Big East Comings and Goings | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Big East Comings and Goings

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Two very reputable posters have intimated that there was tampering. So I agree, the Floyd situation is a very bad look...for Providence.

What is tampering though? Especially in this day and age where it is seemingly anything goes anyway. Even if a team did whisper in his ear what makes that situation more attractive than his initial choice of school. What changed?

An analogy would be a someone flirting with a happily married person. Tasteless for sure. However just because someone flirts with you doesn't automatically make you leave your spouse, does it?

Reaction Score

The 6'7 232 post player from Arkansas State averaged 17.9p, 12.2r, 1.6s, 2b, 63.2 fg% last season. Three years of eligibility.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I get it. I do. But Hopkins and Carter for instance probably wouldn’t be starters here. We are filling for different needs. Good names are still hopping in the portal as we speak. Not a race is all
Hopkins could start here.

Reaction Score
Hopkins could start here.
He Could def. But not in our 4 out offense from day one until the deep shot develops. He would have to work for it here. At PC hes locked in as a starter from day one.

Reaction Score
It's definitely not a competition, as many posters already stated, UConn and PC are filling different needs. I'm a PC realest, Haven't posted that much......is PC really killing the portal. Locke brings experience and should replace Reeves shooting, but he is shorter. Carter still a bit of a unknown, same with Floyd. Moore had his best seasons in the A10.....based on our A10 transfers in the past Pipkins(miss this dude) Croswell and Bynum, Moore might not be a factor until mid BE play, but I think Hopkins hits the ground running............back to recruiting Hurley is definitely killing Cooley for HS recruits, but they may even out sooner than later......good source(really good source) Bowen is a lock for PC......I know alot people around him.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's definitely not a competition, as many posters already stated, UConn and PC are filling different needs. I'm a PC realest, Haven't posted that much......is PC really killing the portal. Locke brings experience and should replace Reeves shooting, but he is shorter. Carter still a bit of a unknown, same with Floyd. Moore had his best seasons in the A10.....based on our A10 transfers in the past Pipkins(miss this dude) Croswell and Bynum, Moore might not be a factor until mid BE play, but I think Hopkins hits the ground running............back to recruiting Hurley is definitely killing Cooley for HS recruits, but they may even out sooner than later......good source(really good source) Bowen is a lock for PC......I know alot people around him.
That would be a great get for Providence.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Pretty sure it's Miami again with another NIL deal...there's 0 ROI on these deals so I gotta think for at least the millionaires this is an unsustainable business model long term.

How much is a low major freshman worth?

Reaction Score
Would be a great get and I don't doubt you or your sources. I would just just be careful with the "lock" word until he's draining 3's at the Dunk.. No such thing in recruiting, especially with NIL being such a large factor these days. He's a lock until he gets a 1.5 million dollar NIL deal from from Duke for ACE bandages and their new line of ouchless band-aids.

Reaction Score
Would be a great get and I don't doubt you or your sources. I would just just be careful with the "lock" word until he's draining 3's at the Dunk.. No such thing in recruiting, especially with NIL being such a large factor these days. He's a lock until he gets a 1.5 million dollar NIL deal from from Duke for ACE bandages and their new line of ouchless band-aids.
So true, NIL could make a difference. I'll change "lock" to "looking good"

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
a funny benefit of the nil stuff will be seeing how Duke fans try to reframe the former narrative that they don’t have to pay players to get the top class every year because they’re Duke

Reaction Score
Pretty sure it's Miami again with another NIL deal...there's 0 ROI on these deals so I gotta think for at least the millionaires this is an unsustainable business model long term.
There's actually a lot more ROI on these first few big deals. I now know what Life Wallet is. By the 50th deal I won't be paying attention, but they definitely got me

Reaction Score
There's actually a lot more ROI on these first few big deals. I now know what Life Wallet is. By the 50th deal I won't be paying attention, but they definitely got me
There is a 0% chance that LifeWallet is getting $800,001.00 return in marketing with Nijel Pack. They will be lucky to break $100k in the next two years.

There just isn't a way it happens. Doesn't have a massive social media following personally, we are also talking about Miami hoops here, not even their core brand football which frankly has pretty fair weather fans and longs for 2001 again. The hoops brand itself doesn't have a major following either.

But that's not the point of these deals and that's fine just as long as everyone can and is allowed to play by the same rules and inducement is acceptable. Good for the kid for getting the bag but LifeWallet is just a facade in the NIL space and nothing more.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
There is a 0% chance that LifeWallet is getting $800,001.00 return in marketing with Nijel Pack. They will be lucky to break $100k in the next two years.

There just isn't a way it happens. Doesn't have a massive social media following personally, we are also talking about Miami hoops here, not even their core brand football which frankly has pretty fair weather fans and longs for 2001 again. The hoops brand itself doesn't have a major following either.

But that's not the point of these deals and that's fine just as long as everyone can and is allowed to play by the same rules and inducement is acceptable. Good for the kid for getting the bag but LifeWallet is just a facade in the NIL space and nothing more.
100k is generous. How many ppl in their potential customer pool even know who Nigel Pack is let alone recognize him enough to have a positive reaction to seeing or hearing him in marketing material? Multiply that by the expected return on a customer who positively reacts to those ads?

The guy has 8500 IG followers.

Reaction Score
a funny benefit of the nil stuff will be seeing how Duke fans try to reframe the former narrative that they don’t have to pay players to get the top class every year because they’re Duke
Duke absolutely paid Zion Kyrie Tatum ect. these duke fans drive me nuts

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Hate to hear that about Bowen, maybe he'll have a chang$ of heart like Jalen Gaffney did when we thought he was headed to Georgia.

Reaction Score

I believe Life Wallet comes from the billionaire UM booster who is HS friends with Cristobal. They have been much more active with their inducements for football players. Don't think ROI even factors into their plans.

Reaction Score
Yes. A trail of sour grapes leading back to @drayenob ‘s kitchen was found. Investigators have been at the scene for several hours looking for other clues but have come up empty thus far. Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
Butler added Georgia State's Jalen Thomas.

The 6'10 230 post-player averaged 7.9p, 6.2r, 1.7b, 45.9 fg% in 25.6 mpg last season. Was the #245 recruit of '19.

With Bryce Golden taking his grad transfer season at Loyola-Chicago, Jalen Thomas is the top candidate to replace him in the starting lineup.

Just based on what I've seen in Golden and looking at Thomas' stats, Thomas does not have the offensive versatility of Golden, but he seems like a significant defensive upgrade. FWIW, Georgia State was 40th nationally in opponent 2p% while Butler was 264th.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32