Big Ten Conference Season Tip -off. Who's #1? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Big Ten Conference Season Tip -off. Who's #1?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Wow - in 25 mins off the bench, Owusu was the leading scorer for PSU.
1705267793250.png

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Looks like Illinois got tired of losing. Crushing Northwestern 89-49.

Minnesota jumped out to a big lead on Nebraska. Huskers came roaring back, but Gophers held on 62-58.

Reaction Score
Iowa put their foot down as the top team in the Big Ten. Holy smokes!

Reaction Score
I think Ohio State is the best team in the Big 10. We will see.

They've been inconsistent so far. Their loss to Michigan was surprising.

Right now it's Iowa, Indiana, Ohio State for the upper echelon of the conference. From there it's take your pick with Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State, Minnesota, Maryland and Nebraska for the middle of the pack. Northwestern, Illinois, Rutgers and Wisconsin are currently towards to bottom of the conference.

FYI - I'm going based off of memory and gut feelings of what I've watched with this conference, not the actual standings. Feel like I'm missing a team too.

Reaction Score
They've been inconsistent so far. Their loss to Michigan was surprising.

Right now it's Iowa, Indiana, Ohio State for the upper echelon of the conference. From there it's take your pick with Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State, Minnesota, Maryland and Nebraska for the middle of the pack. Northwestern, Illinois, Rutgers and Wisconsin are currently towards to bottom of the conference.

FYI - I'm going based off of memory and gut feelings of what I've watched with this conference, not the actual standings. Feel like I'm missing a team too.
Purdue

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Anybody but Iowa, right, Triad?;)

giphy.gif

Dag.... some of yall know me better than I know myself

I will say that if we would have done a BY Top 25... I would have had Ohio State in the top 4 with SCar, UCONN, and LSU.

Reaction Score
giphy.gif

I will say that if we would have done a BY Top 25... I would have had Ohio State in the top 4 with SCar, UCONN, and LSU.

Interesting. I wouldn't have them there at all. Colorado would be in their place from what I've seen of them.

Reaction Score
giphy.gif

All good, my friend... we'll agree to disagree, which is why the BY is such fun.

Reaction Score
Bummer about freshman Riley Nelson's injury. She'll be missed in today's big game against Ohio State on Peacock.
Agreed. This still will be an interesting game to watch. Ohio State squeaked out a win against Michigan State on Sunday. They still seem vulnerable to me from what I've watched of them this season. I can see this game going either way personally.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Bummer about freshman Riley Nelson's injury. She'll be missed in today's big game against Ohio State on Peacock.
I thought this game was Thursday and so seeing "today" really had me confused about what day of work it was. But Thank you for the heads up. Very bummed about Nelson, she was just finally starting to get her groove.

I do want to shout out Bri McDaniel though. Her growth in leadership and maturity on the court has been amazing compared to last season. She doesn't seem to get as frustrated by mistakes and I've seen her helping guide the younger kids on the court. I'm excited for her future with Maryland.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Agreed. This still will be an interesting game to watch. Ohio State squeaked out a win against Michigan State on Sunday. They still seem vulnerable to me from what I've watched of them this season. I can see this game going either way personally.
:oops: To be fair, Iowa squeaked out a closer win over Michigan State.

Ohio State has been a mystery and I do think the game tonight will be a toss up, but Michigan State is pretty solid this season, well coached and two seniors [Ayrault and Joyner] who have stepped up to the challenge. I'm sure you're familiar, but all of MSU's Big Ten losses have been by one or two possessions. I do hope Mackenly Randolph heads over to East Lansing next season to pair with Hagemann, and fingers crossed, a healthy Elliot.

Reaction Score
Is Iowa going to run the table in the Big Ten regular season?

Who’s most likely to stop theme?

When was the last time a team went undefeated in the conference? Maryland?

Reaction Score
:oops: To be fair, Iowa squeaked out a closer win over Michigan State.

Ohio State has been a mystery and I do think the game tonight will be a toss up, but Michigan State is pretty solid this season, well coached and two seniors [Ayrault and Joyner] who have stepped up to the challenge. I'm sure you're familiar, but all of MSU's Big Ten losses have been by one or two possessions. I do hope Mackenly Randolph heads over to East Lansing next season to pair with Hagemann, and fingers crossed, a healthy Elliot.
True, but there have been some who see Ohio State as the team from last season. They're very perplexing.

With respect to MSU, I agree that they're a much improved team overall. I would challenge the Ayrault and Joiner stepping up point however. Both have had their challenges with injuries and Joiner was a key cog of the team last season. What I don't understand was how Ayrault's playing time diminished to what it was last season even though she returned from missing the previous season. She was very productive as a sophomore and continues to be. Especially as a 5 which isn't her natural position.

If Randolph commits to Sparty, that would be very cool. While it would be great for her to play with Hagemann and Elliott, I could see her working an interesting big tandem with Alexander. Mary Meng, their freshman centre is still a project and could be ways away from contributing in my opinion.

Reaction Score
To the Iowa fans who participate on the board, what's the situation with Stuelke? Noticed she was listed as questionable and didn't play last night.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
True, but there have been some who see Ohio State as the team from last season. They're very perplexing.

With respect to MSU, I agree that they're a much improved team overall. I would challenge the Ayrault and Joiner stepping up point however. Both have had their challenges with injuries and Joiner was a key cog of the team last season. What I don't understand was how Ayrault's playing time diminished to what it was last season even though she returned from missing the previous season. She was very productive as a sophomore and continues to be. Especially as a 5 which isn't her natural position.

If Randolph commits to Sparty, that would be very cool. While it would be great for her to play with Hagemann and Elliott, I could see her working an interesting big tandem with Alexander. Mary Meng, their freshman centre is still a project and could be ways away from contributing in my opinion.

Sorry, I didn’t mean “stepping up” as a knock to their previous efforts but I wasn’t super familiar with their games previously and in their senior season getting a new coach, that can be a challenge. They seem to have embraced their roles. I did check both players stats from last season prior to my post and saw a big jump for Ayrault and a solid improvement from Joiner. Last season had a lot going on for that team, so I may have missed buzz about Joiner. Thanks for info. Glad they are healthy and hope the same for Alexander, Elliott, and…the third player I saw in a boot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom