Beware of the Casual Fan | The Boneyard

Beware of the Casual Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

With the popularity of going out and watching tournament games, please be aware of the Casual Fan. I had one guy tell me the UConn Women’s team could beat a lot of Men’s D1 teams in the tournament. Chief said do you know Geno's Teams practice against former male HS players, so the games will be easier than practice. These former HS men’s players were not offered D1 scholarships.

I went home after that.

Reaction Score
With the popularity of going out and watching tournament games, please be aware of the Casual Fan. I had one guy tell me the UConn Women’s team could beat a lot of Men’s D1 teams in the tournament. Chief said do you know Geno's Teams practice against former male HS players, so the games will be easier than practice. These former HS men’s players were not offered D1 scholarships.

I went home after that.
Did you walk out on the bill? Or is the bill always taken care of when Chief goes out?

Reaction Score
The chief is not handed a bill in UConn country. Word gets out he is there and they really hope for a positive assessment or brief. His Yelp reviews are famous. We won’t go out to a place that gets a bad review from Chief. Amex has inquired about partnership or sponsorship but due to anonymity issues it was a non starter.

Reaction Score
Men’s sports under water. They are great ambassadors of the brand and fantastic people and hard workers, and I’d hire em and everything else.... but ... men’s sports under water.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
They'd be blown out worse than a KO coached men's team. Unless they played a KO coached mens team.

Reaction Score

I went home after that.

While I am on your side with the stupidity of the women’s can beat the men nonsense, what’s your obsession with calling people casual fans? The casual fan is vitally imprortant to UConn, like it or not.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I went home after that.

Chief...we need to win back the casual fan. You've should have stayed and educated, no matter how distasteful.

C

Chief00

Chief...we need to win back the casual fan. You've should have stayed and educated, no matter how distasteful.
You’re right - but it’s been a long week - lots of snow, lots of work and the UConn MBB team isn’t dancing. The Ollie thing is necessary but sad.

C

Chief00

Thanks for the warning. I saw several of them today at lunch at the sports bar. Their discussions were comical at best. But, I gave them a pass because as Casual Fans, it really isn't their fault.
Continue to do that - we need them in UConn Nation - and to fill the First Night seat Chief won’t be in - for TV optics

C

Chief00

Casual fans are so dumb they don't even understand how you can be in Michigan and Connecticut at the same time.
NBA players plan’s change constantly LOL
Par for the course.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I know next to nothing about basketball but common sense tells me a below average D3 men’s team would murder the chicks.

A good mens high school team with size destorys the UConn women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom