Big 12/Yormark | The Boneyard

Big 12/Yormark

Reaction Score
You gotta give it to this guy....he's creative as all get out. I think this univeral pro day is a fantastic idea and NFL Network televising it is icing on the cake. Can't think of a better recruiting advertisement other than winning a Natty.

Reaction Score
Seems more like a necessity now that Oklahoma and Texas will no longer be there to bring NFL eyes. Doubt the SEC, ACC or BIG follow.

Reaction Score
Outside the box thinking. I'm thinking there are more than enough athletes at the remaining Big 12 schools to call this a necessity. Like the OP said, the NFL network picked it up. In the snippet I read before the paywayll popped up it said, they were having a non football job fair for Big 12 athletes as well. Good stuff.

Reaction Score
I think it would be hard for the SEC and Big Ten but all the G5 conferences and FCS conferences should adopt this

Reaction Score
Another option for UCONN would be to host a regional combine at Excel Center/Rentschler. The Northeast is criminally under represented in FBS football and it would give these kids a nice forum where they wouldn't have to compete for attention with dudes from the SEC/B10/ACC. You could invite say 'Cuse, BC, perhaps Rutgers and then a host of FCS institutions like Maine, New Hapshire, URI, Dartmouth/Harvard/Yale/Princeton/Fordham/Sacred Heart/CCSU etc. Turn it into a week-long FootballFest, complete with clinics for kids, signings/appearances for coaches and players(NIL!).....make it like a jamboree thing. If it's big enough we could get TV coverage on NFLNET as well.

That could work wonders for us. :cool:

Reaction Score
Seems more like a necessity now that Oklahoma and Texas will no longer be there to bring NFL eyes. Doubt the SEC, ACC or BIG follow.
Players from those conferences have typically been on pro evaluators' radar since they were in high school, so that's why they won't follow. Their kids don't need the extra exposure. The B12 doesn't need to do this either because many of their athletes are from the Texas/FLA/GA/TN/OK area which is a hotbed of talent and where most of the star ranked prospects hail from anyway. Texas and OK moving to the SEC just move some chips from one stack to the other.

Our (northeast) kids, however, need as many eyes on as possible and more forums you can provide the better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom