Bill Simmons has a “full-on heat check” for Bouknight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bill Simmons has a “full-on heat check” for Bouknight

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If your measure of success is "better than you, the dumbest person on this message board," then every NBA player is a phenomenal success. If the question is "did Rudy's perceived lack of effort hurt him on draft night," you know, the thing we're actually talking about, then yes, it very obviously hurt him.
I thought it was pretty clear I was talking about his long NBA career but if I won't stop you from ginning up some faux outrage if that's your want. I'm just pleased you agree with me about Rudy's level of effort at UConn. Real time there weren't very many of us. And that lack of effort certainly didn't hurt him in the bank account, Frenchy. Which was my point. Rudy always got paid.

Reaction Score
I’ve listened to his pod for past 4 years or so. I think him and Ryen Russilo are fantastic breaking hoop down. Simmons gets a little fan happy with the Celtics, and I feel his way of throwing Kemba to the side a little ridiculous (I heard him one time refer to Kemba as a backup PG - and I get it - even us boneyarders get on our own guys pretty hard sometimes - it’s because we expect more out of our own players we root so hard for - but get out of here with being a backup). The team chemistry on the court hasn’t been there in recent years - I think it has much to do about Stevens and even Tatum (dude is awesome but only plays hard when he wants to). However I dig his pod - I think his best quality as a podcaster is that he is one hundred percent a die hard hoops fan and loves the game.

I have never listened to his sports stuff but the Rewatchables podcast is fantastic. They go through movies that are "rewatchable"...great stuff.

Reaction Score
Rudy was Andrew Wiggins V1. Super successfully guy, all the physical tools, played really well, you just always wonder if he hit his peak potential.
That being said, he’s an excellent player, excellent representative of the university, and a very very rich man.

Reaction Score
Rudy was Andrew Wiggins V1. Super successfully guy, all the physical tools, played really well, you just always wonder if he hit his peak potential.
That being said, he’s an excellent player, excellent representative of the university, and a very very rich man.
I agree. Rudy never played to his immense potential and i have no idea why. Rudy imho had the talent to be a top 5 NBA player possibly even Lebron James, kevin durant level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom