Big East 23/24 final regular season standings projections | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East 23/24 final regular season standings projections

Reaction Score
A lot of his struggles were shooting the ball (as your numbers on him indicated).

He was, however, in the top quartile in the country in finishing at the rim. He is going to have to drastically improve the efficiency on his jump shot, but if he does, he could be a real weapon because of his ability to attack the hoop.

FWIW, his PPP driving to the hoop were better than anyone on UConn last year (Newton was the highest with 0.96 PPP on drives to the right towards the basket).

Source: ShotQuality View attachment 92514
He shot better towards the end of the year, but I'm always wary of ascribing improvement to sequence of return small sample sizes. But Miller was pretty effusive at media day and does claim his shot is much improved. We'll see! He'll still have to maintain that driving efficiency in a higher usage.

Jealous of the ShotQuality sub (though I think as a fanbase we're in a feud with them over the tournament algo results).

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
He shot better towards the end of the year, but I'm always wary of ascribing improvement to sequence of return small sample sizes. But Miller was pretty effusive at media day and does claim his shot is much improved. We'll see! He'll still have to maintain that driving efficiency in a higher usage.

Jealous of the ShotQuality sub (though I think as a fanbase we're in a feud with them over the tournament algo results).
I'm going to be using them for my pregame opponent breakdown videos this year. I joked with the guy who set me up that UConn fans have a love hate relationship with the SQ data. In January when we were losing it was reassuring to see we should have won, but their predicted results for the games in March were not as friendly to us...

Reaction Score
I'm going to be using them for my pregame opponent breakdown videos this year. I joked with the guy who set me up that UConn fans have a love hate relationship with the SQ data. In January when we were losing it was reassuring to see we should have won, but their predicted results for the games in March were not as friendly to us...
Do you know if they are incorporating individual defender strength into the algo?

I thought I read that this offseason, but not sure. Might've been a fever dream. Either way, they were underrating us because of the Clingan Effect + Rubber Band Effect.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I think they just incorporate closest defender height and distance into their PPP projections (among other factors). I'm not sure if gets down to the individual player guarding them (i.e. Jackson was quicker / could jump higher than an "average" defender of similar size).

But on offense they do look at the individual player strengths when calculating projected PPP. For example, with all other factors the same, Sanogo had a higher projected PPP on his shots near the rim than an average C of his size because his layup ability was considered "elite".

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Math What GIF by Riki Barker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom