Big Blue Nation having a very normal Tuesday | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Big Blue Nation having a very normal Tuesday

Reaction Score
There is one coach Kentucky could get that could be very successful: Shaheen Holloway. You put that guy on a big stage with a bankroll, and he will cut the nets down eventually.

Kentucky fans would be apoplectic if Holloway was hired, so it will never happen.
And that's they type of coach they should be trying to hire. Even with SHU being Shaheen's alma mater, and him being a Jersey guy, nobody would blame him for moving to Kentucky for $6mm. Same with other head coaches that are at lesser major programs. Do your homework and find the right guy. Throwing obscene money at someone else's guy is an 80's Yankees move (and I'm a Yankee fan). I know they have tons of money from the SEC television contract and donors, but it's still inappropriate for a state institution to go so high above market rates. My opinion, of course. Maybe UK will have to take more students to help pay for the coach's salary. They have some wiggle room with their acceptance rates. I mean, they're at 95% acceptance rate now so you may as well just got to 100%. Will there really be an impact on student quality?

Reaction Score
There is one coach Kentucky could get that could be very successful: Shaheen Holloway. You put that guy on a big stage with a bankroll, and he will cut the nets down eventually.

Kentucky fans would be apoplectic if Holloway was hired, so it will never happen.
Kim English too (please Kim English)

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
When Dean Smith retired from UNC, they gave the job to longtime assistant Bill Guthridge, and it was a disaster. When they had to replace him, they got turned down by Roy Williams, flailed around for a bit, and gave the job to Matt Doherty, who had exactly one year under his belt at Notre Dame. When that failed, Roy finally came to their rescue.

Just because it's a big name does not mean the hiring process is easy.

Reaction Score

If they gave him time, absolutely. Hes a good coach

Reaction Score
So everyone on their board plus their mothers, not to mention all their reporters, keeps saying “make Hurley say no”. He’s said no about 10 times now… is this how girls feel? No means no….

Reaction Score
This is among my favorite things I've seen over there:

Except Harry Walker as the screenshot shows is an agency for getting someone to your business to do a speaking engagment... Hurley actually uses William Morris Endeavor

They've connected the dots to the speaker agency with the plane their tracking landing at Laguardia... I hope someone in Lexington actually does hire Hurley.. to do a corporate speaking engagement.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was reading your posts over there on the Kentucky forum and your responses were hilarious.:D
James Corden Hello GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Reaction Score

Except Harry Walker as the screenshot shows is an agency for getting someone to your business to do a speaking engagment... Hurley actually uses William Morris Endeavor

They've connected the dots to the speaker agency with the plane their tracking landing at Laguardia... I hope someone in Lexington actually does hire Hurley.. to do a corporate speaking engagement.

Sounds like this "well connected donor" is more likely a close friend of Johnny Walker.............

Reaction Score

lmfao.... "thanks y'all" ..... yea, that reeks of the way a big time UConn donor would talk....

Reaction Score
I was there in St. Petersburg in 1999. I can tell you first hand the turnout of UConn fans was excellent. Not only was there a ton of UConn fans in the stands, but the Michgan State and the Ohio State fans that decided stick around and watch the final game were pulling for UConn and the locals in St. Petersburg really liked UConn. In fact, in the local papers, which I have saved they stated the #1 thing they liked was the U-C-O-N-N, UConn, UConn, UConn, chant.
I was there and especially enjoyed the Duke Students mocking Big Red by chanting, "U-S-U-C-K, Usuck, Usuck,Usuck" because I asked a number of them after the game, "who sucks now"?

No responses from any of the little darlings. They were like sheep who'd just experienced the first thing to not go well in their lives.

Reaction Score
Now it’s 100 million

KY is getting gross if that's true....12.5 million for 8 years? Just goofy if we have to get in a $100 million bidding war with KY to keep DH.

Nickiiiv

NICKIIIV
Reaction Score
your local Lexington native back on here, this is CHAOS. Praying Hurley tells UK to kick rocks. The rumor Is that Hurley has accepted and will announce it following the parade tomorrow and that Luke Murray will takeover.

I was floored to see Drew turn down the job after sending his family.

Reaction Score

This tweet is the greatest proof that its made up. BBN: "Hurley has always been about the big bucks" Hurley: "I have a long history of turning down big money for a better fit"

Reaction Score
KY is getting gross if that's true....12.5 million for 8 years? Just goofy if we have to get in a $100 million bidding war with KY to keep DH.
They know they're not getting him but now are just desperate and driving up the price for us in terms of the raise we have give Hurley. Just sick. It's going to backfire on them though because now whoever they hire knows they wanted Hurley more and that coach will not be paid as much.

At this point, Hurley can't take this offer anyway. It'd be obvious it was because of the money and that he doesn't really care about that program and state at all. It would never work out. Kentucky is just desperate and stupid. The more aggressive they get, the worse they look.

Reaction Score
Currently have a 7 page thread tracking a plane and speculating if it's to pick up Hurley. Funny stuff outside of a few continued lies about the fan base.

Everybody needs to relax here.

DH went to great pains to mention how he had to drag Andrea to Rhode Island and UConn was OK because it's closer to New Jersey. And how many times has DH mentioned Jersey City in the past six years and what living there meant to making him what he is today?

He's also a Big East guy and promotes it more, and better, than our illustrious Commissioner.

His Dad stayed with his high school for decades in spite of college offers that were attractive and paid a lot more money and he's like his father........but more empathetic, don't you know. Doing what he loves where he loves to be is way more important to him than the numbers on a check.

He has a formula and it works and he can do no wrong here.

For those here who've never had real money, they think the Kentucky offer of $12 M/year sounds like what you need to support your family when you're 50 and your kids are about grown, but most people can survive on the current $5M plus bonuses DH earns today.

$60,000 per week after taxes today and just what more will he want to buy and what expensive trips can he take on the month he takes off each Summer?

You don't say I'm not interested while your agent is mentioning to DB that there are offers out there and an adjustment to his contract is warranted.

Bottom line: DH, his wife and extended family are basketball lifers and will do what makes them happy as long as he's paid the market rate. Oates parlayed the FF into a raise and DH will too but I can't see him becoming Ed Cooley Junior.

Reaction Score
your local Lexington native back on here, this is CHAOS. Praying Hurley tells UK to kick rocks. The rumor Is that Hurley has accepted and will announce it following the parade tomorrow and that Luke Murray will takeover.

I was floored to see Drew turn down the job after sending his family.
Kentucky fans on twitter aren’t sources

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How would the hayseeds on a Kentucky message board have any idea what Hurley was offered?

One thought on Kentucky publicly chasing coaches they have no chance of getting is that the UK Administration is setting up their army of idiots fan base for a hire they are really not going to like.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom