Big XII Expansion 2024+ | The Boneyard

Big XII Expansion 2024+

Reaction Score
If the B12 invite us, I'd take it I mean UWV, Cincinnati and we get to revive the CONFLict with UCF.:)

That said, I'd love the B12 to invite Temple and USF to it. USF is growing and Temple would be a nice fit with us.

Is it my dream to join the B12? My first choice is the B1G and then the ACC, but I'd not turn it down...

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what The Big 12's End Game is, but if Uconn can find a way into the league they should do so and never look back. Even at half share the money could dwarf what is being made in The Big East.

Gonzaga makes zero sense to me for a number of reasons, unless they can also pull UW. How big is too big? Do you take all of OU, UW, CU, UA, ASU, and UU? What if Cal is interested? Do you let OSU or WSU plead their case? What about a school like SDSU? Do you kick the tires on a USF to plant a flag in Florida and give UCF some company? Lots to mull over for The Big 12.

Reaction Score
If the B12 invite us, I'd take it I mean UWV, Cincinnati and we get to revive the CONFLict with UCF.:)

That said, I'd love the B12 to invite Temple and USF to it. USF is growing and Temple would be a nice fit with us.

Is it my dream to join the B12? My first choice is the B1G and then the ACC, but I'd not turn it down...
Why would the Big 12 water itself down with USF and Temple? USF had an opportunity to invest in itself and still hasn't. No one cares about Temple.

Reaction Score
Why would the Big 12 water itself down with USF and Temple? USF had an opportunity to invest in itself and still hasn't. No one cares about Temple.
USF is building an 'on campus' stadium. It isn't on campus but across the street (Fowler Ave) and it will be a 30K stadium. The renderings looks nice.

I included Temple as a nice local game and USF/UCF would be their season ender...Ours could be Temple with a UC/WVU as a rivalry game for them...

Reaction Score

They're already replaced it!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They're already replaced it!

F0F25451-804E-4905-8BBB-1BEEF599B163.jpeg

“I told you those bastards kept the trophy!”

Reaction Score
Greatness trophy ever made. It will live on in some form forever

Reaction Score
I think Colorado has the biggest incentive to crawl back to the Big 12. It's closer to many more Big 12 schools than it is to Pac 12 and if you're not even traveling to LA, what's the point. I don't think anyone wants to sign a GOR though.

Reaction Score
I think Colorado has the biggest incentive to crawl back to the Big 12. It's closer to many more Big 12 schools than it is to Pac 12 and if you're not even traveling to LA, what's the point. I don't think anyone wants to sign a GOR though.

I agree, the Pac-12 isn't going to get a GORs. The Big 12 schools do have a new grant of rights so they would have to sign one there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just an FYI, UConn’s big east exit fee is $30 million through 2026, and $15 million through 2028, I think. Thereafter it drops to $10 million.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Why do people come up with these inane scenarios?

Who the hell cares about Temple or USF? We left the American screaming and you want to recreate it?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Really, the television contract will dictate whether they have to or not.

Reaction Score

With WVA , Cinn, UCF , that’s a pretty significant eastern wing
Plus Dallas is an easy flight

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
With WVA , Cinn, UCF , that’s a pretty significant eastern wing
Plus Dallas is an easy flight

Sure. Considering an eastern wing goes from Maine to Miami.

Morgantown is over 500 miles away
Cincy is 700+ miles
UCF, is well, central Florida

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Why do people come up with these inane scenarios?

Who the hell cares about Temple or USF? We left the American screaming and you want to recreate it?
I don't think Temple and USF were necessarily the issues with the American

Reaction Score
Temple is very similar UConn in terms of size and type.

"ROBUR" (Latin) - Oak, Strength

I check out the wikipedia pages for universities and I don't believe I ever saw a Motto on UConn's page until today. Is this new? Not exactly the flashiest motto but it's something.

Reaction Score
Sure. Considering an eastern wing goes from Maine to Miami.

Morgantown is over 500 miles away
Cincy is 700+ miles
UCF, is well, central Florida
Your delusion is the existence of true regional conferences
Nebraska , Wisconsin ,Illinois , and Indiana aren’t exactly in the East and further Big East expansion only increase the westward March. That’s just a fact of life.
In basketball who in the Big East would you prefer to play over Kansas ,
and playing Cincinnati, West Va, Houston , Iowa State , Baylor is not too shabby.
Plus the Big 12 will be making $50,0000,000 range .
You can park other sports in more regional conferences
West Va did , I believe .
They really only want football and basketball .
if offered we will take it in a heartbeat
Heck we would take a PAC 12 invite .

Reaction Score
Big 12 Commissioner Brett Yormark interview. He says that basketball is undervalued.

On the value of college basketball in media rights and expansion:

“I do feel basketball is undervalued in this industry… I just think it’s undervalued. It’s been bundled with football. I think at some point in time that value proposition needs to change. And obviously, I speak to that from a position of strength because we are the No. 1 conference in America when you think about college basketball. I think at the right time we’re going to be able to monetize that.”

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Fresno would be an interesting addition along with Boise

Reaction Score
Fresno would be an interesting addition along with Boise

Canzano is talking out of his @ss, the Big 12 isn't looking at Fresno (or Boise), their pro rata won't allow it. I doubt that the Pac-12 is seriously considering them either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom