Big Problems For Ohio St. | The Boneyard

Big Problems For Ohio St.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow a $5000 fine. It’s hard to imagine how the school ever recover from that.

Reaction Score
They got rid of the cheating assistant pretty quickly a few years ago, but yeah not a good look.

Reaction Score
Is it a big problem? Most of the punishment has already occurred, for instance Ohio State self imposted a post season ban a couple years ago. The only new thing is that assistant coach can't be hired for 10 years unless there is some special situation that occurs. Everything else seems like it wa already reported on a few years ago

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Is it a big problem? Most of the punishment has already occurred, for instance Ohio State self imposted a post season ban a couple years ago. The only new thing is that assistant coach can't be hired for 10 years unless there is some special situation that occurs. Everything else seems like it wa already reported on a few years ago
Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't it news that their conference regular season and tournament championships from during the Kelsey Mitchell years (2017 and 2018) are being vacated? I don't remember hearing that before, and I have a B1G tournament program from this year that still lists OSU as champion for those seasons.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't it news that their conference regular season and tournament championships from during the Kelsey Mitchell years (2017 and 2018) are being vacated? I don't remember hearing that before, and I have a B1G tournament program from this year that still lists OSU as champion for those seasons.

That is new but I just considered that to be stuff in the past. They no longer have scholarship restrictions, recruiting restrictions, NCAA tournament ban, all the big stuff that would affect their program today seems to be the same as before. Maybe the championships hurt the kids who won them but its not like the players on their current roster were part of those teams. Its still a team that won the Big ten this year, advanced to sweet 16, and return their core group of contributors so I'm not seeing this negatively impacting them since they seemed to fire the coach in question a long time ago

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
That is new but I just considered that to be stuff in the past. They no longer have scholarship restrictions, recruiting restrictions, NCAA tournament ban, all the big stuff that would affect their program today seems to be the same as before. Maybe the championships hurt the kids who won them but its not like the players on their current roster were part of those teams. Its still a team that won the Big ten this year, advanced to sweet 16, and return their core group of contributors so I'm not seeing this negatively impacting them since they seemed to fire the coach in question a long time ago
Point taken!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom