Big East teams and the inaugural WBIT | The Boneyard

Big East teams and the inaugural WBIT

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
D45DB42F-52A5-40D4-A539-B60591659049.jpeg
C1DC1B15-E785-4D28-8D7C-2D4FFFE03151.jpeg

Reaction Score
When I look at any NIT bracket, I assume there must be alot of alcohol in those seeding meetings. Things like NET, SOS, Q1 wins and other metrics get replaced by dart boards or drawing names out of a hat.

Reaction Score
had to look up what is going on. This will replace the WNIT over time. And 7 teams in the NCAA/WBIT is good.

After the full 68-team field for the NCAA Tournament is revealed Sunday evening, women’s basketball teams that do not qualify for March Madness will hope to earn an invitation to one of two tournaments. The WBIT (Women’s Basketball Invitational Tournament) will invite 32 teams, and the WNIT (Women’s National Invitational Tournament) will extend 48 bids.

The WBIT is a brand-new event in 2024, and is wholly owned by the NCAA just as they own the NIT for men’s basketball after a forced sale under pressure from federal courts in 2005. But the NCAA continues to not own the rights to the WNIT, so they created an alternative postseason invitational tournament which they’ll own fully and will be able to keep all the revenue.

The WBIT will effectively replace the WNIT as the secondary tournament for teams who miss the cut in the NCAA Tournament. The WBIT will be broadcast on ESPN, and the WNIT will wait until the lineup for the WBIT is announced before announcing their own field, effectively placing them in a tertiary position among the postseason tournaments.

The early rounds of the WBIT will take place at the campus sites of higher seeds, and the semifinal and final rounds will be played at Hinkle Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, home of the Butler Bulldogs and the NCAA’s corporate offices.

Reaction Score
When I look at any NIT bracket, I assume there must be alot of alcohol in those seeding meetings. Things like NET, SOS, Q1 wins and other metrics get replaced by dart boards or drawing names out of a hat.
I should have said WBIT.. but same applies to NIT or any consolation tournament.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
When I first saw that Butler and Providence were in the NIT, I was thinking what happened to Nova, Seton Hall, Georgetown and St John's, did they refuse to go, then I saw the WBIT brackets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom