Big Blue Nation having a very normal Tuesday | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Big Blue Nation having a very normal Tuesday

Reaction Score
the hog board may surpass southern canada for yucks

"Cali-par-e or Cali-pair-e. Ok is it pronounced at the end with par-e or pair-e? Or does everyone just do their own thing like Malzhan or Malazhan? Just to be clear, a little sarcasm here not at Coach Cal but the half of Hog fans that will get it wrong no matter what."

"Think it's supposed to rhyme with calamari. Guess we will find out soon enough"

BWAAAHAHAHAHA

They could also, just.... y'know, watch some videos talking about him or interviewing him?

Reaction Score
I’m sure that majority of that fan base is absolutely terrific.
But the very very vocal minority…..are completely out of their minds.

Why would any good coach want to go there, other than money, at this point?

These loons aren’t going to be satisfied with a multi year rebuild like Hurley undertook at UConn?
They want to “throw a bag” at a coach and win the natty next year

It’s just nuts at this point. And an impossible situation.

They would have been best served working with Cal to make better use of the transfer portal.

Now, the good fans are stuck with essentially….no players, no recruits, and no coach willing to put up with the lunatics

I actually feel a little bad for them
this post nails it, except for the last sentence. I feel bad for the good Kentucky fans, which very well might be the majority of them. One of my good friends is from Kentucky and she loves Kentucky basketball. My wife and I met her here at Tufts University when she went to school there. I attended her wedding in Santa Monica, California. She is sweet like homemade apple pie. The Kentucky fans like her are the ones I will feel bad for, but certainly not the assholic ones their forums.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
All true and fair but they are an incredibly toxic fanbase. I think they are unique. Surely due to the size of the fanbase - there are both more good and bad. But good Lord the bad are so bad and they are everywhere.

This is NOT directed at you personally. I have no idea what you've posted in this thread.

Yesterday afternoon, I dipped into this thread when the post count was at ~200. When I show up that late, I usually jump to the final page and then back up a couple.

Picture this: I was in the locker room at the Downtown Family Y in Louisville, KY, and I was wearing not only a UCONN HUSKIES sweatshirt, but also a UCONN hat. The lettering is ALL CAPS for both. That's why I didn't write UConn.

I almost never wear two UConn items at once, but I'd done so all day Monday while watching the eclipse in Salem, IN (home state of Purdue).I wore the same on Tuesday among dozen of men at a meeting I attend weekly where it's common to see UK and UL, and where I’ve made a warm & friendly connection with a Marquette guy who a couple weeks ago took his grandson to his first game. It was in Indianapolis, the 2nd round victory over Colorado that put the Golden Eagles into the Sweet 16 - a kid's lifetime memory.

I wouldn't want any of the people I encountered on those three days to be forming their impressions about UConn fans or Connecticut people based on quite a number of comments appearing in this thread.

And for those folks who don't see the unintentional irony, arrogance, ignorance, rudeness and such that's on display here, I'll beat ya to it and make the smug balloon knot joke, so you don't have to - "Ah, don't worry about anybody looking over your shoulder to see what you're reading. Thems peoples are too stupid to read, amirite."

I'll add only that I really do hope that Scott Drew got to shake the Baylor money tree twice by refusing both Louisville and Kentucky, but that's a fair use of fan partisanship.

I'm happy to be most recently reading that our justly celebrated & celebrating coaching staff is re-upping, and likely working it hard in real time. Please let there be no troubling updates.

This is my team, and you are my fanbase teammates, and I'm just putting in another pitch for accentuating the positive, and crushing opponents primarily on the court.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't they brought it upon themselves
Same here. They think they can just point to whichever coach they want and that person will leave their program, even if it's an elite program like UConn coming off back-to-back NCs, because of their (1) tradition and (2) deep, deep pockets. I literally saw people commenting that stealing Hurley from UConn was a smart way to prevent a rival school from catching them in the NC count. The absurd arrogance, the willingness to use their football-money SEC leverage to squash the competition in a completely rigged system... They deserve to fail painfully and often.

They even said UConn doesn't have football/doesn't care about football, as if we choose not to be in a power conference, instead of being squeezed out/blocked out by a cartel. Let them eat bluegrass.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Supposedly Kidd-Gilchrist is going to be their shooting coach and they’re hiring Boogie Cousins as their mental performance coach.

It’s very important to AD Barnhart to keep some Bluegrass flavor on staff, per sources.

Just a few rumors my direct sources told me. Depends largely on if head coach Jim Boeheim will bring in his own staff.

Reaction Score
One of the great realizations in life is that (1) everyone thinks there is a number that will make their life demonstrably happier; (2) it's always a little bit more than they have and (3) they're usually wrong.

Pearl seems too obvious here. I assume he would walk to Lexington if they offered. Failing that, might as well kick the tires on Tom Crean or Kenny Payne.

Reaction Score
One of the great realizations in life is that (1) everyone thinks there is a number that will make their life demonstrably happier; (2) it's always a little bit more than they have and (3) they're usually wrong.

Pearl seems too obvious here. I assume he would walk to Lexington if they offered. Failing that, might as well kick the tires on Tom Crean or Kenny Payne.
Pearl would run there if offered but the word is the AD can't stand him, not sure about the donors. They should hire him, he would most likely do awesome there.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Greg Paulus has done wonders up here at Niagara, they should look at him.

Duke blue blood.

Reaction Score
Failing that, might as well kick the tires on Tom Crean or Kenny Payne.
Ncaa Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

Reaction Score
Pearl would run there if offered but the word is the AD can't stand him, not sure about the donors. They should hire him, he would most likely do awesome there.
The UK AD is a problem for some people. Falling out with Cal is just one thing. I think there's only a specific type of person who is going to want to work with him. Drew was one, and the best one. Him not locking him down (almost certainly because of the crazy behavior of UK fans) has ****ed them. Pope is another who I think would be good working with him, but he's multiple steps down, and definitely not as good as Cal.

Reaction Score
so happy you boys are getting a small taste of the bbn.

when we played uk in the tournament a while ago, one of our players got a tech against them and bbn harassed him with death threats on facebook.
Emphasis on A WHILE AGO

Lololololol

Reaction Score
I don't they brought it upon themselves
That's the funny part. "take the high road guys, don't be as bad as them"

Sorry, a couple jabs about the state of Kentucky isn't remotely close to the vitriol their fanbase spreads. And the worst part is that they don't even attempt to hide it. Sure we have some bad fans who say some out of pocket stuff, but we also have mods and a host of people that will call them out. They just laugh with each other, retweet each other, and celebrate the nastiness.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
They actually think it's all about the money. Have no idea what relationships are all about. And they don't have a better tradition than us in 2024 either

We are the college basketball center of the universe, and nobody else is

Never mind Oakland and St Peters, their demise started when they couldn't beat Texas Western College

Reaction Score
Not that anyone cares but I spent 2 hours last night on the Syracusefan board reading all the UConn threads posted since the elite 8 (there’s a surprising number of them). The majority were well informed, begrudgingly complimentary, and hilariously self deprecating. Most didn’t even want Hurley leaving to go coach for the “vulturous UK fans that scream where’s my natty?! where’s my natty?! from up in the rafters.” It honestly changed my opinion of their fanbase. Maybe I’m just in a good mood or maybe it’s because I spent the last 3 days on the BBN board. You’ll find more wisdom graffitied across the truck stop glory holes of America than on there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom