Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux! | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux!

Reaction Score
For the most well connected Big 12 writer you’d think he’d listen to what Yormark says before writing an incorrect dissertation on Twitter.

Agreed, Kobe and Barry for that matter have not been paying attention to what Yormark has been saying.

This round of expansion is not just about football driving the bus, but understanding where to maximize potential future media deals and opening up bigger media markets.

All of the negative sentiment comes from people that are behind the paradigm shift of college athletic media deals.

Yormark is taking an outside of the box approach and the Big 12 in the end might be the blue print for future conference expansion.

Reaction Score
You think they are going to move the Big 12 tournament to MSG because of us?
The Big 12 may rotate the tournament, but it will remain in Kansas City the majority of the time. Once you've been to it, you'll understand why.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
UConn fans who want to stay Big East are cool with the small regional rivalries. I get it to some degree and I was really excited to go back for basketball. But this is not sustainable long term.

I believe the plan is to get UConn in now since we have no GOR to start the eastern wing of Big 12. Then I when the ACC GOR exported ACC wil be picked apart by the last three major conferences.

Pitt, Louisville, Syracuse, and NC state will jump at the chance as soon as they can. If we don’t go now we won’t have a good spot when the music stops.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
They know. It's just twisting reality to prop up their argument.

I do not care what we do but it's funny seeing how much lying by omission and general ignorance there is whenever this topic comes up.

I agree those are great locations for games but we can still schedule them OCC as well as other local teams. We have done it before and will do it again if everyone handles this with grace.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 may rotate the tournament, but it will remain in Kansas City the majority of the time. Once you've been to it, you'll understand why.
Feel free to elaborate.
Yep, I think it's going to happen, too, and the naysayers are going to be mindblown.
If we go it's a big win for DB who probably is the central player with maybe an assist from Hurley. Or Hurley Sr.? Not sure either would be against it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

IMG_9550.jpeg

Reaction Score
The most well connected Big 12 writer from the Oklahoman seconds my beliefs that church league members like UConn simply do not move the needle and have no support from the universities.

Geezus, less is more...

You made one funny church league comment months ago and now you're blasting all the boards with it over and over again. Get some new material because this ain't it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The most well connected Big 12 writer from the Oklahoman seconds my beliefs that church league members like UConn simply do not move the needle and have no support from the universities.

Lol, after picking up four schools off the day-old bread rack, Yormark probably feels like he needs to add a little more star power to the league. what are you guys getting paid again? $.50 on the dollar, $.10 on the dollar? Well, it was nice the rest of the league scrounged around the couch cushions and found a little something to give you.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
We would revive the ACC's northern half in both FB and BB by way more than we would boost any other conference. It's negligent that they haven't made a strong offer this off season. BC, Pitt, and Cuse games would actually be attractive to media partners again. The ACC tournament in NYC would actually outdraw the BET. The ACC could split N/S for FB and make the southern FB schools happy be giving them an extra OOC game by going to an 8 game conference schedule. Even ND would like it. UConn would take less from the ACC than it would from the B12.
ACC is not taking us for a long time if ever. They have no monetary reason to and to many of those schools would object because they know we would pass them quickly.

Also why leave money on the table until the GOR ends for ACC. They are not expanding until then and only when they are dismantled. When the GOR ends we can reevaluate but I think what you find left will be a skeleton carcass of a conference.

Reaction Score
We would revive the ACC's northern half in both FB and BB by way more than we would boost any other conference. It's negligent that they haven't made a strong offer this off season. BC, Pitt, and Cuse games would actually be attractive to media partners again. The ACC tournament in NYC would actually outdraw the BET. The ACC could split N/S for FB and make the southern FB schools happy be giving them an extra OOC game by going to an 8 game conference schedule. Even ND would like it. UConn would take less from the ACC than it would from the B12.
There has been nothing keeping the ACC from inviting us for a almost a dozen years. They have pro-rata in their contract for any addition. Sometimes you have to face the fact she's just not that into you.

Reaction Score
Man F *** that ACC Noise. The Big 12 is out there making moves for the future. Focus your energies on that.The ACC is just biding its time until it can disband. They don’t want UConn now, and if they ever do in the future it will because they need you more than you need them. Some of you guys need to move on because they did long ago.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Lol, after picking up four schools off the day-old bread rack, Yormark probably feels like he needs to add a little more star power to the league. what are you guys getting paid again? $.50 on the dollar, $.10 on the dollar? Well, it was nice the rest of the league scrounged around the couch cushions and found a little something to give you.
will be praying for you tomorrow in church.

cincinnati will be receiving a full share in ‘25 which will be nearly quadruple the church league and are a very important add to the big 12.

numbers don’t lie and everyone can see how poorly rated any big east game is on fox. doesn’t bode well for future tv negotiations.

reality is slowing setting among the mid majors that they are so far behind and will never catch up, this is why uconn media members and boosters are talking to any one who will listen trying to convince themselves that the big 12 is interested in them.

again, prayers to you and your family. you will need it.

Reaction Score
With addition of Colorado and UConn, B12 will have 4 state flagship universities in UConn, Colorado, Kansas, and West Virginia. These are UConn's peers at the state level.

Cincy will always be the second rated school in the state of Ohio.
Right there with Toledo, Dayton, Cleveland State, and Miami of Ohio

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yet none of those schools have played in a NY6, CFP nor are in a P5. Cincinnati is in no different of a position in-state than a Michigan State. Also, ignore kobe the guy is clearly a troll.
I think there's a bit of a difference. I'd wager a good portion (at least 20%) of Cincinnati's student body are Buckeye fans, not even closet ones.

Reaction Score
will be praying for you tomorrow in church.

cincinnati will be receiving a full share in ‘25 which will be nearly quadruple the church league and are a very important add to the big 12.

numbers don’t lie and everyone can see how poorly rated any big east game is on fox. doesn’t bode well for future tv negotiations.

reality is slowing setting among the mid majors that they are so far behind and will never catch up, this is why uconn media members and boosters are talking to any one who will listen trying to convince themselves that the big 12 is interested in them.

again, prayers to you and your family. you will need it.
What are Cincy’s TV ratings?

Reaction Score
What’s desperate is if this invite ever does come,and I’m definitely not holding my breath, and then we have to eat our hat with a cut rate deal for 5 -10 years , that all your media dollar prognostications that are made in these threads are going to look hilarious. Because if ( and again, that’s a huge IF) it does come I would lay serious odds that it isn’t as a full share member. And then you all be saying “ well 17 million is better , we’ve got to take it”. Lulz.

1689477505355.gif

Reaction Score
What’s desperate is if this invite ever does come,and I’m definitely not holding my breath, and then we have to eat our hat with a cut rate deal for 5 -10 years , that all your media dollar prognostications that are made in these threads are going to look hilarious. Because if ( and again, that’s a huge IF) it does come I would lay serious odds that it isn’t as a full share member. And then you all be saying “ well 17 million is better , we’ve got to take it”. Lulz.
But is 17 million not better than 4.5? They will have to likely scale in to a full share. Still better than anything than will ever come from the BE, but i too remain not convinced that offer is ever coming. It leaked too early for nothing to have happened already.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
But is 17 million not better than 4.5? They will have to likely scale in to a full share. Still better than anything than will ever come from the BE, but i too remain not convinced that offer is ever coming. It leaked too early for nothing to have happened already.
Yormark isn’t going to announce the additions piecemeal. He’s waiting on Colorado and Colorado is waiting on the PAC to present the media numbers first. Colorado doesn’t want to look like the bad guys that would’ve given the pac a crappier deal. The crappy deal will give Colorado an out.

If for some reason Colorado stays in the pac I think there’s a good shot that Yorkmark will pull the trigger and add UConn solo to take us off the table.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom