Big 12 Conference Tournament: | The Boneyard

Big 12 Conference Tournament:

Reaction Score
Baylor with a chance of a one seed with a championship.
Iowa State and or Texas with a shot at a two seed
Even Oklahoma with an outside chance at a two seed.

Much is on line here

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Should Iowa State meet Texas in the semis or Baylor in the finals, they have the most to prove IMO, to themselves and others. Getting blown out twice by both Texas and Baylor does not inspire confidence. Need to prove with they can at least compete with teams who aren't the best matchups for them style wise.

Reaction Score
Should Iowa State meet Texas in the semis or Baylor in the finals, they have the most to prove IMO, to themselves and others. Getting blown out twice by both Texas and Baylor does not inspire confidence. Need to prove with they can at least compete with teams who aren't the best matchups for them style wise.
They have to win the tournament for sure. Their challenges at the post position is a huge weak spot.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I didn't realize the committee was releasing the bracket on Sunday evening instead of the typical Monday evening.

Wonder if the committee will actually factor in Sunday's championship result or just keep intact the bracket they have from prior to the game.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize the committee was releasing the bracket on Sunday evening instead of the typical Monday evening.

Wonder if the committee will actually factor in Sunday's championship result or just keep intact the bracket they have from prior to the game.

I think we'll know a lot by Sunday's championship game, as at least two of Texas, Iowa State, Baylor, and Oklahoma will have lost by then. Oklahoma has a must win against Kansas if they want to continue hosting in the quarterfinals.

Reaction Score

They should delay til Monday like the AP has done for one vs two Monday matchups IF THEY ARE CLOSE TO CONSIDERING BAYLOR A ONE SEED.

Reaction Score

Usually in that situation, which also happens for the men, it's just a couple scenarios. Basically by that point they know enough to say X if Baylor wins, Y if Iowa State wins.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

It's pretty much always been this way for the men's bracket, which has typically been released just mere hours after the end of conference tournament play. Supposedly they work up various contingency brackets in advance of the final results.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme just said at halftime of the UCF/USF game that, assuming Texas and Iowa State meet in the semis, he predicts the winner will be a 2-seed and the loser will be a 3-seed.

Reaction Score
Punch Iowa State in the mouth and they'll blink. Fun team to watch but they'll lose every rock fight.
Iowa St is a good team but its clear to me they will struggle against teams that truly play hard defensively. Their bread and butter is hitting all those 3's. If you give them uncontested looks and they get on a roll, you are in trouble. But if you play hard on the defensive end, its a very very different team, one that is beatable.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
They should delay til Monday like the AP has done for one vs two Monday matchups IF THEY ARE CLOSE TO CONSIDERING BAYLOR A ONE SEED.
Not….gonna….happen…. They will have a contingency plan in place based on the 2 finalists to adjust the bracket accordingly. Don’t over think this.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Oklahoma beats Kansas. I'm guessing that secures OU as a Top 16 seed (one of the #4's).

Reaction Score
Baylor with a shut out in the first quarter. 23-0 Baylor
I can see why OSU is making a coaching change. Of course their star player is now at Baylor and Mack is gone.

Baylor is a very experienced team with good players. Dangerous come tourney time.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I can't understand why Baylor had the second game of the quarterfinals. Every tournament that I've watched the #1 seed always had the first quarterfinals game. That is the benefit that the 1 seed gets the extra rest between games.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I can't understand why Baylor had the second game of the quarterfinals. Every tournament that I've watched the #1 seed always had the first quarterfinals game. That is the benefit that the 1 seed gets the extra rest between games.
That's a recent change for the Big 12 men and women. Perhaps the coaches decided playing the 11 AM game was more of a disadvantage (being so early).

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I've noticed that quite a few of the conference tournaments are scheduling this way in the quarterfinals, with the #1 seed playing second. Perhaps some felt that they'd rather be able to sleep in a little.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I just saw that Brandon Schneider at Kansas was given a 4 year extension…so in his first 6 years he was 61-115 with a conference record of 14-94. This year he went 20-8 and 11-7 in 5th in Big 12. Why extend him 4 years vs. 2 years? It’s not like anyone will be beating a path to his house to hire him away.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom