OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 290 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
What a perfect list ….

Nice to see Tribute from SD in there. Fantastic spot. Can’t recommend it highly enough for anyone that lives/visits

And Yup, Tony’s in SF was incredible and I say worthy of top 5

I’ve heard of Razza via the guys who own/run Tribute. My brother lives super close and it’s my #1 place to go next time I’m in JC

But man, not a single place in CT lol

Reaction Score
Is it though? IMHO, after maybe the top 10, all those Neopolitan pizzas start to blend together. I'll put up Il PIzzaiolo up the street from me against any of the bottom 40.

On a side note, I didn't know Keste was doing all Neopolitan. When Roberto had his shop in Pittsburgh, he was making "regular" pizza on a deck oven that was outstanding.
Neapolitan just isn't a great style IMO. It's not bad and still tastes good but they are all pretty much the same. Great ingredients but never cooked long enough. 90 seconds in one of those ovens always leaves the crust not charred nearly enough and everything pools in the middle.

I'm surprised you didn't pick up what he was selling with that list.

Reaction Score
First time at Bar. Signature potato and seasonal Lobster Roll (basically all claw/knuckle). Thoroughly satisfied.

17750862-A29F-4A2A-AA76-869477D454F3.jpeg
58417F76-EC2A-478A-B339-82674E11AAC7.jpeg

Reaction Score
Neapolitan just isn't a great style IMO. It's not bad and still tastes good but they are all pretty much the same. Great ingredients but never cooked long enough. 90 seconds in one of those ovens always leaves the crust not charred nearly enough and everything pools in the middle.

I'm surprised you didn't pick up what he was selling with that list.

That list is not exclusively Neapolitan by any stretch.

Reaction Score
Hmmm…. NY vs New Haven vs Naples…

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't know how this devolved into a WWE discussion, and I find pro wrestling incredibly stupid, but everyone in Pgh was talking about the 25th anniversary of this ridiculousness, so I figure I'd post it.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I don't know how this devolved into a WWE discussion, and I find pro wrestling incredibly stupid, but everyone in Pgh was talking about the 25th anniversary of this ridiculousness, so I figure I'd post it.

I watched that live on PPV it’s so wrong it’s right. Mick Foley is a sick man . And a great guy. Also pretty dumb for taking those 2 epic bumps.

Edit:the highlight doesn’t show both. Later in the match he got slammed through top of cage to the mat. Mick says that was worse than the throw from the top outside in your clip. His teeth went through his bottom lip and he could stick his tongue out the gap between his bottom lip and chin

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While I like 1, 2 and 3 on that list, no issues there, any list that has Uno's at #5 automatically makes you wonder. Pizza in Boston is no where near CT level but it's not that bad that Uno's needs to be top 5!
The Chicago Classic is great.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Car has been 90% packed since Wednesday afternoon, but last minutes odds & ends, several goodbyes, and better traffic/air quality/weather pushed departure back to early afternoon. That meant two more nights of pizza.

The first was a friend bringing Fairfield Sally's back to his his in north Bridgeport where I met him after storage space work.

He described the place as having a disorganized vibe, but this led to a getting comped a pie that was unaccountably lying around, and turned out to be my first ever white clam from Sally's.

My choice of tomato pie was another first: I'd actually label the flavor profile of the well-done crust as closer to "burnt," and I'm a decades-old fan of "char." Probably my least favorite plain tomato ever, though not actually bad. They just didn't get it right as Wooster street does.

My friend ordered the large w/mootz & sausage, mushrooms on half in deference to my preference. It was the best of the three.

I liked what I ate and it was by no means a disaster, but I'm a Sally's partisan & defender, so a 'less than' experience has to be acknowledged, especially after having had my favorite Fairfield Pepe's experience on my most recent (dine-in) visit. For context, I've been to Commerce drive a bunch of times since it first opened, never found it transcendent, and have favored Pepe's less in the past decade.
Screenshot_20230701-120058.png

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Car has been 90% packed since Wednesday afternoon, but last minutes odds & ends, several goodbyes, and better traffic/air quality/weather pushed departure back to early afternoon. That meant two more nights of pizza.

The first was a friend bringing Fairfield Sally's back to his his in north Bridgeport where I met him after storage space work.

He described the place as having a disorganized vibe, but this led to a getting comped a pie that was unaccountably lying around, and turned out to be my first ever white clam from Sally's.

My choice of tomato pie was another first: I'd actually label the flavor profile of the well-done crust as closer to "burnt," and I'm a decades-old fan of "char." Probably my least favorite plain tomato ever, though not actually bad. They just didn't get it right as Wooster street does.

My friend ordered the large w/mootz & sausage, mushrooms on half in deference to my preference. It was the best of the three.

I liked what I ate and it was by no means a disaster, but I'm a Sally's partisan & defender, so a 'less than' experience has to be acknowledged, especially after having had my my best Fairfield Pepe's experience on my most recent (dine-in) visit. View attachment 89379
I went to the Sally's in Stamford a few years back (it was open for maybe 3-4 months at the time) and was completely turned off by the place. The pies were nothing special and the atmosphere was basically "we're here to ring the cash register". If I want Sally's I'll drive to New Haven. I have little desire to ever try another Sally's location.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
"Can you make so that half has some char?"
That he's willing to call something that looks like that "excellent" speaks volumes.

I imagine that when the day comes when Arby's adds pizza ovens to their business model he'll be here posting about how nobody should ever go anywhere else for pizza again.

Reaction Score
Hanging in Milford, Dockside Brewery is quite the spot. My girl got a really good salad.

They do 800 degree pizzas. I was feeling a penne vodka for some reason and added sausage. Ingredients were good, but they were a little short on the sauce. Might have to do with how incredibly thin the crust was. Have a feeling a more traditional pie would be better, but I’m not upset with my decision. Will probably be back because the beer and overall selection was great.

3171BF4E-B168-448F-92D5-77F3FE373EEC.jpeg

Reaction Score
Hanging in Milford, Dockside Brewery is quite the spot. My girl got a really good salad.

They do 800 degree pizzas. I was feeling a penne vodka for some reason and added sausage. Ingredients were good, but they were a little short on the sauce. Might have to do with how incredibly thin the crust was. Have a feeling a more traditional pie would be better, but I’m not upset with my decision. Will probably be back because the beer and overall selection was great.

View attachment 89380
That's a good spot, huge capacity. Tribus is a good brewery nearby and then there's Two Roads.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom