Best Sandwich | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best Sandwich

Reaction Score
Brueggers Western for breakfast and Salmon for lunch both on baggels.

Reaction Score
Best of both worlds here, I will try this bad boy at Modern's in New Haven and revert:

1694047722216.png

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
i’m telling you.. crime fronts make the best damn food
When I lived in Miami there was a pizza place that had probably the best pizza in the area (not saying much). I heard numerous rumors that the pizza place was a front for the weed business being run out of the same place. Never confirmed the rumors but also have no reason to believe it to not be true, based on who I heard it from.

Reaction Score
I think Fairfield county just obliterates Hartford in the deli game, have probably been to 15 delis in fairfield county better than any I have been to in Hartford. I feel like if gaetanos or rinaldis opened up in downtown west hartford they could do a great business

Reaction Score
The al pastor torta at Las Tortas MX in the Parkville Market in Hartford is the best thing I’ve eaten in a while. The market is a beautiful place with an amazing variety of good stuff.

Reaction Score
Alright, on a quest to find the best sandwich or Deli in Hartford county or the rest of the state.

My go to used to be a small deli in Stamford called Fusaros or, of course, Gaetano’s, but looking for something around Hartford now.

What do y’all got?
Did not expect to see Fusaro’s show up on the Yard. I live a quarter mile away between Pepper Ridge and High Ridge. Have been going there since I was a kid in the ‘70s, when it was known as K’s Market, and it was my source for sparklers, baseball cards, Jolly Rancher sticks, cans of Sunkist soda and Fun Dip.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
i’m telling you.. crime fronts make the best damn food

One of Buffalo's best pizza joints is pretty widely recognized as Mafia owned. And you get that sense when you stroll in there on the West Side.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Did not expect to see Fusaro’s show up on the Yard. I live a quarter mile away between Pepper Ridge and High Ridge. Have been going there since I was a kid in the ‘70s, when it was known as K’s Market, and it was my source for sparklers, baseball cards, Jolly Rancher sticks, cans of Sunkist soda and Fun Dip.
When I was a rep for a a CT brewery a few years ago lower Fairfield was my territory and I swear I stopped by Fusaro’s twice a week for lunch. Great guys and an even better sandwich

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If you’re looking for italian grinder, Angelo’s on West Main in New Britain is probably the best in the state. I always do prosciutto di parma, mortadella and hot soopressata on a portigeuse roll with provolone , oil, and all the veggies.
I’m Sicilian and I cannot stand mortadell. Love me some soppressah tho.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think Fairfield county just obliterates Hartford in the deli game, have probably been to 15 delis in fairfield county better than any I have been to in Hartford. I feel like if gaetanos or rinaldis opened up in downtown west hartford they could do a great business
Agree 100% and New Haven crushes Hartford area as well.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Franklin Giant in Hartford. But I moved 7 years ago and not so sure today.
Put myself through school as a land surveyor, so I was all over the state and always looking for a good lunch. When we went to town halls to search property records for each job, finding out about the best places to eat was a priority. Meatball at Franklin Giant was the top for me. But that was a lot more than 7 years ago.

Strangely, the tuna salad grinder at some skating rink place in (near?) Windsor was good enough to always go for if we were in the area.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When I was a rep for a a CT brewery a few years ago lower Fairfield was my territory and I swear I stopped by Fusaro’s twice a week for lunch. Great guys and an even better sandwich
Cost Less Wine & Liquor on High Ridge must have been one of your accounts. Solid craft beer selection.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Not a Marathon Bar kinda guy?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Cost Less Wine & Liquor on High Ridge must have been one of your accounts. Solid craft beer selection.
I bought a bunch of good, highly allocated wine from them. But this was 20 years ago. Zach (I'm pretty sure that was his name) was always a pleasure to hang and chat with and would hook his customers up with hard to get stuff whenever he could. Always greeted you with a big smile. Seemed like a great family.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Growing up in a Jamaican neighborhood in Philly, i'll say a Jamaican beef pattie between 2 pieces of Coco bread. Simple but good.

Reaction Score
Fusaro’s is good. But put me in the team for Rinaldi’s on East Main Street.

Reaction Score
It’s been a while since I was there but there Corner Deli in Hamden used to be a weekly thing for me

Reaction Score
Kovac's Special from Gaetano's is the best sandwich I've ever had.
Also great:
Cornerstone in Hartford - chicken cutlets are elite and very cheap
D'elia's in Norwich - baking really wonderful bread daily, run by a single family, can get really busy
Vocatura's in Norwich - old school Italian bakery/deli

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
C'mon, this was discussed in 2013.

And in 2020.

And in 2021.

Is this on the same line is The Best Pizza in CT? Has it made the 1 million view mark yet?

Reaction Score
Since a burger must count, I’ll definitely be reporting on Osa in Middletown. Been getting a ton of hype lately.

BrgrKo in Hamden, formerly Texico, formerly Mikro has great sandwiches/burgers and a solid cocktail program going. Totally out of place for the area lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom