Big East OOC Thread 23/24 | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC Thread 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
fake top 10 church league team loses by 20 plus to fellow mid major mwc team.
Oh No Wow GIF by The Great British Bake Off
I can see why UC MBB has the easiest OOC schedule in the country - dont want the MBB team repeat what the vaunted UC football team has done this season so far

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
When the wheels come off for Creighton, they really come off. There are not many teams that I can think of in recent history that are as volatile in terms of performance.

Seton Hall and Butler have challenging but winnable games tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Carolina refused to double down low for fear of the kick out 3. They just weren’t tough enough in enough places today. So, Nova kept taking them down low…
if sone of that approach is used by Uconn against UNC. It just feels like Either Newton will have a big night OR someone like Karaban or Soencer will get some great looks

Reaction Score
Got the biggest one, but the Creighton upset hurts obviously. Would've loved to steal one of the other 2 considering they both competitive deep in the 2nd halves..
Fanta had commented earlier today that there was a good chance Creighton was going to go into conference play undefeated... Yeah, no.

Reaction Score
When the wheels come off for Creighton, they really come off. There are not many teams that I can think of in recent history that are as volatile in terms of performance.

I almost never agree with you but this is true. Creighton had the wheels come off last year and rebounded before they spit the bit at the very end of the year but that's who we should've played in the NCAA championship game last season. They've also looked like world beaters before and then they lay an egg in the Big East title game. I think that team is for real and will have their say at the end of the Big East and make noise in March but there's a weird Jekyll and Hyde with them going across servers years now.

Reaction Score

I almost never agree with you but this is true. Creighton had the wheels come off last year and rebounded before they spit the bit at the very end of the year but that's who we should've played in the NCAA championship game last season. They've also looked like world beaters before and then they lay an egg in the Big East title game. I think that team is for real and will have their say at the end of the Big East and make noise in March but there's a weird Jekyll and Hyde with them going across several seasons now.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I have posted elsewhere that I heard Seton Hall has NIL issues. Roster looks like it. I like Holloway, but he will jump off his next tournament appearance if the Hall doesn’t find a way to compete for talent.

Edit: I would not be surprised if he puts his name out for AAC and A10 jobs next offseason if SHU doesn’t step up. No reason to kill his career with multiple losing seasons at a school that is not trying to compete.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
I have posted elsewhere that I heard Seton Hall has NIL issues. Roster looks like it. I like Holloway, but he will jump off his next tournament appearance if the Hall doesn’t find a way to compete for talent.

Edit: I would not be surprised if he puts his name out for AAC and A10 jobs next offseason if SHU doesn’t step up. No reason to kill his career with multiple losing seasons at a school that is not trying to compete.
drag race sips tea GIF by Shalita Grant

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
UConn, Xavier, Providence, Villanova, and Butler are all winners.

Seton Hall lost.

46-18 (13-10).

Reaction Score
Nova’s players look very muscular and strong out there. They could be a problem.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Through Friday:

Torvik:

1) Big 12
2) Big East
3) Big 10
4) SEC
5) ACC
6) Pac 12

KenPom:

1) Big 12
2) SEC
3) Big East
4) Big 10
5) Pac 12
6) ACC

Both are still leaning relatively heavily on the preseason component until 10 or so games played, by which point it is less of a factor, so we can't read too much into them yet (technically it is 15 games, but by 10, the preseason impact should be fairly muted).

Reaction Score
Take a cold shower.
Yes funny, but think about it, in the past we’ve had our share of skinny malnourished looking players that we usually said “they just need to gain 20lbs over the summer, both big men and guards. Hurley has gotten away from that getting bigger and stronger guards, but Nova's game plan was bully, back down in the lane, make a layup, or go to the line or kick out for 3. It’s what they always do. In the OBE Pitt used to do the same thing.

Reaction Score
Through Friday:

Torvik:

1) Big 12
2) Big East
3) Big 10
4) SEC
5) ACC
6) Pac 12

KenPom:

1) Big 12
2) SEC
3) Big East
4) Big 10
5) Pac 12
6) ACC

Both are still leaning relatively heavily on the preseason component until 10 or so games played, by which point it is less of a factor, so we can't read too much into them yet (technically it is 15 games, but by 10, the preseason impact should be fairly muted).
The difference is at the bottom. Depaul and Georgetown are dreadful by ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom