Biggest Boston choke job? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Biggest Boston choke job?

Reaction Score
Manning beat Belichick's defense; Coughlin's defense beat Brady.
Eli was more clutch then Brady, under duress he delivered. Remember when Brady tried an Eli to Tyree type of play in super bowl 46, what happens he gets picked off by Chase Blackburn who was covering Gronk.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately that game was over at 0-0 last night. Rangers were soooooo flat. Oh well. No shame losing a game 7 to a higher seed on the road.

Thought we could pull it off anyway.
This guy didn't take the loss well...

Reaction Score
Eli was more clutch then Brady, under duress he delivered. Remember when Brady tried an Eli to Tyree type of play in super bowl 46, what happens he gets picked off by Chase Blackburn who was covering Gronk.
I’ll also add the Brady safety at the beginning of Super Bowl 46, under duress Eli was more clutch vs Brady. Eli delivered at the beginning and the end of those super bowls that’s why he won mvp.

Reaction Score
Fun fact, no team that holds the record for best record in a regular season among the big 4 sports has won the championship.

Mariners, Patriots, Warriors, and now Bruins all lost in the playoffs.
So don’t win too much in the regular season. Hurley planned it right lol.

There really is a tremdous amount of pressure when your chasing history. The 98 Yankees could’ve won over 116 games, they took their foot off the gas, I think the Yankee meant more to Torre then the all time record.

Btw the Cubs are tied with the Mariners with 116 wins they got swept in the World Series by the Yankees.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
A playoff game? LOL don't play down the fact you hardly lost 4 games ALL YEAR and somehow after winning your last 15 of 16 and being the best team ever in the regualr season you lost 3 in a row to a team you beat by 43 points during the year. Dreadful considering. Again the Sox won the World Series after beating the Yanks let's see how the Panthers do then come talk to me LOL hilarious.
It was indeed pretty terrible. Ultimately, they got stellar goaltending all year and Ullmark simply wilted in the playoffs. He was a sieve. He never made the playoffs with Buffalo and isn't a guy like Tim Thomas or Rask that rises to the occasion. Swayman is probably the better choice.

Credit to Bobrovski, he did come up big for Florida. So far, he did again vs Toronto.

Reaction Score
It was indeed pretty terrible. Ultimately, they got stellar goaltending all year and Ullmark simply wilted in the playoffs. He was a sieve. He never made the playoffs with Buffalo and isn't a guy like Tim Thomas or Rask that rises to the occasion. Swayman is probably the better choice.

Credit to Bobrovski, he did come up big for Florida. So far, he did again vs Toronto.

In fairness to Ullmark if a guy's never played more than 4 straight games all season and he's battling an injury that affects his technique it is completely asinine to play him six straight games for the first time all season in the playoffs.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
In fairness to Ullmark if a guy's never played more than 4 straight games all season and he's battling an injury that affects his technique it is completely asinine to play him six straight games for the first time all season in the playoffs.
Yes. Swayman needed to be in sooner. Especially since Ullmark wasn't exactly playing great, even in the wins. Coach feared criticism perhaps, I don't know. It was dumb.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I wish the worst for all Boston sports teams
We wouldn't have it any other way. I feel the same about every NY/NJ team. I would probably root for the Rangers over Montreal or the Flyers, but that's about it.

It's part of what made UConn fun. So much universal love for the Huskies, and yet such a severe split on pro sports.

Reaction Score
So don’t win too much in the regular season. Hurley planned it right lol.

There really is a tremdous amount of pressure when your chasing history. The 98 Yankees could’ve won over 116 games, they took their foot off the gas, I think the Yankee meant more to Torre then the all time record.

Btw the Cubs are tied with the Mariners with 116 wins they got swept in the World Series by the Yankees.
The Yankee wins record meant more to Torre then eclipsing the 116 win mark.

Reaction Score
We wouldn't have it any other way. I feel the same about every NY/NJ team. I would probably root for the Rangers over Montreal or the Flyers, but that's about it.

It's part of what made UConn fun. So much universal love for the Huskies, and yet such a severe split on pro sports.
Funny I don't mind the Bruins at all. I would root for them versus most everyone else if the Rangers aren't alive, which they aren't. Now the Sox and Pats, never! LOL

UConn has made this year much easier, I could care less the Rangers crapped themselves and the Yankees suck. All gravy after the Huskies success, my absolute favorite fandom.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Funny I don't mind the Bruins at all. I would root for them versus most everyone else if the Rangers aren't alive, which they aren't. Now the Sox and Pats, never! LOL

UConn has made this year much easier, I could care less the Rangers crapped themselves and the Yankees suck. All gravy after the Huskies success, my absolute favorite fandom.
Similar. My first introduction to hockey came from a “babysitter“ (son of parents’ friends) that was a Rangers fan. So they always had an exemption from my NY team dislikes. They have great uniforms too. Plus you have to respect all the Original 6 teams.

Reaction Score
I’ll also add the Brady safety at the beginning of Super Bowl 46, under duress Eli was more clutch vs Brady. Eli delivered at the beginning and the end of those super bowls that’s why he won mvp.
This is just stupid. Beyond stupid.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
The biggest choke ever by management was the Red Sox trading Babe Ruth to the Yankees.

Reaction Score
This is just stupid. Beyond stupid.
Higher qb rating then Brady in both Super Bowls. Brady is the GOAT but Eli outplayed him in both super bowls the stats prove it and so does the video.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom