Big Sunday of basketball on TV | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big Sunday of basketball on TV

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Baylor squeaks out a 49 point win. This team is GOOD!

At this point I'll be shocked if anyone in the Big 12 can stay within single digits in a game with Baylor.

Texas was expected to be Baylor's toughest opponent in conference. But Texas won by only 12 at Kansas, and didn't lead by double digits until the 3rd quarter. Baylor led Kansas by double digits early in the first quarter and ended up winning by 50. A similar comparison can be made to how Baylor and Texas played at Morgantown.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
At this point I'll be shocked if anyone in the Big 12 can stay within single digits in a game with Baylor.

Texas was expected to be Baylor's toughest opponent in conference. But Texas won by only 12 at Kansas, and didn't lead by double digits until the 3rd quarter. Baylor led Kansas by double digits early in the first quarter and ended up winning by 50. A similar comparison can be made to how Baylor and Texas played at Morgantown.

This is the best Baylor team in the history of the program. They would beat the 40-0 team.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Duke-NC State is a one-point game with a minute to play.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It's always risky to compare teams based on MOV vs common opponents. The best measure is always head-to-head competition.

I can't remember. Has Baylor & UConn played recently? :rolleyes:

I was just commenting on the Big 12 opponents since a despairing remark was made on the quality of the Big 12 teams. Did I compare MOV anywhere in my post or are you the one who brought that up?

Defenseive any?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I was just commenting on the Big 12 opponents since a despairing remark was made on the quality of the Big 12 teams. Did I compare MOV anywhere in my post or are you the one who brought that up?

Defenseive any?
Chill ett. U were commenting on a post by UcMiami that indicated Baylor was far superior to the rest of the competition in the Big 12, which IMO is absolutely correct. In fact, I view the Bears as the biggest threat to the Huskies this season.

I'm certainly not sensitive, just having some fun.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Chill ett. U were commenting on a post by UcMiami that indicated Baylor was far superior to the rest of the competition in the Big 12, which IMO is absolutely correct. In fact, I view the Bears as the biggest threat to the Huskies this season.

I'm certainly not sensitive, just having some fun.

You're having fun? I'm having a BLAST! I consider UCONN as the biggest threat to Baylor's march toward a title in Dallas.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
You're having fun? I'm having a BLAST! I consider UCONN as the biggest threat to Baylor's march toward a title in Dallas.
The Huskies were checking out American Airlines Arena today while watching the Mavs beat the Timberwolves. Hopefully they'll be back in early April.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Duke goes down to N C state. Love whene duke goes down.

Duke is playing much better ball this year, and to their credit they came back from a double-digit deficit to make this one a nail-biter in the end, something that neither ND nor FSU were able to do.

And it's a great win for NC State, of course. With wins over Notre Dame, FSU, and now Duke, they seem a virtual lock for the NCAA tournament. (And their success is great news for Tulane, whose win over NC State continues to appreciate in value.)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
UConn has beaten three Big XII teams this season, all by double digits. Still a strong conference, but it only makes me feel better about how the Husky team has developed over the remainder of the season.

Ohio State beat Purdue. Florida State crushed Clemson. DePaul beat Xavier. Future opponent South Carolina beat previous opponent LSU. Baylor overwhelmed Kansas; no.great shakes considering KU is awful this season.

Overall, not a bad day for UConn and its SOS.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Arizona State leads Washington 25-24 at the half, holding the left-coast Huskies to roughly half their scoring average of 88 points per game. It's a classic battle of offense vs. defense, and ASU is certainly winning the style battle, keeping the game scrappy and low-scoring.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom