Big East tournament tickets | The Boneyard

Big East tournament tickets

Reaction Score
Can I get some Yarders opinions on getting tickets to the BET? I’m not a UConn graduate nor am I a donor. Just a regular guy, big UConn fan. I was thinking maybe Thursday night as I figured may be the sweet spot to see a good game and I think UConn will be playing the night game Thurday, provided they get there. Maybe the prices might be a little lower for this round compared to semifinals/finals. Mind you I could go to a game another day UConn is playing. I probably won’t commit until I know UConn is playing in that day in that session But I’ll take a chance on them advancing to at least semis. I’ve read on here before I’m pretty sure many times that perhaps buying tickets day of event could be wise due to losing teams selling tickets. Could anyone re- educate me the best way to go about this? I’m 53 and coming with my wife which for various reasons of hers ( I could probably sit in the very back row), I’ll need decent to good tickets (say 200s or better).can I find seats like that at the last minute if that’s the best way? How much of a hassle is it to find the tickets? Are you standing outside MSG trying to scrounge up tickets the night before or day of? Can I just go to Ticketmaster etc and pop in my credit card and be all set? Or should I just buy them the day after the regular season since I have somewhat particular wants in the ticket seating quality? Maybe I should try for semis? I don’t know. I know you guys do though. Help a brother out please.

Reaction Score
Top 5 seeds get a bye til Thursday this year, so barring the unthinkable....pretty safe to assume UConn will be playing then. I do this same song and dance every year.

I've always waited til day-of to buy tickets and have never felt fleeced, even as UConn fans pack MSG. Thursday slate always a little cheaper than Friday or Saturday anyways. Maybe others have had better luck buying when they go on-sale to general public.

Personally, I'll probably wait for a little more bracket clarity. 1 and 4/5 seeds play the early slate, 2/3 play the night

Reaction Score
I would wait unless you find something at a reasonable price. Prices will be dependent on the match-up but last year really wasn’t all that difficult or expensive if you waited it out.

Pretty much everything is e-ticket so you can just buy from secondary market online the day of the game and have the ticket on your phone.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Thursday is the day to go. I've been going for years. Odds are very good that they'll be playing on that day. Last year we decided to try going on Friday, and the entire day Thursday I was sweating bullets (we played Providence at noon, and I taped the game, avoided the result, and watched it after the kids went to sleep). What's funny is the recording cut off after UConn hit a 3 to go up around 25, so after it cut out I was angry but just assumed we'd cruised. I was SHOCKED to see the final score.

Putting aside the game for a moment, Thursday is also great because there are 8 fanbases there and the bars are absolutely wild all day long. If UConn plays at night you'll be in the right state of mind for the game, that's for sure. If they start at 9, just hope the game doesn't go 6 overtimes and you miss the last train back to CT. We bar hopped and walked the streets for a few hours until the first train back in the morning.

Reaction Score
Top 5 seeds get a bye til Thursday this year, so barring the unthinkable....pretty safe to assume UConn will be playing then. I do this same song and dance every year.

I've always waited til day-of to buy tickets and have never felt fleeced, even as UConn fans pack MSG. Thursday slate always a little cheaper than Friday or Saturday anyways. Maybe others have had better luck buying when they go on-sale to general public.

Personally, I'll probably wait for a little more bracket clarity. 1 and 4/5 seeds play the early slate, 2/3 play the night
Thursday is an easier ticket than Friday for sure, not necessarily Saturday. Most people stay for the semis regardless, but split for the finals unless their team is in it. So you really only have two fan bases left and tix go for under face value.

Reaction Score
Thursday is an easier ticket than Friday for sure, not necessarily Saturday. Most people stay for the semis regardless, but split for the finals unless their team is in it. So you really only have two fan bases left and tix go for under face value.

you're right, two years ago i basically had to give my tickets away for the championship saturday once uconn lost friday. Another reason why i'm always hesitant to plan too far ahead

Reaction Score
Thursday is the day to go. I've been going for years. Odds are very good that they'll be playing on that day. Last year we decided to try going on Friday, and the entire day Thursday I was sweating bullets (we played Providence at noon, and I taped the game, avoided the result, and watched it after the kids went to sleep). What's funny is the recording cut off after UConn hit a 3 to go up around 25, so after it cut out I was angry but just assumed we'd cruised. I was SHOCKED to see the final score.

Putting aside the game for a moment, Thursday is also great because there are 8 fanbases there and the bars are absolutely wild all day long. If UConn plays at night you'll be in the right state of mind for the game, that's for sure. If they start at 9, just hope the game doesn't go 6 overtimes and you miss the last train back to CT. We bar hopped and walked the streets for a few hours until the first train back in the morning.
I was at that game too. That’s the best time I’ve ever had at MSG even though we lost. I was actually sitting next to some good Cuse fans that were buying me beers. The clock turned midnight and Clapton came on. Beautiful

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Bump. Looking for some insight on buying tickets because I can't remember what we did last year. I saw the Big East put out a release saying they released limited tickets back in December. Are they holding any tickets back?

Also, having never bought or sold tickets the day of, how easy or difficult is it to do that? I would imagine you just go on stubhub or whatever site and buy the tickets and it's electronic delivery so shouldn't be a problem. Since UConn is one of the most popular tickets, does it make sense to wait until their spot is locked in or is that just going to mean I pay more?

Reaction Score
I always wait, did the same for the Final Four and Championship game. StubHub or SeatGeek, let the sellers sweat it out. I know that probably freaks some people out, but that’s the way to go in my opinion. Tickets getting mobile transferred makes this very easy.

I can’t comment on selling tickets day of, have only purchased them.

Reaction Score
I’ll also add - my same day strategy is just for games where other fan bases are involved.

Gampel or XL? I just lock it in.

MSG or Tournament games? Always wait. I saved hundreds last year by waiting, and saved $300+ a ticket by waiting until 90 minutes before the title game. We ended up sitting right next to all our former players.

Ticket numbers matter too. Much easier to find 2 than 5 or a weird combo. Just something to keep in mind.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom