Big Ten needs Uconn | The Boneyard

Big Ten needs Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watching Dayton beat The Ohio state, not calling this an upset, all year this conference has been so so, just hype, if Uconn by chance was in the Big 10, every year this conference would a team that plays for National Championships, go luck taking their chances with Rutgers and Maryland.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
All of us in the B1G would gladly welcome UConn. We're a strong conference every year but can never quite reach the pinnacle it seems like.

Is it too early to kick Rutgers out?

What? they may make the NIT sometime in the century.

Reaction Score
And UConn would give the league an annual title contender on the women's side.

Reaction Score
I don't think you folks realize that basketball no longer matters in today's big time college sports.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don't think you folks realize that basketball no longer matters in today's big time college sports.

It doesn't matter as much as the football $ OR it just doesn't matter?
If you think the second - you are way off base

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
All of us in the B1G would gladly welcome UConn. We're a strong conference every year but can never quite reach the pinnacle it seems like.

Is it too early to kick Rutgers out?

Believe me, we need you too.

Reaction Score
If you think football is the only thing driving the bus for B1G expansion, you aren't paying attention.

Football certainly helps, but there are plenty of other factors in play. However, UConn needs to strengthen itself in some areas (namely getting into the AAU) before the B1G becomes even remotely realistic.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter as much as the football $ OR it just doesn't matter?
If you think the second - you are way off base

"Football drives the bus" Hoops is an afterthought. Hasn't all this conference shuffle taught you anything yet?

Reaction Score

Football is the most important sport financially, no doubt. But the conferences are starting to realize where even more money starts flowing in; conference networks.

What do television networks need? Programming. What programming is there outside of football season? Basketball, hockey, soccer, women's basketball, etc.

Anyone who thinks UConn doesn't offer anything to a conference in this regard just hasn't been paying attention. We offer elite basketball (both men's and women's), and have very solid hockey and soccer programs (just had the #1 overall pick in the MLS draft). We're able to provide quality content, and Diaco has reenergized the football fan base.

If (when) we get into the AAU, we'll be in the B1G soon after.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Football is the most important sport financially, no doubt. But the conferences are starting to realize where even more money starts flowing in; conference networks.

What do television networks need? Programming. What programming is there outside of football season? Basketball, hockey, soccer, women's basketball, etc.

Anyone who thinks UConn doesn't offer anything to a conference in this regard just hasn't been paying attention. We offer elite basketball (both men's and women's), and have very solid hockey and soccer programs (just had the #1 overall pick in the MLS draft). We're able to provide quality content, and Diaco has reenergized the football fan base.

If (when) we get into the AAU, we'll be in the B1G soon after.

Yup. Don't forget about baseball too. Some very serious talent in the minors just about ready for the majors. Football will be competitive again and once it is, UCONN is the complete sports package.

Reaction Score
Yup. Don't forget about baseball too. Some very serious talent in the minors just about ready for the majors. Football will be competitive again and once it is, UCONN is the complete sports package.
We're the antidote for Rutgers. Rutgers fans are completely delusional, too. At least many of us are somewhat within our senses.

Reaction Score
Bump. UConn is a PERFECT fit. We obviously need to keep building up the campus.

Reaction Score
No wonder there is a billion dollar bracket challenge.

Indeed, and I'll give you a billion dollars to jump to the moon. Since I promised a billion, it's clearly worth a lot, no?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Indeed, and I'll give you a billion dollars to jump to the moon. Since I promised a billion, it's clearly worth a lot, no?

CBS paid $10.8B to air the NCAA tournament for 14 years - or some $740M per year (link). That is in addition to the countless hundreds of millions paid every year to various conferences to air basketball during the regular season.

A mere pittance, I suppose.

Reaction Score
WestHartHusk said:
CBS paid $10.8B to air the NCAA tournament for 14 years - or some $740M per year (link). That is in addition to the countless hundreds of millions paid every year to various conferences to air basketball during the regular season.

A mere pittance, I suppose.

Problem is the NCAA controls that money not the conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom