Better take a nap, Monday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Better take a nap, Monday

Reaction Score
I'm in Spain - it starts at 3:20am. At least the Alabama game was Saturday (late late ) night. This is going to kill my Tuesday work day.

I'm counting on getting through it on a 6th NCAA tournament championship high.

Doomed

Where in Spain? I watched the 2014 championship from a dumpy Airbnb in Seville.

Reaction Score
I'm in Japan. Game starts at 10:20 AM. Luckily I work from home these days.
Where is Japan? My family lived in Tokyo while I was at UConn from 1988 to 1991. My first semester of university was actually at temple univ Tokyo in the spring semester of 1989.

Reaction Score
Where is Japan? My family lived in Tokyo while I was at UConn from 1988 to 1991. My first semester of university was actually at temple univ Tokyo in the spring semester of 1989.
Ah, that's neat. I live in Hyogo, pretty much right between Kobe and Osaka.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
We're leaving at 7am to head up to Burlington, VT for the eclipse.
Then drive home after so a late start is probably the best thing for us today on our long day of driving and dealing with crowds.

Reaction Score
If UConn wins (Don’t want to say when [Doomed!]), I won’t be as tired Tuesday. If they lose (which they shouldn’t [Doomed!]), will be getting a large coffee on my way to work.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Nice to be old and retired.
You got that right. I turn 73 in a couple of weeks. Between the girls and guys late game. I am surprised I made it through. Shocked actually. It's important to cater to our west coast audience.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We're leaving at 7am to head up to Burlington, VT for the eclipse.
Then drive home after so a late start is probably the best thing for us today on our long day of driving and dealing with crowds.
Have fun.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You got that right. I turn 73 in a couple of weeks. Between the girls and guys late game. I am surprised I made it through. Shocked actually. It's important to cater to our west coast audience.
It's not, the timing of the end of the game so much, but the fact that one way or the other I'm going to be too wired to go to sleep. Still, it's a good problem to have.

Star Wars Doom GIF

Reaction Score
Ah, that's neat. I live in Hyogo, pretty much right between Kobe and Osaka.
I miss Tokyo - but even back then a simple draft beer was about $10. As a poor college student that was very restricting. For the same reason, I also wasn't able to travel around Japan much. I accompanied my sister to Osaka on a modeling gig. That's pretty much it.

But I've heard once you get out of the big cities, the cost of living in Japan can be pretty reasonable.

Reaction Score
Living in east Asia in 2014, didn’t sleep much during local night time leading to 9:xx AM tip off, planned to go to work but so wired post-game I just never left home. Pre-WFH, jubilant illness day.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure the 1999 championship game ended at 11:18. It's etched in my mind.
I almost passed out that night. Have no idea what time it was. The most surreal feeling ever.

Reaction Score
I almost passed out that night. Have no idea what time it was. The most surreal feeling ever.
I was at that one. These days I’m five hours behind trying to not wake up the entire neighbourhood from a northern England terraced house.

Reaction Score
In Phoenix for 6:20 pm scheduled tip-off.
[Mojo filter off]
After the game we'll bus back to our hotel, arriving around 10-10:30.
The team and trophy will arrive close to a mile away at the team's hotel probably around 11-11:30. It will be hard to avoid this. Usually a couple hundred fans attend. Yes, 'usually'. How lucky are we?
Have a couple there and cheer during Sports Center. Ceremonies will last an or hour or so. Back to our hotel by 1:00 am earliest.
Sleep if we can for 3:30 wake-up or more likely sleeplessly drink and cheer for duration and take 4:00 taxi to airport for 6:30 first flight leg back to CT consisting of wildly vivid dreams of joy.
Gladly.
[Mojo filter on]

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
with a scheduled 9:20 pm EDT, and probably a 9:30 or so tip off, it's a given that the game will not get over until well after midnight. I realize that the game is in Phoenix, western time zone, and there is a time difference, but this is the National Championship game. There will be a lot of dvr'ng of the game, I guess.
By who? What CT fan in their right mind would DVR this game?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Three late nights this last weekend so I’m dragging right now at work. I need to rally.

Incidentally if any of you maniacs were at Wrestlemania in Philly last night wearing a 1999 UConn Championship hat, that was me that said “Love that hat” while walking up the stairs…

Reaction Score
Even though we're supposed to get a 97% eclipse here, it's forecast to be very cloudy. And I've seen a couple, so I wouldn't feel bad sleeping through it.
I don’t get the eclipse hysteria. Doesn’t It get dark every night?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom