Big Blue Nation having a very normal Tuesday | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Big Blue Nation having a very normal Tuesday

Reaction Score
What would be worse for them would be if Squid took all of their current players who aren't hitting the draft and all of their recruits to Arkansas with him, them blew them out by 40 at Rupp.
Haha, yes that would be great too.

caw

Reaction Score
UK should contact Ollie, he outcoached/beat Calipari in 2014 and has just as many titles! LoL

Cal was previously the Nets coach also with a similar win percentage in the NBA...hmmm. lol

Reaction Score
We can laugh at their fanbase's posts, but I dont like our comments about how the citizens look, or how poor they are, or that they're all backwoods moonshiners or whatever. That's garbage.
It's booster/state uni $$$, not ours, or theirs. Let's keep this anxiety focused where it should be, on the programs.... despite what some on their board say.
I fairly certain any such reference is narrowly directed at the portion of their fan base that are absolutely wretched.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
IF he goes to the NBA?? He’s a projected top 5 pick, why wouldn’t he go? Calipari was just clueless how to use him.
He didn’t start Devin Booker either.

Reaction Score
You know what's odd as hell? All the BBN spammers telling him to come "home." Bitch he's from Jersey City Kentucky is about as opposite from "home" as Dan can get
Yeah, it's annoying as hell. The guy literally has zero connection to that state or any programs in that state. I don't even think he's set foot in Kentucky in his entire life.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it's annoying as hell. The guy literally has zero connection to that state or any programs in that state. I don't even think he's set foot in Kentucky in his entire life.
Given the widespread nature of the Kentucky fan base, a bunch of those BBN commenters also probably haven't set foot in Kentucky in their entire lives.

Reaction Score
Agreed, it's gross. Some of the nicest people you'll ever meet live down there and yes some of those awesome people don't have much money at all but their lives are rich and they'll give others the shirt off their back.

All true and fair but they are an incredibly toxic fanbase. I think they are unique. Surely due to the size of the fanbase - there are both more good and bad. But good Lord the bad are so bad and they are everywhere.

Reaction Score
The levels of misinformation about UConn, the Big East, basketball in general, life in general, geography, economics, and their so-called blueblood status is astounding.
1712800988770.gif

Reaction Score
Three of the eight championships came during the TRUMAN administration, and one came during the EISENHOWER administration. That's four championships before the US even put a man in orbit. Three of those championships came before the US had highways.

Reaction Score
Three of the eight championships came during the TRUMAN administration, and one came during the EISENHOWER administration. That's four championships before the US even put a man in orbit. Three of those championships came before the US had highways.
Plus, the NCAA didn't really surpass the NIT until 1951, when the NIT semi-imploded due to a huge point-shaving scandal, and the NCAA picked up the pieces and expanded to 16 teams. So, the first couple of Kentucky titles aren't clearly determinative of being the top college basketball team anyway. It's murky at that point.

Reaction Score
All true and fair but they are an incredibly toxic fanbase. I think they are unique. Surely due to the size of the fanbase - there are both more good and bad. But good Lord the bad are so bad and they are everywhere.
Rex Chapman case in point

Reaction Score
Plus, the NCAA didn't really surpass the NIT until 1951, when the NIT semi-imploded due to a huge point-shaving scandal, and the NCAA picked up the pieces and expanded to 16 teams. So, the first couple of Kentucky titles aren't clearly determinative of being the top college basketball team anyway. It's murky at that point.
So you're saying that Kentucky has four Helms-level championships and four legitimate championships. Double check my math here
6>4

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seems likely to end poorly. He's been in the SEC forever, but Kentucky is a national job. This is a Southern thing. He's not a Southerner. Maybe doesn't matter.
What mattters more is that he isn’t a great coach. He succeeded in a time when he was willing to live in a very dark grey area and had equally shady friends and perhaps a shoe company who enabled him. Nil neutralized Cal completely. it actually happened a bit before then when another prominent program started playing the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom