Big 12 Conference Tournament: | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big 12 Conference Tournament:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I just saw that Brandon Schneider at Kansas was given a 4 year extension…so in his first 6 years he was 61-115 with a conference record of 14-94. This year he went 20-8 and 11-7 in 5th in Big 12. Why extend him 4 years vs. 2 years? It’s not like anyone will be beating a path to his house to hire him away.
I mean, didn't they extend him a few years ago despite basically doing nothing? I guess his AD really likes him.

Reaction Score
I just saw that Brandon Schneider at Kansas was given a 4 year extension…so in his first 6 years he was 61-115 with a conference record of 14-94. This year he went 20-8 and 11-7 in 5th in Big 12. Why extend him 4 years vs. 2 years? It’s not like anyone will be beating a path to his house to hire him away.
Some AD's dont want to be bothered.... talking from personal experience.

Reaction Score
Iowa State beats West Virginia 66-60.
Entertaining game. West Virginia was impressive clawing back into the game after being 20+ points down early in the game. Emily Ryan really stood out to me too. Her composure is what impresses me the most when she's in a groove.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Apparently, WVU's Niblack did not play today (coach's decision); tough way to end the season.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Entertaining game. West Virginia was impressive clawing back into the game after being 20+ points down early in the game. Emily Ryan really stood out to me too. Her composure is what impresses me the most when she's in a groove.
I didn't get to watch the game. Stats say Ryan had 5 turnovers; 18 total for ISU.

Reaction Score
Ryan is one of the more underrated PGs nationally.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Texas hangs on for a 72-65 win over Kansas State. Had a 13 point lead in the second quarter which KSU trimmed down to 5 points as the half ended. In the second half, had a 61-45 lead with 8 minutes left in the game.

That is Texas' 9th Q1 win of the season. A win over ISU tomorrow means 10 Q1 wins, and would be our 4th win over NET Top 10 teams (albeit 3 against ISU).

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Joens gets all the recognition and publicity (deservedly so), but Ryan and Donarski were also on the Big 12 First Team.

Fennelly said after the game that he wants all 3 of them playing 40 minutes a game.

Reaction Score
I didn't get to watch the game. Stats say Ryan had 5 turnovers; 18 total for ISU.
Turnovers helps to explain how West Virginia was able to stay in the game. The stats don't help to explain how she performed last night. Yes, she had 5 turnovers, but she also had 6 assists, 14 points and 5 rebounds.

Edit Inadvertent click.

What impressed me in this game is that she didn't lose her composure, like she has in other games when the defense was aggressive. She found a way to help keep the team ahead while West Virginia made their comeback attempt. This could be a good sign for ISU if she repeats this today.

Reaction Score
There better be a replay of Ny'Lssa Smith's dad making that half court shot going viral. Damn!

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Joens gets all the recognition and publicity (deservedly so), but Ryan and Donarski were also on the Big 12 First Team.

Fennelly said after the game that he wants all 3 of them playing 40 minutes a game.

I bet he does. He doesn't really have more than one player coming off the bench who can fill in at a high level against strong teams.

Reaction Score
So, FS1 and FS2 did better than the BIG 12 making conference tourney games readily available to their fans?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
So, FS1 and FS2 did better than the BIG 12 making conference tourney games readily available to their fans?
ESPN is too busy showing the men's tournaments. ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU have the men on. They don't give a darn about the women's unless it's the finals now that the men are playing their tournaments.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
ESPN is too busy showing the men's tournaments. ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU have the men on. They don't give a darn about the women's unless it's the finals now that the men are playing their tournaments.
Big 12 holding their women's conference tournament in conjunction with all the men's conference tournaments is just unthinkable. Last weekend, didn't ESPN broadcast the semi-finals of several women's conference tournaments (SEC, B1G, ACC)?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
OU's Skylar Vann, injured in game today.

Reaction Score
OU's Skylar Vann, injured in game today.

I missed what happened but the OU coach was not happy at all. Led to a heated conversation between the coaches though.

Reaction Score
I missed what happened but the OU coach was not happy at all. Led to a heated conversation between the coaches though.
OU coach got on the floor to try to help her player and touched queen Egbo and that got Nicki Collen mad and that’s why there was an argument

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom