Big Little Lies | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big Little Lies

Reaction Score
I am. It is a little soapy and it has gone from a dark comedy to just dark. I am also not sure how they tie it all together.

Kidman and Woodley should expect Emmy nominations out of this, and I think Alexander Skarsgard has been incredible.

How the heck are they going to tie this together in a meaningful way in just one hour? When the last episode ended, my wife was upset that just one more episode and then she'd have to wait ten months for it to continue. It never occurred to her that it was close to being over.

If the Skarsgard character isn't the one who ends up dead, can we take a collection to pay someone to kill him?

Reaction Score
How the heck are they going to tie this together in a meaningful way in just one hour? When the last episode ended, my wife was upset that just one more episode and then she'd have to wait ten months for it to continue. It never occurred to her that it was close to being over.

If the Skarsgard character isn't the one who ends up dead, can we take a collection to pay someone to kill him?

Yeah I don't understand how they can tie it together. It has been paced pretty poorly the last couple episodes. I could maybe see it if they were doing a 1.5-2 hr finale. Either a lot of things will go unanswered or it will be rushed

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

The scenes with Skarsgard and Kidman must have been tough to film. They are tough to watch.

Reaction Score
The scenes with Skarsgard and Kidman must have been tough to film. They are tough to watch.

At times, you actually need good actors, and not just actors. Their characters require good actors. I had never viewed Skarsgard that way.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The finale was underwhelming, made more so by the fact that I couldn't get past the idea that Zoo inserted a spoiler into this thread.

This show would have been better as an ongoing series than as a one season miniseries. It was much more about the characters and the inter-character dynamics than it was about the whodunit. I honestly didn't care who was killed. I thought the day to day of the characters was much more compelling.

Reaction Score
The finale was underwhelming, made more so by the fact that I couldn't get past the idea that Zoo inserted a spoiler into this thread.

This show would have been better as an ongoing series than as a one season miniseries. It was much more about the characters and the inter-character dynamics than it was about the whodunit. I honestly didn't care who was killed. I thought the day to day of the characters was much more compelling.

Apparently they might explore doing a season two. I think if they had made this 10 episodes it would have been paced much better.

Reaction Score
Oh come on Waylon, wasn't it completely freaking obvious? I'm just so glad the Moms could play on the beach afterwards and soothe their trauma. Good grief.

The worst part of this show was the confused reviewers who didn't understand that Perry's behavior was actually abuse and not unwanted exual advances. That and I will always associate Audi Q7s with a rapist abuser.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Wife said it was faithful to the book and that the ending had a lot more build up to the point where it wasn't a surprise. The series is a one-off based on the book though seeing as it is a show about nothing there is the potential to spin another season based on the characters provided they write one and the cast signs on. (good luck with that).

The most infuriating part was the lack of outrage over the rich kid being the bully. I doubt the little girl was wild about the trip to the beach.

Reaction Score
I didn't mind the ending, but at least the right guy died.

Only one of the houses they used to film were actually in Monterrey. One was in Malibu (I think the white one). There was an article about it somewhere. Overall I thought it was a lot more "real" than most shows like this. Glad it didn't drag out forever - was about the right number of episodes.

Reaction Score

Nice Call.

Reaction Score
I really loved the show and I would love additional seasons but I know its a 1 season only thing. Too bad.

Reaction Score
I find this to be an excellent show and am at the edge of my seat as to who got killed and who was the killer.

Two things that I am certain of:

1. They will make it seem that the killer will be justified in their actions

&

2. A male will the victim of the killing.

I agree that Shailene Woodley is an excellent actress on the verge of future stardom.

Watching this series now, about mid-way through season. I hadn't made the connection that the Woodley character was played the same actress that was the lead in the Divergent series. I thought the entire Divergent thing was a complete waste of time and a rip-off of Hunger Games, so now I am definitely hating on the Woodley character in Little Lies.

Reaction Score
Watching this series now, about mid-way through season. I hadn't made the connection that the Woodley character was played the same actress that was the lead in the Divergent series. I thought the entire Divergent thing was a complete waste of time and a rip-off of Hunger Games, so now I am definitely hating on the Woodley character in Little Lies.
if it makes you feel any better, Woodley basically cancelled the franchise on her own by saying she wouldn't do it anymore. she's a pretty talented actress, but yes, those divergent movies are awful.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
So my wife made me watch this. I read the ending before hand because I didn’t really care. Knowing who Jane’s attacker is/who the bully is it is INCREDIBLY obvious. The killer is a bit random. Nicole Kidman is still SMOKING hot

Reaction Score
Watched the first episode of Season 2 - same general characters and feel with major addition of Meryl Streep as acid tongued mother of guy who was killed. Thought the first episode was more of the same, but have to admit that the final scene was pretty impressive.

edit: if they tease this out the way I think they will (walls closing in type of thing), it could be an interesting few episodes.

Last edited:

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Watched the first episode of Season 2 - same general characters and feel with major addition of Meryl Streep as acid tongued mother-in-law of guy who was killed. Thought the first episode was more of the same, but have to admit that the final scene was pretty impressive.

edit: if they tease this out the way I think they will (walls closing in type of thing), it could be an interesting few episodes.

I hope they don’t try to do too much though...

Reaction Score
This show sucks. I only watch because Kidman is absolutely gorgeous.

Other than that, it’s just really irritating and almost makes me believe that that White privelege might actually be a thing.

Oh and if Shailene Woodley really worked that job in that town she’d be living out of her car in that city.

Reaction Score
Down goes Gordon.

I hate this show. Why can’t I stop watching?

I think they will find some dirt on her devices and the murder investigation will gain some traction.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Shows like this, where they base season 1 on a single mysterious event and gradually give hints and clues until the mystery is solved in the finale tend to really struggle in the second season as they try to expand on the event and also create new plot lines.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I have never been to a shrink, but are they normally this scalitoed up? The shrink may be the most evil person in the entire show.

I can't remember Gordon at all from season 1, but that is probably because I wouldn't pay attention to Laura Dern's scenes. I will pay attention to him now. I kind of like him.

Madeline has been a see you next Tuesday from the first episode, and it is hard to feel anything for her at all. Her husband should have kicked her to the curb a long time ago. It is a little surprising that the other women went along with her dodgy story about the push because they should have known it would not hold together.

I wonder if Mary Luise (Meryl Streep) is going down a concrete staircase by the end of this season. I would be OK with that outcome.

Reaction Score
I have never been to a shrink, but are they normally this scalitoed up? The shrink may be the most evil person in the entire show.

I can't remember Gordon at all from season 1, but that is probably because I wouldn't pay attention to Laura Dern's scenes. I will pay attention to him now. I kind of like him.

Madeline has been a see you next Tuesday from the first episode, and it is hard to feel anything for her at all. Her husband should have kicked her to the curb a long time ago. It is a little surprising that the other women went along with her dodgy story about the push because they should have known it would not hold together.

I wonder if Mary Luise (Meryl Streep) is going down a concrete staircase by the end of this season. I would be OK with that outcome.

So far Gordon has had two scenes this where he is basically playing in his man cave with alcohol and a massive train set. He’s a formerly powerful guy who is getting knocked down to size. He’s just interesting at the moment. He had a great scene in Season 1 where Renata visits him in his office and the have relations so loud that basically the whole building can hear them. You don’t see anything thank god but it was pretty funny.

But it’s weird because he’s basically a white collar criminal who is more likeable than his wife who could be considered an accessory to a murder.

Madeline is not good. But she doesn’t really have chemistry with her husband and doesn’t respect him. So it’s no surprise that she cheated on him.

Reaction Score
Laura Dern and Meryl Streep are really a force in this season. The police detective is doing random pop-ups, so I'm guessing the investigation has shifted back into gear now. I'm not finding the Reese Witherspoon or Zoe Kravitz storylines to be that interesting. The Shailene Woodley story is ok, only because it's a semi-normal one. Her hairstyle is horrendous.

Reaction Score
Wait, Nicole Kidman's character is a lawyer? Did we know that beforehand?

Hearing that HBO will not be doing a third season of this, so will be interesting to see exactly how tightly the threads are wrapped up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom