Best stat line - | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best stat line -

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I was totally ambivalent until I read her trash-talking quotes yesterday. I can't understand why athletes can't keep their mouths shut and let their play do the talking.

Are you referring to the quote where she said UK matches up player for player, etc.?

Reaction Score
I haven't seen the link to the comments, but apparently she said some things fans took exception to before the UCONN-Kentucky game last night.

she said that they were not afraid of uconn, that she thought they matched up with them, and that she thinks they (ky) are a better team than they were last season. i found it hard to consider that trash talking, as some said, or unfortunate. on the other hand, i thought caroline's reaction was silly, if she was really serious that she thought that was bulletin board stuff. it never ceases to amaze me what uconn fans take exception to.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Had she committed to the team for the season? Did she leave her team in the lurch? Sounds like a desertion to me.

It's one thing to make a life choice decision that affects no one but yourself. It's entirely something else when it affects people that are depending on you. I will agree that had she not left her presence would have been "toxic". That too is a measure of her character.
How nice that you are such a judge of character regarding Samarie. And great that you can sit in your own ivory tower and pass judgement on a kid you know nothing about. You really have no clue what you are talking about in this situation, but that's not stopping you from spouting your own brand of stupidity. Congratulations. You should be proud of yourself.

I honestly have no problem if someone dislikes her, or her decision, but to call her toxic and say her decision was a "measure of her character" is completely off base and so incredibly arrogant and judgemental, I'm almost speechless... almost.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is there any time limit where the sentence of judgment, by a few Boneyaders, for SW and EDD, can expire? How about today.
I think that there is an interesting dynamic between people who really like EDD and those who really dislike her. The EDD fans bring back all kinds of stuff to the board to discuss, which sets off the people upset by her leaving. Then there is the great middle who has put Elena behind us, much as she put us behind her. That group would prefer to talk about our players and find both of the entrenched sides a distraction. That said, no one makes a poster read a thread and most of the EDD stuff is clearly labeled and thus easily avoided.

So the short answer to your question is ...no, no statue of litmitations.

FWIW, I was one who pretty much ignored Elena after she left the program. This March Madness has left me with two impressions. 1) I found EDD's dad to be pretty decent on the issue and a good guy. I sense that he would have preferred EDD to stay and, rightly IMO, thinks that she might have won two NCAA WBBNCs and 2) Elena is a very good player. I wrote off much of her success as being "big fish, small pond" but she is very talented and will be successful on the next level.

Reaction Score
How nice that you are such a judge of character regarding Samarie. And great that you can sit in your own ivory tower and pass judgement on a kid you know nothing about. You really have no clue what you are talking about in this situation, but that's not stopping you from spouting your own brand of stupidity. Congratulations. You should be proud of yourself.

I honestly have no problem if someone dislikes her, or her decision, but to call her toxic and say her decision was a "measure of her character" is completely off base and so incredibly arrogant and judgemental, I'm almost speechless... almost.

i'm glad that you weren't speechless. you're right on in your comments.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
she said that they were not afraid of uconn, that she thought they matched up with them, and that she thinks they (ky) are a better team than they were last season. i found it hard to consider that trash talking, as some said, or unfortunate. on the other hand, i thought caroline's reaction was silly, if she was really serious that she thought that was bulletin board stuff. it never ceases to amaze me what uconn fans take exception to.
Definitely bull-board material, especially in an age when if you say a team has ugly uni's you'll regret it. Everything gets used, and one of the worst things you can say when you are going up against a statistically much superior team is that you stack up well woman for woman. That means on the other side you have at least 5 players and probably the 6th woman all wanting to give the extra dazzle to show that they're not on the side of the short stack in the equation. Better to have just picked one position and say, "DaNesha can handle Dolson Monday night."

But Samarie definitely made the right decision in leaving the Huskies when she did and letting them have a chance to gel without her presence. Many players sign up for situations they can't handle because they have no real idea what they're ready for in high school and not sure just exactly what kind of tough love Geno deals out. Did Travis call the guys who left the Alamo before the main onslaught deserters? No, he gave them the choice to leave knowing that the defenders would be better off without their "Why am I here catching bullets in this crumbling hole (or CT cow pasture)?" attitude. Not all WCBB players are ready to face the big fire.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Had she committed to the team for the season? Did she leave her team in the lurch? Sounds like a desertion to me.

It's one thing to make a life choice decision that affects no one but yourself. It's entirely something else when it affects people that are depending on you. I will agree that had she not left her presence would have been "toxic". That too is a measure of her character.

And posts like this are a measure of yours.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
After saying UK could match up player-for-player with Uconn, she produced a statline that pretty much matched up with Briana Banks. So good call.
Bbbbbuuuurrrnnnn. :D

Reaction Score
I think the following comments are what annoyed some UConn fans (at least in their implications that she didn't think very highly of her former teammates), from Rich Elliot's blog:

“I’m happier here,’’ Walker said. “I’ve grown up a lot. I was 18 then. I’m 20 now. A lot of stuff happened between then and now. I have teammates who look out for me, who encourage me to do my best. Coaches who look out for me. Other staff members. It’s just a great atmosphere here and I’m happy to be here.’’

“I have not talked to any of the coaches since I left,’’ Walker said. “The only player that I have talked to recently is Bria Hartley. I don’t really know the other ones, the younger ones. And I haven’t talked to Kelly (Faris) or Stefanie (Dolson) or whoever else is there in a while.’’

http://blog.ctnews.com/elliott/2013/03/31/walker-has-moved-on-from-her-days-at-uconn/

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Toxic was not my word, it was used earlier in the thread. I thought it was probably fitting. Of course her comment that her "attitude and approach was not inhte best interest of the team." is probably more palatable to some.
Other comments such as "better off without her", "the team began gelling after she left" and having to "beg her to do the work." are all pretty good indicators of her character.

Had she been of better character she would have finished the season giving all the support she could to the team. After the final buzzer she could have left with everyone's well wishes, including mine.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I'm sure UConn can seem like boot camp, with managers keeping tabs of how many reps you do of each exercise and sending scores to the coaching staff.

This is the same as UNC women's soccer. If you've ever read Dorrance's book, you will see tables and charts of drill results ... he immersed the women in competition every day, teaching them that it's ok to kill your teammate in practice, and then still be friends with them when the final whistle blows. That is not easy for female athletes.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
This is the same as UNC women's soccer. If you've ever read Dorrance's book, you will see tables and charts of drill results ... he immersed the women in competition every day, teaching them that it's ok to kill your teammate in practice, and then still be friends with them when the final whistle blows. That is not easy for female athletes.

not easy for anyone in any walk of life...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom