OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 273 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
They really love Detroit style out here in CA, and I’ve had quite a few now. How’s this place? The only other Detroit style spot I’ve seen (not that I’m in New England much lately) is Nightshift brewery in Boston by the Garden, which was very solid.
Best Detroit style I've had in this area, not that many places make it, is this place. Boston Marathon starts right in front of it so you might see it on TV on Monday.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
They really love Detroit style out here in CA, and I’ve had quite a few now. How’s this place? The only other Detroit style spot I’ve seen (not that I’m in New England much lately) is Nightshift brewery in Boston by the Garden, which was very solid.
It’s incredibly good. They are the inventors of the Detroit style. I enjoy the style as a change of pace. The corners of the squares where the cheese gets fried into the crust could be marketed like crack.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I just passed a joint called "Rocco's off Wooster Street." Route 1, Guilford.

Anyone had their pies?

Reaction Score
It’s incredibly good. They are the inventors of the Detroit style. I enjoy the style as a change of pace. The corners of the squares where the cheese gets fried into the crust could be marketed like crack.
I’m confused, are you in Detroit?

And yeah the fried cheese is basically half the draw to the style of pie lol I had an amazing one in SF at Tony’s, run by true Italians. I have to imagine you’ve been there. Multiple gold medal pies there. Life-changing Margherita; in fact, it won a competition in Naples. Excellent New Haven pie there as well that won at the pizza expo in Vegas one year. They do around 9 different styles, all with specific oven temps

Reaction Score
This thread reminds me my Grandsons got us three pizza’s from I believe , Modern they will ship to AZ . It’s probably time to collect. Going on 4 months removed from my last Ct Pizza ( Pepe’s in Danbury)

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I’m confused, are you in Detroit?

And yeah the fried cheese is basically half the draw to the style of pie lol I had an amazing one in SF at Tony’s, run by true Italians. I have to imagine you’ve been there. Multiple gold medal pies there. Life-changing Margherita; in fact, it won a competition in Naples. Excellent New Haven pie there as well that won at the pizza expo in Vegas one year. They do around 9 different styles, all with specific oven temps
I was this afternoon. Now I’m on a plane home

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score

Anyone had their pies?

I have been there once. Their pies are good and what you would expect in the New Haven area. Not on the level of Grand Apizza, but they are a solid option.

Reaction Score

Anyone had their pies?
It’s the 4th best pizzeria in the town of Guilford. It’s just ok.

Bufalina
Carpanzano’s (partly because they also make surprisingly good fresh pasta)
Grand
Rocco’s

Reaction Score
It’s the 4th best pizzeria in the town of Guilford. It’s just ok.

Bufalina
Carpanzano’s (partly because they also make surprisingly good fresh pasta)
Grand
Rocco’s
I do not like Bufalina one iota. I gotta pick one I'm going Grand here.

Reaction Score
@8893 loves Bufalina

1681843313935.gif

Reaction Score
I'll take the bait... a couple owns a 12 seat restaurant that makes really good pizza, with really good ingredients. They work the restaurant themselves every day they are open. They rotate their menu 8 times a year and roll out a creative special pizza every single week.

Do you not like Neopolitan pizza? Small business owners who are really nice? Interesting menus that change? I have to know!

Reaction Score
Stopped into The Spot this weekend to check out if the best is still the best. Confirmed Pepe's is still king. Always find the pies at the Spot have a little extra crunch to them with a little less char, which is more appealing to the masses.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
East Hampton Junior High School had pizza better looking than that shingle.
East Hampton has a middle school, not a junior high. Be that as it may, I'll ask my kids to compare on Friday.

Reaction Score
East Hampton Junior High School had pizza better looking than that shingle.
East Hampton actually has a pretty solid pizza spot in Rossini's. My favorite (excluding Pepe's locations) in greater Hartford at this point

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom