Best Uniform Changes of 2013 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Best Uniform Changes of 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
WAY
New lacrosse helmets... look pretty badass IMO.

BgYTrm1IEAA7y83.jpg
WAY cooler than the football helmets.

Reaction Score
I remember when the football helmets first came out people said it was more of a lax helmet design. Those helmets look awesome. Looks like it says huskies across the side which is really cool. Hopefully they'll do something similar to the football helmets.

Reaction Score
They should do that to the football helmets.

Looks to me like a wild Husky crouching in the tall grass for camouflage.

Or in snow, which is what I see. Not nitpicking but I have never seen all white camouflage.

Reaction Score
New lacrosse helmets... look pretty badass IMO.

BgYTrm1IEAA7y83.jpg

Logo's kinda dissected & smeared all over the place, but these look much cooler than our football helmets. Looks like they have the word "Huskies" in script text on one side, and the player number on the other. Something like this is pretty funky, but could work. Still better than what we have now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Logo's kinda dissected & smeared all over the place, but these look much cooler that out football helmets. Looks like they have the word "Huskies" in script text on one side, and the player number on the other. Something like this is funky, but could work. Still better than what we have now.
Agreed. gotta put SOMETHING on the side of the helmet if thats what it is going to be going forward. Huskies would be really cool as you never see it show up on UConn uniforms...well except apparently these new lax helmets.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
BugsyCT said:
Logo's kinda dissected & smeared all over the place, but these look much cooler that out football helmets. Looks like they have the word "Huskies" in script text on one side, and the player number on the other. Something like this is funky, but could work. Still better than what we have now.

Huskies is on the back and player # on at least one side.

Reaction Score
I can't believe how small Larry McHugh looks. Hard to believe he made it to the final cuts for the Jets way back when... as an offensive lineman.
Remember back in the 50s/70s they used to draft players right off the newspaper's AA teams and sign them through agents sight unseen!! Remember Ted Gregory of Cuse? 5'10" 245 lb noseguard 1st team AA? Very tough guy who could cream ya in a phonebooth but doesn't translate on the gridiron at the NFL level !! It was around then they started spending more money on scouting services and such.

Reaction Score
Tapered Stripe, with players number on one side. Sometimes less is more.

Reaction Score
FAIRTIDES said:
My Mother-in-Law wouldn't let me hold her fakes.

That's a shame. Were they built for speed or built for power? Would you have motor-boated um? You would have you motor-boatin' son of a b****!

Reaction Score
Very cool look - reminds me a lot of Navy's alternate helmet.
New-Navy-Football-Helmet-1.jpg

I'd take that one or any of the others posted over what we have now in a heartbeat.
That Navy helmet is my favorite followed closely by the UVA swords

Reaction Score
Logo's kinda dissected & smeared all over the place, but these look much cooler than our football helmets. Looks like they have the word "Huskies" in script text on one side, and the player number on the other. Something like this is pretty funky, but could work. Still better than what we have now.

Yeah, this design looks way better on the Lacrosse helmets than the football ones... I noticed that they have "Huskies" written in script on the side too... nice touch...

Reaction Score
Very cool look - reminds me a lot of Navy's alternate helmet.
New-Navy-Football-Helmet-1.jpg

I'd take that one or any of the others posted over what we have now in a heartbeat.

This is truly badass... I like it better than ours... but that's Navy's and Navy's only....

Hope we 'tweak' our helmets a little...

Reaction Score
The current uniforms are fine. I still don't get the function of the piping on the jersey. Looks like somone either had some leftover piping and decided to use it up, or ran out half way through making the jersey, but over all they are fine. The helmets are garbage, though. They are indistinguishable from the stands and look unfinished. On tv closeups they simply look silly. Fire the designer and get something new. I don't really object to having UCONN on the side. A huge problem with Donald is that its really hard to put front facing mascots on the sides of helmets and not have them look awkward. You almost have to put them on the front, and they look silly or bush league on the front of football helmets. Its why you rarely see a front facing logo. Competent designers know that. Obviously the dopey Nike guy didn't get it. Probably a janitor who worked his way up to logo designer.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
After living in Jacksonville with these helmets, I really don't mind UConn's helmet. But it could just be that the Jags broke me.

jaguars-helmet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak