Bilas Ranks The Sweet 16 | The Boneyard

Bilas Ranks The Sweet 16

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
And guess who is #1?

The blurb (I know, "doomed", right?):

UConn #1.jpg

"Clear favorite - and for good reason." I like that.

By the way, Mr. SDSU "UConn is not a blue blood." For what it's worth, SDSU is his #16.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
-Most prominent Duke CBB analyst has been one of UConn's biggest supporters
- the Hurley name is embedded in our program forever.

Who wants to lay the dook sword down and call a truce?
I've always been a bit more neutral on Duke than most of this board, partly because I consider UNC to be as big if not a bigger obnoxiously arrogant mob. But hiring the whiny child Scheyer as their coach won't let me go there yet. Perhaps had we beat them out for this year's #1 recruit ...?

Reaction Score
I've always been a bit more neutral on Duke than most of this board, partly because I consider UNC to be as big if not a bigger obnoxiously arrogant mob. But hiring the whiny child Scheyer as their coach won't let me go there yet. Perhaps had we beat them out for this year's #1 recruit ...?
Yeah. I'd say I dislike Duke as much as any other fan of a big time program would dislike a bratty, dirty team. I still don't think we have any reason to claim we have a rivalry with them. I guess it's the same way that St louis Cardinals fans feel about the Yankees.

Reaction Score
And guess who is #1?

The blurb (I know, "doomed", right?):

View attachment 98309

"Clear favorite - and for good reason." I like that.

By the way, Mr. SDSU "UConn is not a blue blood." For what it's worth, SDSU is his #16.
"The biggest threat to Uconn before Phoenix, is Illinois because of its isolation scoring ability"
This is possible as the weak points would be AK and CS but DH has made an adjustment with subbing Diarra for Cam solving the issue there and Stewart is now a viable option for AK for extended minutes if foul trouble arises. We got much better verses iso but even if we arent we still score a lot of points and trying to simply outscore us is a bad idea. I think if the refs let them play Shannon is going to have trouble with Castle who has now crossed over into elite defender territory. Even if he scores 20 points it still helps us out. The key is to make sure if we do face off that we dont let Shannon go for 30+ which he`ll likely have to get to win if other things also fall their way.

Reaction Score
"The biggest threat to Uconn before Phoenix, is Illinois because of its isolation scoring ability"
This is possible as the weak points would be AK and CS but DH has made an adjustment with subbing Diarra for Cam solving the issue there and Stewart is now a viable option for AK for extended minutes if foul trouble arises. We got much better verses iso but even if we arent we still score a lot of points and trying to simply outscore us is a bad idea. I think if the refs let them play Shannon is going to have trouble with Castle who has now crossed over into elite defender territory. Even if he scores 20 points it still helps us out. The key is to make sure if we do face off that we dont let Shannon go for 30+ which he`ll likely have to get to win if other things also fall their way.
Prefacing this with a giants IF WE BOTH GET THERE!!!

Their lineup is huge. It would be a tough matchup defensively, but Clingan erases a ton of mistakes. On offense we would likely have our way, they are pretty dang poor defensively.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Can I Play That Idris Elba GIF by Saturday Night Live

Reaction Score

Pass the joint, you’re hogging it.

You can have the “Duke sword” laid down on you. Prep the lube for the tiny weenies.

Reaction Score

I’ve changed my mind. We clearly need the Judge to take charge and it’s time for a hanging.

Reaction Score
Not saying I like Duke at all, the hatred runs deep back to 1990/91, but in general Duke fans seem much more neutral if not complimentary of UConn now.

Reaction Score
Prefacing this with a giants IF WE BOTH GET THERE!!!

Their lineup is huge. It would be a tough matchup defensively, but Clingan erases a ton of mistakes. On offense we would likely have our way, they are pretty dang poor defensively.
Yes if we get there but im addressing Bilas` hypothetical matchup. Mojo unaffected lol! You have to be able to defend to beat us because even if you can score our defense is good enough to get enough stops to pull ahead or even pull away late because we can score a ton of points. We`ve got 5 guys that have scored 20 points multiple times in the starting 5 i dont think its smart for any team to think they can just go and outscore us. In 36 games this season our defense has given up over 70 points just 7 times. SEVEN! We`ve scored less than 70 5 times losing two of those games which injury was a big factor. Running close or at full health we`ve only been under 70 once.

CL82

Reaction Score
I’ve changed my mind. We clearly need the Judge to take charge and it’s time for a hanging.
Can't do a hanging in the postseason. It takes place between the Big East tournament and the NCAAs. Deepster is doing his best to screw this up for us because that well is dry for him. Fortunately, the mojo seems to ignore him as much as the rest of the board does.

CL82

Reaction Score
Not saying I like Duke at all, the hatred runs deep back to 1990/91, but in general Duke fans seem much more neutral if not complimentary of UConn now.
Oh they're very well aware of how many more titles they would have if it wasn't for us.

Reaction Score

Bury the Fighting John Sheyers

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom