OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 317 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Best pizza in the Hudson Valley is Hudson and Packard in Poughkeepsie, Pizzeria Posto in Rhinebeck and Eastdale/Town of Poughkeepsie and Lucoli’s in Red Hook.

Hudson and Package also has good wings which are almost impossible to find around here.
I don't think any of us should take food recommendations from a person who would eat cardboard and be happy with just its caloric value. :)

Reaction Score
Only pizza worse than the above brand is Little Ceasar's regular round pies.

However, Lil C's Deep Deep Dish is pretty decent. Hard to believe they are made in the same kitchen as the round crappy ones...

But actually, I have had even worse pizza, both one-store independent places.

First one, the ex and I went to a concours car show in Napa, out in the sun all day... Went to find a pizza place in Napa... Wine country and all that, the pizza should be good right???? Probably so, but not at the place we selected. They had the sheer AUDACITY to call themselves "New York West Pizzeria"... Well, everything on the pie was awful. I think they used manhole covers for the crust, and the rest wasn't much better... We were STARVING, so we forced down a slice apiece to hold ourselves over, left 90% of the pie sitting there, and left for another place, which fortunately had much better pizza. That parlor is long since gone. Good riddance...

2nd one... Went up to Seattle for a relative's wedding... long wedding, followed by a reception with a little bit of finger food and that's it.
We were starving, ordered from a place called Acropolis Pizza (That should have been our first warning, a Greek name...) I think the cheese they use is Brie? Either that, or it was raw sewage... Absolutely inedible. I should have noticed the smell before I paid the driver... If I had, I would not have accepted the pizza and told the driver to take a hike. We then jumped in the car and found some other spot... That pizza was lousy, too... but nowhere CLOSE to as bad as that crapola from Acropolis. We were like, "Hey does anyone have a clue how to make a pizza up here?"

Okay, enough horror stories...
Sorry you had to experience the Seattle pizza scene. There's tons of great food around here, especially any type of Asian, but the pizza and subs scene is absolutely terrible. I literally daydream about CT pizza and Italian subs a couple days a week. If you've got money and want to make some more, bringing CT pizza to greater Seattle is a no brainer. We serve some of weakest pies imaginable for $25 a pop.

Reaction Score
Sorry you had to experience the Seattle pizza scene. There's tons of great food around here, especially any type of Asian, but the pizza and subs scene is absolutely terrible. I literally daydream about CT pizza and Italian subs a couple days a week. If you've got money and want to make some more, bringing CT pizza to greater Seattle is a no brainer. We serve some of weakest pies imaginable for $25 a pop.
The thin crust in Chicago sucks and they charge $25 out here as well. Deep dish is good but it's $33 before u even add a topping and then you're over $40, it's ridiculous. I just make my own now for the most part.

Reaction Score
The thin crust in Chicago sucks and they charge $25 out here as well. Deep dish is good but it's $33 before u even add a topping and then you're over $40, it's ridiculous. I just make my own now for the most part.
I make a mean Traeger flatbread. It's not pizza but for 12 bucks all in I can feed a bunch of people and avoid all the moral hazard :)

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Piece Pizzeria in Chicago (Wicker Park) is a very good New Haven style place run by the Jacobs brothers from Wooster Square. They were regulars at Sally's (had the secret number and everything) growing up. Highly recommended if you are in the area... and they brew some mighty fine beers as well.

Reaction Score
Just looked at photos from that Tony's place in SF... Boy, I'm gonna have to brave the traffic, parking, prices, etc. and explore that. Someday.

Reaction Score
Now that I think of it, I have been to some pizza parlor in North Beach, but it was long ago, don't remember if it was Tony's or not.

Reaction Score
Now that I think of it, I have been to some pizza parlor in North Beach, but it was long ago, don't remember if it was Tony's or not.
Tony's is pretty famous. You'd probably know if you were there. It has a bunch of different kinds of pizzas (New York, coal fired, Detroit, Napoletana, Sicilian, etc.) on the menu and they say what degrees it is cooked at. The menu is huge.

Reaction Score
Just looked at photos from that Tony's place in SF... Boy, I'm gonna have to brave the traffic, parking, prices, etc. and explore that. Someday.
I was gonna say, you absolutely should. Not sure if you checked out the menu but there’s a reason they’re consistently rated among the top in the country

Not sure if they count as north beach since they’re up on the hill on the Chinatown/Little Italy border but hey

Reaction Score
I’m sorry but this is incredibly lame

Just shut up, make your apizza, and let the product speak for itself
She did the same thing over 20 years ago with Louis' Lunch and their hamburger. You're right, it's incredibly lame.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
She did the same thing over 20 years ago with Louis' Lunch and their hamburger. You're right, it's incredibly lame.

To be fair, Louis Lunch is ridiculous. A flattened meatball between wonder bread and no ketchup? The line between child and adulthood is the preference between ketchup and barbeque sauce, but for a restaurant to tell anyone what they should prefer (and for that preference to be neither), as if it compromises the integrity of the [ground beef] (IYKYK).

Get the [heck] outta here with that!!!

Besides, Ted's is a 1/2 hour closer. Every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Reaction Score
I actually get that. The objective founding/invention place of anything as monumental as the hamburger is totally fine to claim for the sake of history. North Carolina gets to claim it’s the birthplace of man-made flight.

But some subjective “capital of xyz” claim is a total joke. Hopefully it doesn’t lead to other cringe like Chicago being the capital of hot dogs, or SD being the capital of tacos (even though it is), or SF being the capital of sushi

Reaction Score
I actually get that. The objective founding/invention place of anything as monumental as the hamburger is totally fine to claim for the sake of history. North Carolina gets to claim it’s the birthplace of man-made flight.

But some subjective “capital of xyz” claim is a total joke. Hopefully it doesn’t lead to other cringe like Chicago being the capital of hot dogs, or SD being the capital of tacos (even though it is), or SF being the capital of sushi
Sure it's different but it's also lame, people were obviously eating hamburgers way before Louis Lassen started selling them.

Reaction Score

And that was stolen from CT as the Wright brothers were not the first to fly - were beaten by a group in Bridgeport... Was Connecticut First in Flight?

Reaction Score
And that was stolen from CT as the Wright brothers were not the first to fly - were beaten by a group in Bridgeport... Was Connecticut First in Flight?
1715985138434.gif

Reaction Score
Nowadays of the big three, Modern definitely makes the best pie. Although my favorite will always be Zupp’s in West Haven, my wife and I love ordering there and then heading to the beach, weather permitting, which is right down the road. Heading to Pepe’s in Fairfield this Saturday, I’ll have a review.

Ok, so we headed to Pepe’s in Fairfield last Saturday and I have to say I was very pessimistic about what the pizza would be like. All I can say is Dave Portnoy has to go there and give a review. I thought it was excellent, definitely better than the last Pepe’s pizza I had in Danbury a few months back. I had the sausage and mushroom and I thought it was close to an 8.6. The manager runs the place like a ship, and it’s a great ship. This pizza, and the service, the ambiance of the place, reminded me of the old Pepe’s I remember going to 50 years ago.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom