Big Blue Nation having a very normal Tuesday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big Blue Nation having a very normal Tuesday

Reaction Score
Then we'll put up 9m/year and he'll stay.

My gut is UK tops out around 13-15 million and that’s going to be tough to match. I’m in no way saying or implying DH will take it and leave. UK is desperate, and Mitch Barnhart knows he needs a big name coach or else he’ll be out of a job. scary

Reaction Score
UConn needs to double Hurley's salary tomorrow. He's the best coach in the sport and needs to be paid like it.

Reaction Score
My gut is UK tops out around 13-15 million and that’s going to be tough to match. I’m in no way saying or implying DH will take it and leave. UK is desperate, and Mitch Barnhart knows he needs a big name coach or else he’ll be out of a job. scary
I don't think they would offer more than that $11m mark. Dabo Swinney is the highest paid college coach in the country at $11.5m/year and I just don't see a school paying $13-15m for a basketball coach, not even Kentucky. If they went to $15m that would make Hurley earn $6m more per year over the next highest paid guy (Self) which is absolute insanity.

Reaction Score
I don't think they would offer more than that $11m mark. Dabo Swinney is the highest paid college coach in the country at $11.5m/year and I just don't see a school paying $13-15m for a basketball coach, not even Kentucky. If they went to $15m that would make Hurley earn $6m more per year over the next highest paid guy (Self) which is absolute insanity.

I have no idea if this is true but there were reports from some allegedly plugged in KY people that they offered Hurley 11 for 7.

Reaction Score

I hope you’re right but these people are nuts, desperate and rich ( the athletic department is anyway).

Reaction Score
200w (17).gif

Reaction Score
1. Reed is going to the nba
2. Dillingham is going to the nba
3. Karaban is a PF not SF
4. Thiero is a SF not PF
5. Clingan is going to the nba
6. It’s Jayden Quaintance not Quinatiance
7. Andre Johnson is a walk on player. He must mean Andre Jackson who is currently on the Bucks.

But other than that, imagine…

Reaction Score
Moderator at BBN seems to think that they are prepared to offer Hurley even more if he turns down the rumored $11M

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The buffoons think they're special. Too funny

Reaction Score
The way they keep getting stuck on “UConn can’t match that.” Obviously. But, it’s not an auction. You don’t get the coach by just offering the most money. UConn will make the numbers work the way they did last year with a respectable increase but more importantly- program support, staff salaries, etc. UConn fans should only consider the Kentucky talk as a humorous distraction.

Reaction Score
Moderator at BBN seems to think that they are prepared to offer Hurley even more if he turns down the rumored $11M

If that’s the kind of money they will offer, and he could actually push to 12 to 15 Million a year?

That might be hard to pass up. Thats ludicrous money. Its still not worth putting up with those lunatics….but you never know. I wouldn’t begrudged him at all for setting up generations of his family

At least uconn can make Murray the head coach

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The only area where we aren't a better situation than UK is money but I will be stunned if money alone would be enough to lure DH to Lexington.

Reaction Score
The only area where we aren't a better situation than UK is money but I will be stunned if money alone would be enough to lure DH to Lexington.
You go there, you aren’t building anything. For that kind of money, they aren’t going to wait 4 or 5 years, and potentially 70 plus million dollars, while a team and culture is developed.
Results will be demanded year one.

You almost take that job knowing you can never build what you did at uconn

But that an insane amount of $$$

Reaction Score
The way they keep getting stuck on “UConn can’t match that.” Obviously. But, it’s not an auction. You don’t get the coach by just offering the most money. UConn will make the numbers work the way they did last year with a respectable increase but more importantly- program support, staff salaries, etc. UConn fans should only consider the Kentucky talk as a humorous distraction.
College Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

Reaction Score
This move would only be financially motivated. Truth is, Hurley isn’t motivated by money. He wasn’t raised that way. Bob Sr turned down lucrative offers almost annually because of his loyalty to St. Anthony’s. I can’t imagine anyone close to Danny would encourage him to go. He knows what he has here. He loves how this fanbase embraced not just him, but Andrea and Andrew. I’d be shocked if he left. That said, I really want him to announce an extension asap.

Reaction Score
UK fans are apoplectic but if they are able to land Drew, this feels like a very strong hire. The fanbase’s wildly unrealistic expectations might be why so many folks were uninterested in the job….
That’s exactly why

They seem to think “backing up the Brinks truck” is just going to guarantee instant success.

It don’t work that way anymore

They are insane

Reaction Score
My brother had to move his family to Kentucky for a job. A good job. Lasted a year. They all hated it so much he gave his notice and was back in CT in a year. Some of the stories about the people, places, general culture were just wow. Just a different world and not in a good way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom