Big East Forfeits | The Boneyard

Big East Forfeits

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ1

Reaction Score
Both Hall AND DePaul have now forfeited their games tonight.

Interestingly, they play each other on Thursday.

If neither is able to go by then, I wonder who they award the forfeit to?
Call it a tie. What great times we are living in. But I guess it could be worse. We must power through.

Reaction Score

I have an outside the box idea how about a 5 minute overtime to reschedule, about an hour or 30 minutes prior to the Thursday tip off then when it’s over have a 20 minute break then start the full game.

It would be like MLB teams playing a couple innings prior to their full 9 inning game, in this case you get 2 games in boom boom done.

Reaction Score

They both get a loss. This policy is so dumb, they shouldn’t be forfeiting these games. Should be trying to reschedule and if that can’t happen, then just cancel it. Look around the sports world, positives are happening everywhere. This isn’t going away, Val needs to change the policy to get in line with what the NFL is doing. This is beyond silly.

Reaction Score
Have there been any games cancelled by SEC schools? I know Colorado State (vaccine required for students @ CSU/I understand breakthroughs are happening) played Mississippi State in Texas and soon after CSU entered protocol. Mississippi State on the other hand had no issues. Just curious on testing and if there is a way to game the system or have school administrators show influence?

Sorry to McLovin for going a bit off topic. .

Thanks

Reaction Score
Many conferences have the same policy. But:
'Forfeits are not recognized officially by the NCAA selection committee, so any games not played as initially scheduled will not be reflected on team sheets.

Reaction Score

Good question !

Reaction Score
Pick your best non-infected shooter from each team and play a game of HORSE. Unfortunately, we would lose almost every game, but it would be fun.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I don't believe this forfeit rule will stand the test of time. 35 programs nationally are currently on COVID pause. That's almost 10% of all Division 1 schools. There will be a lot more cancellations. Something has got to give. I see the Big East retroactively nullifying the forfeits and either rescheduling the games or cancelling them altogether.

Reaction Score
Pick your best non-infected shooter from each team and play a game of HORSE. Unfortunately, we would lose almost every game, but it would be fun.
Just make Andre do ridiculous dunks, good luck repeating those

Reaction Score
Hanging an L makes absolutely no sense. Letting them play 2 v 2 would make a lot more sense, and be a lot more fun.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
The problem might be they waited too long. How can they change it now that they made a few teams forfeit, unless they are going to try to reschedule those game (and what incentive does St John’s or Creighton have to do that).

I think we’re at minute zero. If a change is going to happen it need to happen by Christmas.

Reaction Score
The NHL is simply posponing all games for the next week or so, due to COVID complications.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I don't believe this forfeit rule will stand the test of time. 35 programs nationally are currently on COVID pause. That's almost 10% of all Division 1 schools. There will be a lot more cancellations. Something has got to give. I see the Big East retroactively nullifying the forfeits and either rescheduling the games or cancelling them altogether.
I think you are right and I think it is going to get worse over the next month.

Reaction Score
It’s the “new normal” and we have to “flatten the curve” because it “takes all of us”

It’s been 2 years, when does this silliness end?! Smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer