OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 281 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
View attachment 88907

This temporary storefront has been in place at the SoNo Collection for a few months, I was out on a bike ride yesterday and able to get a good picture. Assume fit-out is going on behind it, it's been such a long time since the location was announced I've been wondering if that branch would ever happen.
The one in Woburn, MA still isn't opened yet. They announced the place was coming almost 2 years ago. Crazy it takes this long.

Reaction Score
View attachment 88907

This temporary storefront has been in place at the SoNo Collection for a few months, I was out on a bike ride yesterday and able to get a good picture. Assume fit-out is going on behind it, it's been such a long time since the location was announced I've been wondering if that branch would ever happen.
Speaking of Norwalk, on Saturday we stuck to an ol' reliable: Colony Grill.

Reaction Score
View attachment 88907

It will I'm sure I'm from Norwalk and the city don't have a big time name like a Sally's. Besides Famous and East ave Pizza I don't know where to go but looking forward for Sally's coming to Norwalk

Reaction Score
It will I'm sure I'm from Norwalk and the city don't have a big time name like a Sally's. Besides Famous and East ave Pizza I don't know where to go but looking forward for Sally's coming to Norwalk

Colony is good if you like that style. Maybe it's just me but Sally's has been very underwhelming the few times I've had it at the new Haven location.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
That looks awesome, I'll be back in CT and plan on going there. I saw something on that Christo's pizza place in Wallingford, that also looks excellent.

It's insane how much great pizza there is in CT.
I’ll be in pilsen next week for a couple days for MY bachelor party, I need some recs from you if you have.

Reaction Score
What are recommended pizza places north of Hartford? Anything near Bradley Airport? I'm north in New Hampshire and there is no good pizza anywhere near me

Reaction Score
I’ll be in pilsen next week for a couple days for MY bachelor party, I need some recs from you if you have.
I was just down there a couple weekends ago for Mole de Mayo ended up at Canton Regio where I often end up. The sabinas tacos are great, half a kilo of skirt steak meal is always good to share with someone. It's cash only but inexpensive and BYOB.

5 Rabanitos, Carnitas Uruapan, Carnitas Don Pedro, Quesabirria Jalisco

They're all on 18th street near each other

Lo Rez Brewery is down there, I've never been but I've had a couple good beers they make.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I was just down there a couple weekends ago for Mole de Mayo ended up at Canton Regio where I often end up. The sabinas tacos are great, half a kilo of skirt steak meal is always good to share with someone. It's cash only but inexpensive and BYOB.

5 Rabanitos, Carnitas Uruapan, Carnitas Don Pedro, Quesabirria Jalisco

They're all on 18th street near each other

Lo Rez Brewery is down there, I've never been but I've had a couple good beers they make.
Thanks!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What are recommended pizza places north of Hartford? Anything near Bradley Airport? I'm north in New Hampshire and there is no good pizza anywhere near me
Papa Gino's went out of business. But if you're willing to add a few miles to your drive, and go 84 into Connecticut before switching over to 91 there's Camille's in Tolland that should be coming up on the Barstool site.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Rumors are that Little Rendezvous in Meriden received a 9.1 from Portnoy. I guess video will be released soon.

I went a few weeks ago, pie was stellar.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I've been in CT since mid-May, primarily to choose among, offload, pack up, and move things from storage spaces to a Louisville apartment around the corner from my toddler granddaughter who is increasingly dancing, climbing, walking, talking, and showing serious hands against-the-glass partition rapport with gorillas at the Zoo's primate pavilion. As she strings the various behaviors together like building blocks, I can see that very soon she'll be assembling first-rate lobster rolls.

My hosts have been in Bridgeport & Westport and still I've worked pizza into my various functional travels to the north & east.

Ranked by order of enjoyment on this particular visit, I've been to:

Ernie's (outstanding pie and a warm farewell conversation with my former neighborhood's master baker Pat De Riso)
Roseland (complemented by a delicious recon slice from the Ansonia Zuppardi's takeout branch on my trip north to Southford to see my 8-monthn old great nephew)
Frisco's (my first full appraisal of a very worthwhile pie, chosen because it allowed me to bring lunch to a former classmate who now sells LPs and had a table at the New Haven Record Riot in the Annex neighborhood)
Modern (which was rescued from excessive initial flop when I got it into the oven upon arrival in Bridgeport)
Nauti Dolphin (surprisingly better than I'd recalled it over a decade ago, so that I can see why it has its fans even if I liked the ones from New Haven County more. My hosts ordered it)
Romanacci (which was good only for soaking up the alcohol in free-flowing complimentary wine at the Verso Records LP release party at the Westport Library)

I've got another few Days, and will try for another couple pizzas, again guided by where I'll be close to, doing something else nearby.

Reaction Score
Papa Gino's went out of business. But if you're willing to add a few miles to your drive, and go 84 into Connecticut before switching over to 91 there's Camille's in Tolland that should be coming up on the Barstool site.
Thanks, reviews are great for it, I'll try it soon

Reaction Score
I've tried nearly all of them. Here is my CT top 11.
Screenshot_20230613_100126_Messages.jpg

Reaction Score
They also own Oakland Pizza in South Windsor .... Just as good as Camille's!

Reaction Score
Ate at Riko’s second Stamford location on West Main last night. This will come across as blasphemy to fellow Stamford locals, but I’m prepared to say that Riko’s is currently a better, more consistent pizza than Colony. Hot oil pie was fantastic. Highly recommend if your palate appreciates bar pie.

Reaction Score
View attachment 88907

It's the same thing with the Sally's in Wethersfield. It originally said on their website coming 1st quarter of 2023. The building has looked done for many months, it has the big permanant sign up. I have not seen anyone working there in a really long time. Does anyone know what's up?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom