BIG EAST 2023-24 AWARDS | Page 3 | The Boneyard

BIG EAST 2023-24 AWARDS

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Hmm. I thought that you could not vote for your own player? Or is that preseason voting?
Not sure how there could be 6 unanimous all-conference selections if you can’t vote for your own player.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Sorry! But my initial reaction is that the Big East consists of a bunch of gutless wonders. A 'First Team' should be made up of 5 players. When the rules are changed to allow 10 on the court from each team at one time, I'll accept a 10 player first team. Make a GD decision!!! Who are the 5 starters among the 10 names? Why not put together a 10 member second team too? Are the second team named actually the third team?

This just reeks of participation trophies for all the kids on the 0 - 12 soccer team. Can't have anyone feel bad about themselves now, can we?

Now that my rant is over, congratulations to all of the players who were chosen.
Just about every conference selects a 10-player all conference team, as does the WBCA, which has been doing so for years, and is Geno’s metric for elevating any UConn player’s name on a banner at both the Werth Center and Gampel Pavilion as an HOH honoree.

Let’s not minimize the remarkable achievements of these extraordinary young ladies who are all deserving of the recognition granted to them by the conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom