Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux! | Page 31 | The Boneyard

Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux!

Reaction Score
Have you guys also noticed how the narrative has changed today? It was always Colorado and then UConn. Now that Colorado is joining the Big 12 the twitter idiots don't mention UConn, slight/bash UConn, and pretend all of the Pac 12 is joining the Big 12.
It's as if people didn't realize that if Colorado leaves then the PAC must be screwed. Zero foresight.

Reaction Score
The notion that we can't compete against the big 12 in basketball is ludicrous
Not my notion. As I said DH is the man for the job and I truly believe he could be successful in any conference. But we won't be 1A in the B12 and that's meaningful

Reaction Score
It's as if people didn't realize that if Colorado leaves then the PAC must be screwed. Zero foresight.
It's shocking, some of these people do this for a living.

Reaction Score
Colorado is athletically inconsequential.
For now. Major university and access to the Denver media market. Oh, weren't they in national contention 30 years ago? Look, Nebraska is in the Big10 and they barely have a market in Omaha

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
For now. Major university and access to the Denver media market. Oh, weren't they in national contention 30 years ago? Look, Nebraska is in the Big10 and they barely have a market in Omaha
They were inconsequential in the Big12. Were inconsequential in the PAC. But surely they will be consequential in the Big12.

They are not a death nell to the Pac.

Reaction Score
They were inconsequential in the Big12. Were inconsequential in the PAC. But surely they will be consequential in the Big12.

The canary stopped breathing years ago. The conference is a zombie right now. There's no one to add, no media deal on the horizon, and the best programs left (UCLA-USC) or will be gone 5 years or fewer. The Colorado just a flesh wound.

Reaction Score
Of course that made the UConn to the Big 12 less likely a catch 22 of sorts
The plan was the PAC staying together but Colorado leaving . Thot certainly was a long shot but is was our best chance in years .
To be honest I wznted the ACC to grab us preemptively. I live for basketball but I’m a financial guy and the numbers don’t lie. Think about where the Big East would be without us ,coming with Georgetown down and Villanova looking for a new identity. .. Their prospects weren’t that rosy .

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

What? They won a football national championship in 1990! Inconsequential? Are you people taking crazy pills? In basketball they have the #23 ranked recruiting class coming in this year. They are improving. Tournament team this year Is my prediction.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
What? They won a football national championship in 1990! Inconsequential? Are you people taking crazy pills? In basketball they have the #23 ranked recruiting class coming in this year. They are improving. Tournament team this year Is my prediction.
You seriously pushing their basketball? They’ve been ranked like 5 times at the end of a season in 120 years. Can we ge this sort of benefit of the doubt?

And 1990 was 35 years ago. They’ve done nothing of consequence for most of our lives.

Reaction Score
The nice thing about being Charlie Brown is acceptance. Lucy provides no hope. The football is nothing but a void. We will still run towards the ball, failure all but inevitable. There is no longer any belief that Lucy can change. Nothing changes. We rear up, swinging our foot. The ball eludes us. We fall on our back, again. Staring at the sky, feeling nothing; neither disappointment, nor hope.

One must imagine Charlie Brown happy.

Reaction Score
You seriously pushing their basketball? They’ve been ranked like 5 times at the end of a season in 120 years. Can we ge this sort of benefit of the doubt?

And 1990 was 35 years ago. They’ve done nothing of consequence for most of our lives.
They aren't irrelevant or inconsequential like an Oregon State or Washington State are. But they certainly aren't a "move the needle" kind of school.

Reaction Score
A quarter century plus 8 years ago. It didn't happen.

Ever wonder how everyone in the nation assumes Deion with turn them around in the blink of an eyelash? WTF? UConn's guy has more than twice the credentials as Deion. Sheesh!!!

Reaction Score
any announcement needs to drop like tomorrow or we are just getting used as bait and Yomack’s trolling for more big fish. Not liking where we sit unless there is an agreement in place and we are part of the bait package… can’t see that though.

Reaction Score
any announcement needs to drop like tomorrow or we are just getting used as bait and Yomack’s trolling for more big fish. Not liking where we sit unless there is an agreement in place and we are part of the bait package… can’t see that though.
because? Here's a guarantee. Its not happening tomorrow.

Reaction Score

Ever wonder how everyone in the nation assumes Deion with turn them around in the blink of an eyelash? WTF? UConn's guy has more than twice the credentials as Deion. Sheesh!!!
Talent is a big part of it, Deion's bringing a lot of it to Boulder. I'm a big fan of UConn's guy but he isn't bringing in nearly as much talent as Deion is.

Reaction Score
Talent is a big part of it, Deion's bringing a lot of it to Boulder. I'm a big fan of UConn's guy but he isn't bringing in nearly as much talent as Deion is.
I was initially very skeptical he could succeed at Colorado, but now that they're back in the Big 12 I've done a 180. He can do real damage in a Texas-centric conference with the connections he has there.

Reaction Score
Yormark is trying to get the Arizona schools to go to 16. But if one Arizona school moves the entire PAC may collapse. Where do Washington and Oregon go if the B1G doesn't offer?? Going to be interesting.

Reaction Score
I just want to be in a position to cement UConn’s position as dominate BB program and top 25-50 FB program.

Always competing for tourney and NC’s on the court and getting into fb playoffs and national conversation every few years. Basically what we had before the rug was pulled out from under us a little over a decade ago.
I fully agree with the basketball part, but I would be perfectly happy with the football program just being in the 25-50 range and winning like 8 games a season.

Reaction Score
Yormark is trying to get the Arizona schools to go to 16. But if one Arizona school moves the entire PAC may collapse. Where do Washington and Oregon go if the B1G doesn't offer?? Going to be interesting.

What happened to "if Colorado goes UConn is in"?

Reaction Score

I'm one of those guys that isn't willing to bet against Deion. He can recruit with the best of them, brings a ton of attention and eyeballs to the program, and he easily built a powerhouse at Jackson State. Will he get CU to national championship level? I'm not sure, but I believe he can definitely get them into an expanded playoff consistently out of the Big 12.

Reaction Score
It hasn't changed. But if you can entice the Arizona schools to come along, you do it. Utah is the one that is getting screwed.
Does the Big 12 think they can land Oregon and Washington now? I sense a lot of arrogance with some B12 fans today because of the Colorado announcement. Some B12 fans are now thinking B12 can land Oregon and Washington.

I certainly hope Yormark is smarter than those fans. UCONN would give B12 access to the Northeast market. B12 just getting more eyeballs in the PST won't help with its national footprint.

Reaction Score
Washington and Oregon have not even been discussed as going to the Big XII until this afternoon. Most people find it highly unlikely. The Big XII would have to take them because they lost UT and OU (and Nebraska and A&M before that) so they are light on big name football. But that’s not where those schools want to end up.
Are tjey signing a GOR with the Big12? I highly doubt it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom