2024 Recruiting: - Big Cliff Omoruyi enters portal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Big Cliff Omoruyi enters portal

Reaction Score
We have 3 players on our roster who had bags thrown at them from high-level programs an opted for UConn, and another coming next year.

I'm not really sure what you're getting at my man.
NIL freaks people out. We've been the best team in the country since NIL and the portal have become embedded. I don't know our exact budget, none of us do, but it seems to be working fine.

Reaction Score
Didn’t someone tweet out last week that 6 Big East programs paid out $2 million in NIL this year? We are obviously one of them. We have money to get good players.
All sports or just basketball? Is our football included?

Reaction Score
My guess is we see this a lot. There are some big programs with big NIL left in the tournament. If you’re a big name transfer and don’t already have your destination confirmed, no idea why you’d limit your options.
Also, wouldn't kids want to play for winners? You can get NIL from winners as easily as from losers.

Reaction Score
Can’t imagine a big man from the NE not wanting to be a part of this thing of ours.

Not saying it’s a lock, because I did say that with Timberlake (born an hour away, replacing a knock down shooter on the returning champs, etc) due to my naivety around NIL.

My point is simply that i cannot imagine someone in that spot not making us a final 2. All of this is assuming Big Donnie leaves of course.

Reaction Score
Can’t imagine a big man from the NE not wanting to be a part of this thing of ours.

Not saying it’s a lock, because I did say that with Timberlake (born an hour away, replacing a knock down shooter on the returning champs, etc) due to my naivety around NIL.

My point is simply that i cannot imagine someone in that spot not making us a final 2. All of this is assuming Big Donnie leaves of course.
I think DC's decision is by far the key. I doubt that will be known by 4/8.

Reaction Score
My guess is we see this a lot. There are some big programs with big NIL left in the tournament. If you’re a big name transfer and don’t already have your destination confirmed, no idea why you’d limit your options.
It's been an extremely chalky tournament and most of the big names are still remaining. Why would someone rush to pick St. John's or Cincy when UConn, Duke, UNC, Arizona are still playing?

Reaction Score
That's been known by everyone for over a year.
Big men are devalued in today's NBA unless you're Wembanyama. It depends what the scouts say about his draft position. Heard # 11 but who knows what international players might be out there. Edey will be a two time NOPY and came back to college because college. Not saying DC won't be drafted, just it might not be known by 4/8. Look at AJ last year. It was maybe a week after the championship game before he decided. Right after the game he said he was coming back unless Hurley didn't want him back (joking) and then entered the draft once he got NBA feedback.

Reaction Score
Big men are devalued in today's NBA unless you're Wembanyama. It depends what the scouts say about his draft position. Heard # 11 but who knows what international players might be out there. Edey will be a two time NOPY and came back to college because college. Not saying DC won't be drafted, just it might not be known by 4/8. Look at AJ last year. It was maybe a week after the championship game before he decided. Right after the game he said he was coming back unless Hurley didn't want him back (joking) and then entered the draft once he got NBA feedback.
I truly don’t mean this in a demeaning way, but it’s okay not to have a strong opinion on something that you don’t understand. That happens A LOT in my life.

Enjoy the ride. He’s gone after it’s over.

Reaction Score
I have less than zero intel but every reputable mock has him upper first round, probably lottery. That is VERY different than Ajax. DC would have been a first rounder last year and his play in March has only boosted his stock IMO. We knew Hawk was going last year….just like we know Castle and DC are gone

Reaction Score
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: If DC wants to remain at UConn, Hurley should cut his scholarship. It is time for him to get his bread--he's earned it.
He doesn't. Hurley and everyone else involved in UConn basketball have known thr whole time Clingan and Castle are leaving after this year. I don't know why people on the board keep talking about another year from either of them. Clingan could've left after last year, everyone should be thankful we got two seasons out of him and cheer him on in the NBA next season.

Reaction Score
Also, wouldn't kids want to play for winners? You can get NIL from winners as easily as from losers.
True enough, NIL is NIL, but maybe a kid thinks he can turn a loser into a winner and increase his exposure on a team without too many other celebrities.

Who knows how they think?

St. John's got some pretty good players wanting to play for a coach they thought would turn them into winners.

Reaction Score
EVERYONE knows Clingan is gone after this season. Literally everyone. Except you, apparently.

Reaction Score
I have less than zero intel but every reputable mock has him upper first round, probably lottery. That is VERY different than Ajax. DC would have been a first rounder last year and his play in March has only boosted his stock IMO. We knew Hawk was going last year….just like we know Castle and DC are gone
I saw him going #5 in a mock draft. If he gets that kind of feedback, it will be hard to resist leaving for the pros. Selfishly I want him to stick around and play 4 years but I think the likelihood of that happening is just about zero.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom