Don't give me guys like Demetrius Andrade, and Charlo who go around and say they want the fight but price themselves out right away by demanding north of 10 million for a fight. Canelo has reached that Pacquiao, Mayweather level where non boxing people know who he is, and such makes 30-35 million per fight. He's not about to take less so some other guy can make a career high purse off of him. He has shown a willingness to fight guys like Bivol, a real threat to defeat him and Kovalev as long as he is making what he's earned.

Reaction Score
I see how you left out benividez who happens to be no1 Challenger 168,,the other 2 we ere never offered a fight how could they price themselves out?nothing on the table.canelo wasn't interested,I'll give u a hint as to why(speed) bad matchup for him,like bivol last night,in and out all day.why not fight smith or bterbiev the man with the belts.they misjudged bivol ,they thought he was the weakest of anyone at 175. Kovalev was finished when they fought,they only gave him a month to get ready.good try though

Reaction Score
Btw canelo refused Charlo and benividez .money was there

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom