BIG SCORES | The Boneyard

BIG SCORES

Reaction Score
I love UCONN BB, but we get so excited about blowing out teams that don't have a chance to beat us. Stats are huge and everyone is falling all over themselves when we crush a team like we did today against Wichita. It's great to celebrate and feel good but let's not forget who the competition is in these games.r

Reaction Score
I think the real euphoria comes from how well the team played, how well the offense flowed, how cohesive the defense was..
Especially after the helter skelter game vs UCF. Lets not forget, WS beat USF just a few weeks ago.

Huskie fans love any win, but really love pretty wins!!

Reaction Score
This is a tough one...on the one hand, you don't want to embarrass the other team or make the game look bad. On the other, I'm guessing there were things the team wanted to work on in preparation for Tuesday night. I also think they needed to shake off any hangover from the last game. Given those things, it is tough to be upset about the score.

Reaction Score
We're forced to play Wichita State. No one forces Coach Mulkey to schedule the garbage teams she does year in year out just because she is scared to leave the state of Texas. The starters in today's game played a little more than half the minutes. Do people really expect the starters to sit out after the first quarter in these types of games? Only people jealous of UConn's success complain about this stuff.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
These kind of scores embarrass women’s basketball, quite frankly. The. UCONN Big 6 took 80% of the shots in this game. They should have taken less than 50% IMO. A starter shouldn’t have seen the floor after the 67-23 half time lead.
I think with the game coming up on Monday, Geno wanted his starters to play longer to get them ready for that game. If they had struggled, the whining would have dominated this board.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
So in the game Baylor played against Lamar, an out of conference opponent BTW, the starters took 79% of the shots in a game you won 121 to 62, only 5 players not 6 players and Brown played 32 mins, Chou 27 mins and Wallace 28 mins, hmm I smell some hypocrisy.

Reaction Score
These kind of scores embarrass women’s basketball, quite frankly. The. UCONN Big 6 took 80% of the shots in this game. They should have taken less than 50% IMO. A starter shouldn’t have seen the floor after the 67-23 half time lead.
To say the starters played too many minutes isn't born out by the game stats. Gabby played 21', Crystal 19', Kia 21', and Lou 25'. That's hardly leaving the starters in to inflate the score. This was just one of those games where UCONN had all the energy and the shots were dropping.

Reaction Score
This blowout was enjoyable because of the previous game. There is nothing like the adrenaline rush that comes when your team makes a big play in a close game. Not many "rushes" this year.

Reaction Score
I think the real euphoria comes from how well the team played, how well the offense flowed, how cohesive the defense was..
Especially after the helter skelter game vs UCF. Lets not forget, WS beat USF just a few weeks ago.

Huskie fans love any win, but really love pretty wins!!

wow.........what an indictment of USF basketball that is.............

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Tonight , TCU VS. Baylor, 75-42 BU leading in the 4th quarter, 8 minutes left, BU starters still on the floor.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Tonight , TCU VS. Baylor, 75-42 BU leading in the 4th quarter, 8 minutes left, BU starters still on the floor.
Oops, 4 starters have subs in now, 7 minutes left . Wait...under 6 minutes, starters back in. UFB.

Reaction Score
Like I said, not playing any of the starters in the second half and running plays for the bench players would have been a nice start.
The starters got very few minutes in the second half. I really don't get the consternation. Geno for three decades has had the starters of the first half start the second half. Even the WSU coach said that UConn took the pedal off the gas early on. The only person that seems to have a problem here is you. Why is that?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I'm not sure why this drama continually comes up. There seems to be some type of made up code of conduct by fans.

The coaches responsibility is to best prepare the team for it's competitions. If that means play certain lineups and run certain plays so be it.

Fans seem to make up some type of code of conduct that a coach that is behind is supposed to do this and a coach that is ahead is supposed to do that. It's all in the fan's mind.

No one should get all upset with Mulkey if she thinks it's best for her team to play certain players for whatever reason (preparation for future competitions, resting certain players, rewarding other players) If Geno wants to play a certain group for whatever his reasons are that's his job.

Subbing in bench players to manage a score is not a requirement or an obligation. It doesn't in some magical way improve or better WCBB to have the ends of the bench playing each other. All of these perceived coaching sins are completely made up fan based fantasies.

It's the coaches call to do what they feel is best for their team.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The starters got very few minutes in the second half. I really don't get the consternation. Geno for three decades has had the starters of the first half start the second half. Even the WSU coach said that UConn took the pedal off the gas early on. The only person that seems to have a problem here is you. Why is that?
upload_2018-2-11_5-47-39.jpeg

Reaction Score
wow....what an indictment of USF basketball that is...
If that's how you want to read my comment...so be it. I was responding to the original post about why we were so excited about this win... and using an example that WS beat USF recently to show that WS has something...they beat the #2 team in conference, AND one that has been in Top 25 most of the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom