Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux! | Page 34 | The Boneyard

Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux!

Reaction Score
It's understandable why there is hype surrounding Deion at Colorado, he's already bringing in a bunch of 4 star recruits and a couple 5 stars.

You brought up Mora, I don't see how he has anything to do with the hype surrounding Deion and Colorado.
I made a comparison to the obvious resumes and skillsets. It is done all the time. Not sure why you take offense to that.

Reaction Score
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

The ACC is never adding WVU.
People seem to forget the ACC is an academic snob conference before they added Louisville over us. WVU simply doesn't fit their model, which is why WVU is in the B12.

Reaction Score
I also think B12 all suddenly got greedy, and now they are shooting for the moon for Oregon and Washington. They need to realize these schools aren't interested in the B12. In other words, the B12 really needs a reality check where they stand in the world of conferences. Majority if not all the PAC schools aren't interested in the B12 or they would have taken a bunch when Larry Scott was the commissioner. They were only interested in Texas for the most part, and OU to a lesser part due to OU's academic.

Hopefully, the B12 will come back to reality and realizes that UConn is by far the best add for the conference. They will take a few days before they come back to earth after the Colorado high.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
At this point, my hope is Oregon, Washington, Cal, and Stanford somehow keep the Arizona schools in line and get the PAC-9 to hold it together long enough to get a media deal. After that, I hope the PAC-9 expands with SDSU, SMU, Tulane/UNLV. The only thing that can screw this up is if B1G decides to take Oregon and Washington now. I am hoping that's not the case because media companies aren't willing to pony up additional $200M just for those 2 schools. Phil Knight isn't interested in the B12. He wants the B1G for Oregon. Hopefully, the new PAC-12 can hold it together for a few years before B1G makes their next move and take Oregon, Washington, Cal, and Stanford.

The above scenario is our best chance to be #14 for the B12.
The only way the Big10 takes Washington and Oregon is if the PAC falls apart. They do not want to be seen as the group that destroyed the PAC (they were, of course). If the Big12 takes anymore schools, it may happen. I do believe that they want those 2, but have so many reasons to wait, not being seen as the bad guys is one of them.

If the rumors are true that it was originally USC and Oregon that approached the Big10 and the TV partners wanted UCLA instead, that tells me they wIll get Oregon eventually. It also tells me that the TV partners do not want the PAC to survive. They pulled the LA market out from the PAC to hurt their chances to get a good contract.

I also don’t think Arizona or anybody else will bolt until the contract is announced. That’s one of the reasons why George is taking so long; to hold the conference together as long as he can hoping a knight in linear armor will swoop in and save the day. The schools left want to stay together (unless the Big10 calls) and will grasp at any straw to do so.

Reaction Score
The only way the Big10 takes Washington and Oregon is if the PAC falls apart. They do not want to be seen as the group that destroyed the PAC (they were, of course). If the Big12 takes anymore schools, it may happen. I do believe that they want those 2, but have so many reasons to wait, not being seen as the bad guys is one of them.

If the rumors are true that it was originally USC and Oregon that approached the Big10 and the TV partners wanted UCLA instead, that tells me they wIll get Oregon eventually. It also tells me that the TV partners do not want the PAC to survive. They pulled the LA market out from the PAC to hurt their chances to get a good contract.

I also don’t think Arizona or anybody else will bolt until the contract is announced. That’s one of the reasons why George is taking so long; to hold the conference together as long as he can hoping a knight in linear armor will swoop in and save the day. The schools left want to stay together (unless the Big10 calls) and will grasp at any straw to do so.
I don't buy this "B1G doesn't want to be seen as destroying the PAC" argument

These are all big boys with their big boy pants on. It's strictly business. They have a duty to do the best thing for their members. They aren't going to care about what happens to another conference if they get what they want.

dayooper

Reaction Score

These are all big boys with their big boy pants on. It's strictly business. They have a duty to do the best thing for their members. They aren't going to care about what happens to another conference if they get what they want.
They do care about their perception. The Big10 prides itself on it’s an academic reputation and hurting their like minded academic peers of the PAC hurts that reputation. It’s all a curtain, but it’s what the presidents of the universities want. That’s their job, perception and fund raising.

Reaction Score
They do care about their perception. The Big10 prides itself on it’s an academic reputation and hurting their like minded academic peers of the PAC hurts that reputation. It’s all a curtain, but it’s what the presidents of the universities want. That’s their job, perception and fund raising.
Yeah not buying it. These people are just cutthroat business people and glorified politicians like any other industry. They just happen to work for a school and not a corporation.

Reaction Score
Michigan lost the opportunity to appear to be above the fray when it actively lobbied against Michigan State joining. Get over yourselves

Reaction Score

100% true, and also anyone with a brain knows already that it's the Big Ten that will have caused the death. The fatal poisoning was the taking of USC and UCLA. How far the body travels before it ultimately dies from the poison really doesn't matter.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
People seem to forget the ACC is an academic snob conference before they added Louisville over us. WVU simply doesn't fit their model, which is why WVU is in the B12.

And after completely caking its pants by adding Louisville, the ACC is never going to make a mistake like that again.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
pat forde reporting mid major schools like uconn would NOT receive a full share from tv networks if invited to the big 12.

makes sense as those schools have little to no value and are non-p5 for a reason.

can finally put the uconn nonsense to bed.

Vince Carter Basketball GIF by NBA

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
100% true, and also anyone with a brain knows already that it's the Big Ten that will have caused the death. The fatal poisoning was the taking of USC and UCLA. How far the body travels before it ultimately dies from the poison really doesn't matter.
Big XII finds the poisoned PAC, drags it out of bed and "borrows" its Ferrari. Meanwhile, "Save The Big XII" T-Shirts become a hot item because of a rumor that it passed out at an ice cream shop.
ferris buellers day off ugh GIF

Reaction Score

Exactly. The B1G was happy to bathe in the PAC's blood when it meant taking USC and UCLA. Let's get real here.

Reaction Score
I was just going off of radio commentary. WV is in Big 12 because they were offered prior to ACC offering Louisville

dayooper

Reaction Score
Michigan lost the opportunity to appear to be above the fray when it actively lobbied against Michigan State joining. Get over yourselves
OK? Not sure who cares about MSU’s struggle to get into the Big10, why Michigan should not have wanted them in and what it says about the current state of the Big10 presidents view of perception, but go ahead and carry on. I can give you more info on Michigan’s ability to be part of the fray. Let’s go back to 1907 when the Big10 kicked out Michigan for not following the Big10 rules. I never once said the Big10 didn’t kill the PAC. Or when Bo Schembechler (and Woody Hayes if OSU) would offer players schollies just to keep them away from other Big10 schools. In fact I basically said they did. My point is that perception is everything to these university presidents. Just like a politician that says one thing and does the opposite, university presidents do the same.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Lmfao @ B1G purposed nobility in this. Hey we only took the two biggest brands from the PAC, the 3rd biggest brand from the Big12, an ACC founding member , and took the 2nd to last flagship U from the Big East.

We haven't done anything!

dayooper

Reaction Score
Lmfao @ B1G purposed nobility in this. Hey we only took the two biggest brands from the PAC, the 3rd biggest brand from the Big12, an ACC founding member , and took the 2nd to last flagship U from the Big East.

Absolutely! I’m a Big10 fan and they’re holier than thou attitude drives me crazy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

And the SEC savaged the Big XII. Arkansas, Missouri, Texas A&M, UT and OU. If you put everything back, we'd have 5-6 fairly level conferences. Some would be better in some years, but the SEC and B1G wouldn't stand out like they do now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom