OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 282 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'm not sure from the review, but does the owner give a *****?
Only really stops and talks to you if you’re from Meriden or mention the old owner. Otherwise he keeps busy.

Reaction Score
This is the first review where I have to question his judgement.

Maybe they've changed their recipe since the last time I was there 10 years ago but little rendezvous was never impressive to me relative to the rest of CT.

It's good, it is not THAT good
Agree. The two times I’ve been, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed their pizza. But I wouldn’t have scored it a 9.1. Either way, Davey Pageviews keeps confirming with every additional review that we here in CT are spoiled with the number of quality options in our small state.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score

Maybe they've changed their recipe since the last time I was there 10 years ago but little rendezvous was never impressive to me relative to the rest of CT.

I don't get it, has to be a preference thing. The curb appeal on that pizza is really awful

Reaction Score

Never been but it doesn't look nearly as good to me as the New Haven spots, Fuoco and some of the other CT places. I ask for my pizza well done/burnt but that looks almost too well done on top and it doesn't have any of the New Haven shmootz you get on your fingers from the coal fire magic on the undercarriage. Crust doesn't have the black bubbles I like either.

Reaction Score
Never been but it doesn't look nearly as good to me as the New Haven spots, Fuoco and some of the other CT places. I ask for my pizza well done/burnt but that looks almost too well done on top and it doesn't have any of the New Haven shmootz you get on your fingers from the coal fire magic on the undercarriage. Crust doesn't have the black bubbles I like either.
My family is from Meriden I grew up close by. I love to hype that town with the steamed cheeseburgers, silver city speedway and fishing at Hanover pond. Had little rendezvous all the time growing up... This review is questionable. 8.1 would make more sense

Reaction Score
he’s a clown but not lying about new haven pizza. hating on foxon park???! he promotes pepsi

Reaction Score
The Constanti's are pizza royalty. Fuoco is more than worthy of an 8.5. George's parents started Anna's prospect pizza, one brother owns Christo's in Wallingford and his other brother owns Luna in Naugatuck. All amazing pizzas
Pizza royalty? Come on now

Reaction Score
Pizza royalty? Come on now
Yessir, multigenerational pizza greatness. checkout any one of their places you won't be disappointed. FUOCO is the best because they have the coal fired ovens but Christos, Luna (wood fired btw) and Anna's are no joke

Last edited:
Reaction Score
for me pizza’s gotta be a touch below room temperature. for real, modern is best below temp

Reaction Score
My family is from Meriden I grew up close by. I love to hype that town with the steamed cheeseburgers, silver city speedway and fishing at Hanover pond. Had little rendezvous all the time growing up... This review is questionable. 8.1 would make more sense

It’s excellent for Little Rendezvous I’m happiest for them. It’s up there no doubt MOT sure 9 plus. If you’re from Meriden (or is it Meridian lol) this pie is the combo of the old Verdolinis and New Haven pies. Solid pizza great old oven.

Meriden has had plenty of great things happen over the years no doubt but too many youngsters in here to have a clue.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I've been in CT since mid-May, primarily to choose among, offload, pack up, and move things from storage spaces to a Louisville apartment around the corner from my toddler granddaughter who is increasingly dancing, climbing, walking, talking, and showing serious hands against-the-glass partition rapport with gorillas at the Zoo's primate pavilion. As she strings the various behaviors together like building blocks, I can see that very soon she'll be assembling first-rate lobster rolls.

My hosts have been in Bridgeport & Westport and still I've worked pizza into my various functional travels to the north & east.

Ranked by order of enjoyment on this particular visit, I've been to:

Ernie's (outstanding pie and a warm farewell conversation with my former neighborhood's master baker Pat De Riso)
Roseland (complemented by a delicious recon slice from the Ansonia Zuppardi's takeout branch on my trip north to Southford to see my 8-monthn old great nephew)
Frisco's (my first full appraisal of a very worthwhile pie, chosen because it allowed me to bring lunch to a former classmate who now sells LPs and had a table at the New Haven Record Riot in the Annex neighborhood)
Modern (which was rescued from excessive initial flop when I got it into the oven upon arrival in Bridgeport)
Nauti Dolphin (surprisingly better than I'd recalled it over a decade ago, so that I can see why it has its fans even if I liked the ones from New Haven County more. My hosts ordered it)
Romanacci (which was good only for soaking up the alcohol in free-flowing complimentary wine at the Verso Records LP release party at the Westport Library)

I've got another few Days, and will try for another couple pizzas, again guided by where I'll be close to, doing something else nearby.
Nauti Dolphin is a hidden gem only really known to Metro North commuters. Great place to get a slice coming off the train starving. The smell hits you as soon as the doors open.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
It’s excellent for Little Rendezvous I’m happiest for them. It’s up there no doubt MOT sure 9 plus. If you’re from Meriden (or is it Meridian lol) this pie is the combo of the old Verdolinis and New Haven pies. Solid pizza great old oven.

Meriden has had plenty of great things happen over the years no doubt but too many youngsters in here to have a clue.
A real shame Verdolini’s went under. Sometimes floods and a few drugs really can ruin your life.

Reaction Score
89F15D26-FC76-4F25-B65E-ED3F4E28097C.jpeg

i believe this is correct, lot of haters though

Reaction Score
Another next level down area apizza joint whose owners learned the trade @ Sally’s etc… reliably solid.

Fail by the owner, the first pie the employee made clearly looked better...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom