Big East Proved NCAA Selection Committee “Wrong Again”

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Wwe Raw GIF

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
At least they can take solace in the fact that they played three basketball games at Madison Square Garden in March. So who’s the real winners here??

kobe

Reaction Score
At least they can take solace in the fact that they played three basketball games at Madison Square Garden in March. So who’s the real winners here??
buying overpriced beers for 3 days in nyc is the highlight of their season, every season for the church leaguers.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
buying overpriced beers for 3 days in nyc is the highlight of their season, every season for the church leaguers.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX
Again, you do know that guy in your profile is no longer your coach, right? Quit hanging onto the past. You will never be back. Accept mediocrity.

Reaction Score
The big east did not get screwed at all.
Marquette and Creighton barely snuck by much lower ranked teams.
And now there are the results tonight.
They were both seeded too high.

Reaction Score
So let’s see. Following NEWBIE fanboy logic, the ACC has 2 teams in the Elite 8. Both beat higher seeds to get there. NEWBIE has UConn, but the other 2 flamed out in their usual spot. That would seem to justify the Committee selecting Virginia over St Johns. Because we all know performance of other teams in your league prove your team is deserving.

As far as Marquette-NC State goes, though, I don’t think you guys are giving State enough credit. They played tenacious defense, rebounded well and made several critical shots late in the shot clock when Marquette was making runs. Marquette didn’t play their A game but NC State had a hand in that.

Reaction Score
So let’s see. Following NEWBIE fanboy logic, the ACC has 2 teams in the Elite 8. Both beat higher seeds to get there. NEWBIE has UConn, but the other 2 flamed out in their usual spot. That would seem to justify the Committee selecting Virginia over St Johns. Because we all know performance of other teams in your league prove your team is deserving.

As far as Marquette-NC State goes, though, I don’t think you guys are giving State enough credit. They played tenacious defense, rebounded well and made several critical shots late in the shot clock when Marquette was making runs. Marquette didn’t play their A game but NC State had a hand in that.
They were 12 rebounds down for a big part of the game, 1 and done. It finished 7 but the damage was done.

Reaction Score

Correction 3 ACC teams. Even more proof.

Reaction Score
So now the doubters can say that UConn has not only beaten no one in the post-season, but they beat no one in the regular season, either. Turns out the best of their BE opponents and the best of their non-con opponents were all Sweet-16 caliber at best.

All good -- it gives motivation to a team that doesn't really need it but can't help but be lulled a bit by the endless, suffocating praise it's been receiving.

So now, for the next few hours, Illinois becomes everyone's "upset of choice." The consensus view that UConn is by far the nation's best team and can only be beaten by some one-game fluke will be seriously questioned. Some may suggest, as Jay Williams came close to doing last night, that Illinois is the better team.

We'll beat Illinois, no doubt, and handle Alabama/Clemson in the semis, but then it will be noted that ours was the soft side of the Final Four, and we'll enter the championship game under the seriously arched eyebrows of the doubting Davises and Goodmans and Gottliebs.

All good. It makes things so much more fun

So glad that UConn now has something to prove, not only for itself but for the BE. My God, can the BE even survive a UConn loss tonight? Although if UConn now goes on to the title, it will argue less for the strength of the BE than for the transcendence of UConn.

Speaking for myself, I'm pleased that there is no chance of a third UConn/Creighton or fourth UConn/Marquette match-up. There are so many more interesting match-ups possible. UConn/Purdue, of course. UConn/Duke, of course. But consider UConn/NC State. If NC State reaches the final they will be riding a 10-game win streak that began with 5 wins in 5 days in their conference tournament. They will be emulating the feat of Kemba's 2011 Huskies, a feat we thought would never be duplicated. And who might be standing in their way? UConn! You can't make this up.

So bring it on. It's getting interesting.

Reaction Score
The big east did not get screwed at all.
Marquette and Creighton barely snuck by much lower ranked teams.
And now there are the results tonight.
They were both seeded too high.
Your first posts on the Basketball board were after the Seton Hall loss in 2023 and then you mysteriously did not post anything from March to November.

Wonder why?

kobe

Reaction Score
7 Big 12teams
2 sweet 16
No elite 8

3 Big East teams
3 sweet 16
1 elite 8

Setting Cincinnati’s sad season aside, this just ain’t the year to be trolling us and the BE
to me, and hear me out, we shouldn't make generalizations about a conference as a whole based on a single elimination tournament.

anyone who does that is simply engagement farming or is delusional in my humble opinion.

Reaction Score
to me, and hear me out, we shouldn't make generalizations about a conference as a whole based on a single elimination tournament.

anyone who does that is simply engagement farming or is delusional in my humble opinion.
youre-banned.gif

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

#kobelikestowatch

Attachments

• Like to watch.gif
    Like to watch.gif
    639.9 KB · Views: 15

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members