Best wings in CT | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Best wings in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was at J. Timothy's just the other night. Their Dirty Wings were among the best I've had. It's a real treat every time I go there. if it weren't so far from where I live I would frequent J. Tim's more often.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Nothing beats Archie Moore's. Nothing. J tim's are second. And for me (and probably me only) Hooters are third. I love breaded wings and their breading is delicious.
Sliders is best Wings in CT.
J Tims has one wing (double dirt) that is best win but that is it.
Archie Moore is distant 3rd, 4th.
BDub better than AM

Reaction Score
if willing to venture 1 town out of CT, the wings at Q in Port Chester are amazing. smoked to perfection. cool place, great BBQ. only negative is owner is a Cuse grad, but he's surprisingly a great guy and rightly so has the utmost respect for UCONN.

Reaction Score
Best neighborhood is that in plainville. You have Sliders, Jtim and an underrated First and Last for wings (and an excellent choice in staff too lol)
I grew up in that neighborhood, wing capitol of the world in my book.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
if willing to venture 1 town out of CT, the wings at Q in Port Chester are amazing. smoked to perfection. cool place, great BBQ. only negative is owner is a Cuse grad, but he's surprisingly a great guy and rightly so has the utmost respect for UCONN.
I'll have to check that out next time I hit the Cap. Coal's has been my usual go-to for pre-show beers and food. Very good grilled pizza, salads and taps--and surprisingly excellent wings. Theirs are also smoked, but then they throw them on the grill quickly to add a nice searing char to them.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Bobby Q's in Westport also has great wings. Not as good as J Tim's, but they're top 5 in my opinion. Also great barbecue.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
8893 said:
I'll have to check that out next time I hit the Cap. Coal's has been my usual go-to for pre-show beers and food. Very good grilled pizza, salads and taps--and surprisingly excellent wings. Theirs are also smoked, but then they throw them on the grill quickly to add a nice searing char to them.

I'm of the mind that if you are only in portchester once in a while and doing anything other than some pretty damn authentic street tacos ( especially for east coast) at a couple joints right around the cap, you are doing it wrong :)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm of the mind that if you are only in portchester once in a while and doing anything other than some pretty damn authentic street tacos ( especially for east coast) at a couple joints right around the cap, you are doing it wrong :)
Agree they are good, plentiful and inexpensive in that area. The quality beers and the need to have a meet-up spot for people coming in from different places usually brings me back to Coal's though.

Nice to see quality taps at Garcia's and the Cap, too.

Reaction Score
To those in the area you're going to be surprised to hear someone say this....but the cobbs mill inn in Weston has recently changed their menu a lot under new ownership and has this section of the menu of "In-between an appetizer and an entree"....and included is 12 wings for $7. It looks out of place on the menu because it's not an inexpensive restaurant, but I ordered the wings and they were AMAZING. Maybe not the best wings in CT, but I'm a wing connoisseur, it's my favorite food, and they were baller wings. I recommend this restaurant and ordering their wings.

Reaction Score
Dont know if they have been mentioned, and I wouldn't call them the best in CT, but Donahue's in Madison has great wings. They aren't a true buffalo flavor because they do them different.

They are smoked first then prepared however they do it. Great flavor and are fairly spicy but not overly spicy.

Reaction Score
It's not CT, was in city recently @ Battery Park. Went to Blue Smoke, they have $.50 wings after 8pm. Got some, smoked wings with an Alabama white sauce, as good as I can recall. Strongly reccomend.

In CT, I like Slider's a lot, J Tim's also great. I like both over Archie's.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
This may be your dumbest post yet. And that's saying something.
Opinion on wings. Elaborate on my posts, Mr Apologist?

Reaction Score
I had first trip to JT today. Solid, but did not meet hype IMO. A little too much butter taste. Again - Good, but there are others I would want sooner.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
To those in the area you're going to be surprised to hear someone say this....but the cobbs mill inn in Weston has recently changed their menu a lot under new ownership and has this section of the menu of "In-between an appetizer and an entree"....and included is 12 wings for $7. It looks out of place on the menu because it's not an inexpensive restaurant, but I ordered the wings and they were AMAZING. Maybe not the best wings in CT, but I'm a wing connoisseur, it's my favorite food, and they were baller wings. I recommend this restaurant and ordering their wings.

Amazing that place would even have wings. Quite the reason to nudge Mrs Pepband to go back... :)

Reaction Score
nice - hadn't heard of Coal's. will definitely try it out. Still have yet to see a show at the Cap but plan on it soon. work right around the corner.

Reaction Score
Jtims aren't that great. Can't compare wings like those to wings served at like sports bars.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thanks for the heads up. Is there an option to just get wings and a drink at the bar? If so, no need to meet a nearby friend in Georgetown, Westport or Norwalk.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Good point! Once, then maybe I go back. Twice, definitely not. Three times and I'm on the phone with the town's/city's health inspector!

Food-poison me once, shame on you.

Food-poison me twice, shame on me.

Food-poison me thrice, I have deep-rooted mental issues, probably relating to my childhood, manifesting themselves in the need to self-harm.

Reaction Score
Much better than Anchor...

But neither as good as Gabriel's Gate.
Not a fan of wings in general but did have dinner once at Anchor just by chance. Absolutely horrible food and the place is a dirty as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom